or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The Official Integra DHC-80.2 Pre/Pro Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Integra DHC-80.2 Pre/Pro Thread - Page 3

post #61 of 3823
After a new setup run i got this results, and a look at the GUI http://www.minhembio.com/forum/index...&#entry3026885

Dont know how to shrink images to fit this forum
post #62 of 3823
Just pre-ordered from a local dealer. I was told they will be shipping in one to two weeks.
post #63 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by homank76 View Post

Audessy always pulls the subs lower then we like, you have to go into the menu and change the settings. Mine were both set to -15db, I increased both to -13.5db and this made a huge difference.

If it set the sub to -15db, that may be the limit of the range of adjustment. You should turn down the gain on the sub itself and re-run Audyssey. If, then, you want to bump up the sub, that's fine but, at least, you will know you are working from the base of a proper setup.
post #64 of 3823
Okay efter spending almost 2 days with auto setup im finished. And the results is amazing. Bad that i have to do it all over next weekend when my Paradigm Sub 25 arrives
post #65 of 3823
Trying to figure out if I should go with the 80.2 or the Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508. I have no idea why there is Intgra and Onkyo Pro company and why they are releasing a similar product. Any ideas as to what sets these two apart?
post #66 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by james138 View Post

Trying to figure out if I should go with the 80.2 or the Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508. I have no idea why there is Intgra and Onkyo Pro company and why they are releasing a similar product. Any ideas as to what sets these two apart?

You have 3 years warranty on the Integra vs 2 on the Onkyo. Integra can be pro calibrated. And of course the look seperates them.
post #67 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by meller127 View Post

You have 3 years warranty on the Integra vs 2 on the Onkyo. Integra can be pro calibrated. And of course the look seperates them.

Also...the Integra has a 6 month advanced exchange vs straight repair on the Onkyo and OnkyoPro.
post #68 of 3823
Straight from the Integra General Product Information 2010 CD .. from CEDIA

here
post #69 of 3823
Pretty hefty price increase...
post #70 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post

Pretty hefty price increase...

Just wait until Denon refreshes the AVP-A1HDCI. It'll seem like a bargain.

But I know what you mean. I'm using the OP 885.
post #71 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post

Pretty hefty price increase...

Yeah. I was pretty interested in this unit but it's priced too high for me.
post #72 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

Straight from the Integra General Product Information 2010 CD .. from CEDIA .. MSRP $2800

here

I think you may be quoting the DTR 80.2 not the DHC 80.2. Check the 9/20/10 press release. The DHC 80.2 has an MSRP of $2,300. That's what I was quoted from my dealer and I got a nice discount off of that price.
post #73 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by bslep View Post

I think you may be quoting the DTR 80.2 not the DHC 80.2. Check the 9/20/10 press release. The DHC 80.2 has an MSRP of $2,300. That's what I was quoted from my dealer and I got a nice discount off of that price.

My mistake. That was the "DTR."

I deleted the erroneous info!

Jeff
post #74 of 3823
Whew! Thanks - Don
post #75 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post

Whew! Thanks - Don

Meller,

Can you confirm that the equalizer is 15 band like the 9.8, or have they downgraded it to 7 bands like the onkyo 5008
post #76 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by adol290 View Post

Meller,

Can you confirm that the equalizer is 15 band like the 9.8, or have they downgraded it to 7 bands like the onkyo 5008

No its 15.
post #77 of 3823
With Audyssey on board, does anyone contemplate using the equalizer?
post #78 of 3823
I have a couple of questions for you guys...

Does anyone know if the 80.2 has a metal faceplate and knob? I'm guessing it does, just wanted to confirm.

Does this have Control4 integration built in?

And I read the the 2 Ch/stereo performance of the 80.1 was nothing to rave about. Has anything changed in the 80.2? Has it improved? I ask because I'm guessing I will use the 80.1 mostly for listen to my music streamed from iTunes.
post #79 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by james138 View Post

I have a couple of questions for you guys...

Does anyone know if the 80.2 has a metal faceplate and knob? I'm guessing it does, just wanted to confirm.

Does this have Control4 integration built in?

And I read the the 2 Ch/stereo performance of the 80.1 was nothing to rave about. Has anything changed in the 80.2? Has it improved? I ask because I'm guessing I will use the 80.1 mostly for listen to my music streamed from iTunes.

yes to both...metal....call Integra 800 225 1946 for the Control 4 question.
post #80 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by james138 View Post

I have a couple of questions for you guys...

Does anyone know if the 80.2 has a metal faceplate and knob? I'm guessing it does, just wanted to confirm.

Does this have Control4 integration built in?

And I read the the 2 Ch/stereo performance of the 80.1 was nothing to rave about. Has anything changed in the 80.2? Has it improved? I ask because I'm guessing I will use the 80.1 mostly for listen to my music streamed from iTunes.

Out of curiosity if your using it mostly for music why not buy a 2 channel pre with HT passthrough and just the 40.2?
post #81 of 3823
It's not that I won't be using for ht theater, it's just that I think I'll be a little more critical when it comes to music, so i want it to sound good. That being said, I'm not an audiophile, so I guess I want to hear it from somebody who knows better that the Integra 80.2 is no slouch when it comes to music.
post #82 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by james138 View Post

It's not that I won't be using for ht theater, it's just that I think I'll be a little more critical when it comes to music, so i want it to sound good. That being said, I'm not an audiophile, so I guess I want to hear it from somebody who knows better that the Integra 80.2 is no slouch when it comes to music.

Let's be more precise in our language. You say you are more critical when it comes to music and so am I but..................are your music sources analog or digital? I ask because the minor failings of the Integra prepros are with their analog inputs, not the digital inputs, and the number of channels is totally irrelevant.
post #83 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by bslep View Post

Just pre-ordered from a local dealer. I was told they will be shipping in one to two weeks.

My local dealer knew nothing about the 80.2 and had to contact Integra directly. They were told they cannot order it until the end of October but did confirm the $2300 retail price.

How does the 80.2 compare to the Marantz AV7005 which is $800 cheaper? If you listen to more music than HT, I am hearing that the Marantz will sound better for 2.1 audio and even on the HT front that the Anchor Bay 1080P processor on the Marantz is better than the HQV Reon chip in the Integra... so why is the Integra so much more $$$?
post #84 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal19 View Post

My local dealer knew nothing about the 80.2 and had to contact Integra directly. They were told they cannot order it until the end of October but did confirm the $2300 retail price.

How does the 80.2 compare to the Marantz AV7005 which is $800 cheaper? If you listen to more music than HT, I am hearing that the Marantz will sound better for 2.1 audio and even on the HT front that the Anchor Bay 1080P processor on the Marantz is better than the HQV Reon chip in the Integra... so why is the Integra so much more $$$?

At least in existing models, Marantz has/had wimpy processors without enough snot to do common 96/24 DTS-HD and TrueHD and keep Audyssey room correction running. Audyssey drops out on those sources. That is buried in the @#$^^& manual. Don't know about the one you mention, but now you know what to look for.

Truth in posting: Onk and Integras drop Audyssey at 24/192 multichannel, but ... just find a source like that.

Jeff
post #85 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

At least in existing models, Marantz has/had wimpy processors without enough snot to do common 96/24 DTS-HD and TrueHD and keep Audyssey room correction running. Audyssey drops out on those sources. That is buried in the @#$^^& manual. Don't know about the one you mention, but now you know what to look for.

Truth in posting: Onk and Integras drop Audyssey at 24/192 multichannel, but ... just find a source like that.

Jeff

Yes. The Marantz AV7005 does that, too, and is an advance on the AV8003. In addition, it has Audyssey MultEQ XT (old one had only MultEQ) and Pro-compatibility. Of course, the Integra trumps that with XT32.
post #86 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

Yes. The Marantz AV7005 does that, too, and is an advance on the AV8003. In addition, it has Audyssey MultEQ XT (old one had only MultEQ) and Pro-compatibility. Of course, the Integra trumps that with XT32.

Marantz gear is pretty.

Jeff
post #87 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

Let's be more precise in our language. You say you are more critical when it comes to music and so am I but..................are your music sources analog or digital? I ask because the minor failings of the Integra prepros are with their analog inputs, not the digital inputs, and the number of channels is totally irrelevant.

Kal...I will be listening to about 90% of my music streamed to my Apple AirPort Express and the other 10% will be from my CD/SACD player and my turntable. So does that mean that the steamed music will sound great since it goes into a digital source?
post #88 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by james138 View Post

Kal...I will be listening to about 90% of my music streamed to my Apple AirPort Express and the other 10% will be from my CD/SACD player and my turntable. So does that mean that the steamed music will sound great since it goes into a digital source?

Yes.
post #89 of 3823
Good answer.
post #90 of 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

With Audyssey on board, does anyone contemplate using the equalizer?


I found with Audyssey my 5.1 system was good, but somewhat flat in the high end, and low end.

I did a test on a blu-ray concert with Audyssey on and then off. I noticed quite a bit more detail in the high end, and better bass in the low end, with Audyssey off.

I also liked the sound with a little more manual adjustment on the equalizer section. This is just my preference.

I like to use Audyssey to initially set up all the distances/spl etc, but turn it off after that.

It all boils down to listening preferences.

Maybe the Audyssey xt32 is better for preserving the high end. It would be nice to know.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The Official Integra DHC-80.2 Pre/Pro Thread