Originally Posted by jevansoh
I am a bit confused as usual.
Is this only in reference to Oremote for iPhone/iPad, are you referencing the network features within the Pre-Pro, or are you saying there is actually IP Control and a Web App for this (or your??) Pre-Pro?? Does it allow you to control everything, such as selecting inputs, setup options, volume/mute, etc, in a browser and on a computer? My Denon 5805CI has this and I REALLY want it badly as I use it constantly as my "remote control" so if this is an option, AWESOME!
Oremote permits this control of recent onkyo integra prepros and receivers via an iPad or iPhone app. Look up the web page for this. The about to be released version 1.23 works well with my 80.2. I have been lucky to preview and beta this new release. It works well and is very useful. I use it to listen to Pandora and Iradio without using my TV.
From web site:
"With oRemote, an iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch (iOS 4.2 required) and a wireless (Wi-Fi) network, you can control your network-enabled Onkyo or Integra AVR from anywhere in the house. oRemote enables full control over all inputs and zones with constant screen updates of the status of your AVR.
Wireless control of your networked-enabled Onkyo or Integra receiver
1. •Zero-configuration setup - App auto-detects your AVR and sets itself up
2. •Controls Sources for all zones, custom labels for sources, enable/hide sources
3. •Zone Controls for all supported zones, including power, volume, and source selection
4. •Controls playback of UP-A1 iPod Dock and UP-HT1 HD Radio Tuner
5. •Controls playback of built-in tuner
6. •Controls playback of USB sources, iRadio, DLNA and Windows Media shared media.
7. •Select iRadio presets by dial control
8. •Select listening modes by pushbutton or dial control
9. •Display of audio and video source and output information - HDMI, Bitrate, etc.
10. •Display of media playback on screen - no need to turn on the TV
11. •Display of menus for media playback (2010 model AVRs only)
12. •RI, RIHD (HDMI CEC) control for BluRay, DVD players, and the DS-A3 iPod dock
13. •Port tab auto-detects whether HDRadio or iPod is active
14. •Speaker Layout
15. •In-app Settings"
The 80.2 has a web page that gives one access to Internet presets as well. just log into the ip address of the unit.