Originally Posted by wgerman
What downfall? Bose products are not SOTA but they don't sound horrible either.
Most but not all of their products sound horrible.
1. Wave CD/Radio- What high end company would invest in making an alarm clock sound descent?
2. QC15- What high end company thought about noise cancelling technology? And newflash, these actually sound better than much of the competition, with the boomy bass firmed in this generation. They sound better than the vaunted Sennheiser PC450.
Noise cancelling headphones have been used in aviation for over 50 years. Bose certainly didn't invent it.
3. satellite/sub- before the ancient Bose AM-3 speakers, what high end company thought of packaging book shelf speakers with a sub? Now its common as rain.
2.1 systems have been marketed since the 70s. Bose simply marketed better than some others.
4. Who was the first company to team up with a car maker?
Blaupunkt, back in the 1930s.
5.Finally, how many of us 'audiopiles' got our first taste of descent music on a Bose system. Many, including myself.
Sorry to hear that.
Bose have made many mistakes,
Yes, Bose calls them "speakers".
even Amar himself admitted he almost bankrupted the company spending so much on certain pet projects. One being the electric active suspension....oops.
There used to be an employee from the Bose automotive division who used to post here,but as usual some here ran him off (actually, I bet he was posting without the permission of the company and was told to stop). But while he was posting he gave us
some insights into the company-
1.The company could play in the high end market, not enough money in it.
At least they admit they are just in it for the money.
2. Many of the Bose engineers are themselves audiophiles.
Which makes their shame even greater.
3.The car and home division have different marketing goals. Thats why the car systems sound nothing like their home systems.
I have a Bose sytem that came with my car and it sounds as awful if not worse than any Bose home system.