or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The Official Integra DHC-80.2 Pre/Pro Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Integra DHC-80.2 Pre/Pro Thread - Page 17

post #481 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

I am having an issue with no sound being produced from a cold start. After this happens I turn my system and start again. Once my surrounds and subs worked but not my front three speakers. Most times however there is nothing. I have checked my connections and also changed the order of devices that go on with different delays. Results are the same cold start no sound. Second time around all ok. XLR connections. Same problem with tuner or DTV.

2nd time around all works ok.

Has anybody else had this issue. If so have you solved it?


Joel

PS Outside of this issue the 80.2 is working very very well-sound great! Internet (Pandora Radio fine. Video works great for Blu Ray and DTV. I llike the different settings for video on each input. SACDs sound great, movies as well.

Similar for me. With the HDMI control enabled on the TV and Integra I am getting no audio with the first cold boot. 2nd boot and it works which is weird. I tried putting in an optical cable and that didn't help which makes me think it might not be an HDMI handshaking problem. For now, I'm just leaving the Integra running all the time and turning the TV and Direct TV box off and on. So far (just a couple cold boots and all works). Tried leaving the Direct TV box running and I still have the audio fails with cold boots on the Integra.

I still have clicking of relays when using Dolby Digital with the Direct TV box. If I disable the Dolby in the Direct TV box, the clicking is seldom and not objectionable.

I had no issues with the ethernet. Plugged in a cable and it worked straight away. Never had to reboot the switch or anything. I haven't really used the net much, but did try streaming audio with no issues.
post #482 of 3823
Thanks I am not alone. I sent Ina note we shall see. Setting all to thx for dtv has kept the relay switching down but still there.

I now leave 80.2 on in tuner mode and muted rather than turn it off with remote. This works but I would rather leave it in standby.
post #483 of 3823
More information. When I am watching Direct TV and I switch audio modes, and when the Direct TV box powers up, I get a crackle in the speakers. This only happens though with Dolbly Digital Mono and Dolby Digital, but none of the other Dolby Digital modes. Weird.

What is the best more realistic mode for TV watching? I've been mostly using Dolby Digital Direct. No clicking, and the rears seem to only have ambience stuff.
post #484 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

I am having an issue with no sound being produced from a cold start. After this happens I turn my system and start again...I have checked my connections and also changed the order of devices that go on with different delays. Results are the same cold start no sound. Second time around all ok.

2nd time around all works ok.

Has anybody else had this issue. If so have you solved it?

Joel

I have the same problem and found a DTS 96/24 bug (see below). I have tried a hard reset and re-configure and no matter what I change or do the problem is the same. Tried all different startup sequences etc. I emailed Integra support and I am waiting for a reply.

On the first setup attempt, I had no sound output from the surround backs. After checking everything, I decided to do a hard reset (VCR/DVR + Standby = CLR) and then all outputs worked. I did a basic manual setup of my speakers and inputs, and before going to much further decided to just put it through its paces for a couple of days. I've used it since Wednesday and have not gone any further because I have the cold start problem described above.

During the testing I think I have discovered a bug with DTS 96/24 that I have also notified Integra Tech Support about. See the attached pictures. During testing I tried to put one of every source disc & file type I have available to see if there were any problems. When playing a DTS 96/24 source, it reports receiving DTS 96/24 at 48KHz instead of 96KHz. With Audyssey on it outputs as plain DTS. With Audyssey off, it shows input DTS 96/24 at 48KHz instead of 96Khz, and output as DTS 96/24 (see pics). On my prior Onkyo TX-NR906 I had no issues with DTS 96/24 or any format, with or without Audyssey. Other than DTS 96/24, all other source material (Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD-MSTR, DVD-Audio, SACD, FLAC, PCM etc.) has worked without issue all the way up to 192KHz. Hopefully they respond and figure out what is going on.
LL
LL
post #485 of 3823
My issue for sound is with all speakers with all settings. 2nd try always works fine.

Executive 400 here in Burke (Justin) was very helpful to me with 80.2
post #486 of 3823
I had the same problem with no sound from cold start. I now turn on TV first and set the 12v triggers to my amps at 3sec. All is fine now. I am not using my harmonay remote yet, so this is with the Integra remote.
post #487 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by nethomas View Post

I had the same problem with no sound from cold start. I now turn on TV first and set the 12v triggers to my amps at 3sec. All is fine now. I am not using my harmonay remote yet, so this is with the Integra remote.

interesting to know...
post #488 of 3823
Nethomas, Thanks for the heads up, didn't think to change the delay on the AMP. I just adjusted the delay, shut down everything, and the next cold start worked. I'll give this a try and see if the problem goes away completely.
post #489 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by nethomas View Post

I had the same problem with no sound from cold start. I now turn on TV first and set the 12v triggers to my amps at 3sec. All is fine now. I am not using my harmonay remote yet, so this is with the Integra remote.

I had set one of amps to 3. I will do both and see what happens.
post #490 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by nethomas View Post

I had the same problem with no sound from cold start. I now turn on TV first and set the 12v triggers to my amps at 3sec. All is fine now. I am not using my harmonay remote yet, so this is with the Integra remote.

Nope did work for me. Twice on is the charm.
post #491 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by pciav View Post

Netthomas, Thanks for the heads up, didn't think to change the delay on the AMP. I just adjusted the delay, shut down everything, and the next cold start worked. I'll give this a try and see if the problem goes away completely.


I've tried several cold starts now with the TV and the Direct TV DVR on and I never get audio with a cold start this way. I've of course tried many cold starts with everything starting together (with a 3 second amp delay) and I never get audio on a cold start. I also have all HDMI control disabled on both the TV and the 80.2.

Seem that if the 80.2 is powered up first, and I mean all the way up so that the logo is off the TV, then the HDMI synch works ok. If I try turning on the 80.2 first and let it power all the way up, and then power up the Direct TV box it synchs every time.

BUT, setting it up this way would require like a 20 second delay between the 80.2 power on command and the Direct TV power on command.
post #492 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by nethomas View Post

I had the same problem with no sound from cold start. I now turn on TV first and set the 12v triggers to my amps at 3sec. All is fine now. I am not using my harmonay remote yet, so this is with the Integra remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciav View Post

Nethomas, Thanks for the heads up, didn't think to change the delay on the AMP. I just adjusted the delay, shut down everything, and the next cold start worked. I'll give this a try and see if the problem goes away completely.

Shut everything down, went out for a while, just came back, started everything up, and no sound! I guess the shutdown and restart earlier was a fluke.

My turn on sequence (via programmed macro) TV (7 sec. delay), Integra (10 sec. delay) Integra logo comes up on screen and clears, last is the source. I have tried every combination of the turn on sequence with no luck. Never experienced a problem with my previous Onkyo TX-NR906 using the same sequence.

Hopefully Integra will respond to the email I sent on Friday.
post #493 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by nethomas View Post

I had the same problem with no sound from cold start. I now turn on TV first and set the 12v triggers to my amps at 3sec. All is fine now. I am not using my harmonay remote yet, so this is with the Integra remote.

Netthomas...great info on the 12v triggers. Also, have you found a source for the IR codes related to your harmony remote yet? I have a harmony one and am also looking ;-) Thanks!
post #494 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by adminglf View Post

Netthomas...great info on the 12v triggers. Also, have you found a source for the IR codes related to your harmony remote yet? I have a harmony one and am also looking ;-) Thanks!

I am using a Harmony One with the codes for the 80.1
post #495 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Jensen View Post

I am using a Harmony One with the codes for the 80.1

Cool! ;-) Did you download them from Logitech or another location?
post #496 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by adminglf View Post

Cool! ;-) Did you download them from Logitech or another location?

When I set up the 80.2 as a new "device" I just enter DHC-80.1 and it seems the codes are really the same...joe
post #497 of 3823
Same startup problem here. Powered up the preamp, powered on my device (HTPC over HDMI), fine picture, but no sound, unplugged replugged the PC, switched inputs, switch modes. No sound.

I was pulling my hair out, then I unplugged/replugged the integra when I powered it up it started playing sound.

Doesn't seem like an 'amp trigger' problem, each of my amps and my prepro have a dedicated 20A circuit.
post #498 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunzelman View Post

Same startup problem here. Powered up the preamp, powered on my device (HTPC over HDMI), fine picture, but no sound, unplugged replugged the PC, switched inputs, switch modes. No sound.

I was pulling my hair out, then I unplugged/replugged the integra when I powered it up it started playing sound.

Doesn't seem like an 'amp trigger' problem, each of my amps and my prepro have a dedicated 20A circuit.

You do not need to to unplug -just turn off with your remote and then turn on again. Sound appears-as long as you do this promptly. Probably a good idea for all us to report this by email if not by a call.
post #499 of 3823
I was all set to get the 80.2, but after the reported issues such as no sound on start up, network issues, and hdmi handshake problems, I'll hold out for awhile. I'm using a Pioneer SC-05 AVR as a pre/pro with my B&K ref. 200.7 amp, and (Knock on wood!) don't experience any issues like these. I'm a little surprised beacuse I figured the 80.2 was really just a refresh of the 80.1, but apparently not. I hope all these issues get resolved soon. Thanks to the early users of the 80.2 for making these issues known both to the forum and to Integra.
post #500 of 3823
TL5, as with ALL new high end peices there are ALWAYS bugs. Its COMMON. At the beginning of a products life you typically will hear about all the issues FIRST. Dont let it scare you away from a fantastic model line. All issues get resolved with a simple firmware upgrade.

HDMI handshake issues are the plaque of the industry. It will be addressed. Im confident of that.
post #501 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by TL5 View Post

I was all set to get the 80.2, but after the reported issues such as no sound on start up, network issues, and hdmi handshake problems, I'll hold out for awhile. I'm using a Pioneer SC-05 AVR as a pre/pro with my B&K ref. 200.7 amp, and (Knock on wood!) don't experience any issues like these. I'm a little surprised beacuse I figured the 80.2 was really just a refresh of the 80.1, but apparently not. I hope all these issues get resolved soon. Thanks to the early users of the 80.2 for making these issues known both to the forum and to Integra.

The sound issue is not a big deal since you just turn off and then on the 80.2 and all is well after that. I do not have the other issues at this point. I do love the sound of this unit. But it might make sense to wait until the next firmware release to see if your concerns are taken care of.
post #502 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post


Bluray via oppo BDP-83, into a panasonic pt-ax100u.

I had put new hdmi cables in yesterday, so i went back to the ones i had the other night and my dropouts continued. It cut to a blue screen 3 more times before the end of the movie, no fun at all. I did have a power outage this afternoon while working on it, maybe i lost some settings. I think i will restore to factory and redo in the morning.

It is worth noting that I have watched a number of movies since I had the drop out issues and everything has been working just fine, no sign of drop since. I think the sound is outstanding even though I still need to do calibration. I have not had any network issues at all and I assume my pandora problem is really just a bad message rather than an actual problem as I am coming in from Canada.
post #503 of 3823
I found a way to get internet radio on my 80.2. It will not connect if I have the ethernet cable plugged in when I turn the unit on. But if I UNPLUG the ethernet cable. Then turn the unit on, then plug in the ethernet cable after the unit has powered up, it will connect to the internet 100% of the time.

Who knows why this is true, and it's VERY annoying to operate this way, but it is reliable.

-Roger
post #504 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzun View Post

I found a way to get internet radio on my 80.2. It will not connect if I have the ethernet cable plugged in when I turn the unit on. But if I UNPLUG the ethernet cable. Then turn the unit on, then plug in the ethernet cable after the unit has powered up, it will connect to the internet 100% of the time.

Who knows why this is true, and it's VERY annoying to operate this way, but it is reliable.

-Roger


I'll have to try this today after work. Thanks!
post #505 of 3823
Instead of turning off the 80.2 I am now putting it on an input I do not use-like port when I finish for the day. I sewt my triggers to off for the amps. This avoids the problem of double starts when I use the 80.2 the next day.

I would of course like this problems to be solved but this is seems to be a reasonable work around. Not sure how much more power is used on when sitting on a non used input than in standby.
post #506 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_the_goose View Post

Thanks for this thread..

I had a salesman pushing the 80.2 yesterday, and I had one question - How does the 80.2 differ from the Onkyo TX-NR5008?

I'm just window-shopping. I have a Denon AVR-5803 that performs great, but has zero internet connectivity and no HDMI support. Other than that, it's a great performer, and I don't want to spend $thousands if it's not worth it, esp. in this economy.

Thanks!

Aside from a few hundred $ of MSRP favoring the Onkyo, the Integra has a 3 year warranty, as opposed to 2, and it supports Audyssey Pro, unlike the Onkyo. There are also the cosmetic differences, but inside, I believe they are identical. Integra is only sold through bricks-and-mortar stores, but not online.

Possibly aside from the new Marantz Prepro, there is no better deal on the market.
post #507 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by nethomas View Post

I had the same problem with no sound from cold start. I now turn on TV first and set the 12v triggers to my amps at 3sec. All is fine now. I am not using my harmonay remote yet, so this is with the Integra remote.

Are you starting source components after the 80.2? If so, how much delay. In my setup, the TV seems irrelevant (I have all HDMI control disabled in the TV and 80.2). If I have my Oppo DVD player or DirectTV box running when the 80.2 boots audio fails. I've even added optical and coax audio and I still get no audio so it's not clear that it's an HDMI handshaking problem.
post #508 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Jensen View Post

Are you starting source components after the 80.2? If so, how much delay. In my setup, the TV seems irrelevant (I have all HDMI control disabled in the TV and 80.2). If I have my Oppo DVD player or DirectTV box running when the 80.2 boots audio fails. I've even added optical and coax audio and I still get no audio so it's not clear that it's an HDMI handshaking problem.

Does everyone who has the "cold start" no audio issue have a Direct TV box in the chain? I'm wondering if this is a Direct TV issue as I don't have the issue and I am using a Tivo HD.
post #509 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by bslep View Post

Does everyone who has the "cold start" no audio issue have a Direct TV box in the chain? I'm wondering if this is a Direct TV issue as I don't have the issue and I am using a Tivo HD.

Nope. I have Fios. It's not just one source. It's all sources, be it Fios, Blu-Ray, CD, Sonos etc. Same thing happens on cold start...no audio output regardless of which source the unit is turned on to. Press power off, turn it back on and audio works.
post #510 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by bslep View Post

Does everyone who has the "cold start" no audio issue have a Direct TV box in the chain? I'm wondering if this is a Direct TV issue as I don't have the issue and I am using a Tivo HD.

I have two sources with digital audio out, an Oppo BDP-83 and a Direct TV HR22 DVR. I have the cold start no audio issue with both. The only other source I have is an old VCR. I haven't experimented with that.

I just realized that I have digital audio out from my TV when doing things like Netflix streaming, I'll have to try an experiment on that today and report the findings.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The Official Integra DHC-80.2 Pre/Pro Thread