or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "The Walking Dead" on AMC HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 83

post #2461 of 6194
Wouldn't they be eaten by fish and other scavengers in water?
post #2462 of 6194
^^Terrific...And Syfy just got a ton of new movie ideas. Zombie Shark Attack, Zombie Piranha Apocalypse, Mega Zombie Electro Eel vs Zombie Dino Manta Ray.
post #2463 of 6194
Ugh...
post #2464 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

Wouldn't they be eaten by fish and other scavengers in water?

Probably the same reason they aren't eaten by bears and wolves in the woods...
post #2465 of 6194
Yeah, I imagine there's not a lot of appetite for dead/decaying flesh. I don't know what barnacles and the like actually are or what attracts them, but conceivably the zombies could incorporate them.

As long as the brain is functioning, doesn't matter how much flesh the scavengers pick away.
post #2466 of 6194
post #2467 of 6194
post #2468 of 6194
Nice to see that, even when on hiatus, TWD inspires a certain cadre of AVS-ers to continue bitching about how bad a show is....yet cannot keep talking about it/watching it when aired. Everything Kevin Smith ever taught me about the Internet was true.
post #2469 of 6194
I happen to love the show, but I also love to make fun of certain aspects of it.

Relax, it's just TV.
post #2470 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I happen to love the show, but I also love to make fun of certain aspects of it.

Relax, it's just TV.

The "ask the audience" icon really should be a horde of zombies
post #2471 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post


That made me laugh.
post #2472 of 6194
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I happen to love the show, but I also love to make fun of certain aspects of it.

Relax, it's just TV.

A sense of humor also seems to be dead.

Lori is taking over from Kim Bauer. Next season on TWD, Lori is trapped by a zombified tabby.

CAT FIGHT!
post #2473 of 6194
funny picture.. Phone a friend won't work because she has no friends..
post #2474 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

A sense of humor also seems to be dead.

Lori is taking over from Kim Bauer. Next season on TWD, Lori is trapped by a zombified tabby.

CAT FIGHT!

...that Carl brought home as a pet on one of his numerous walkabouts around the countryside... during a zombie apocalypse.

Mother and son are made for each other, except they can never seem to find each other!
post #2475 of 6194
post #2476 of 6194
I know they filming right now, but is there any word on when they will air season 3?
post #2477 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano18 View Post

I know they filming right now, but is there any word on when they will air season 3?

It's in the fall I believe, I wanna say somewhere around Halloween.
post #2478 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by balla01 View Post

It's in the fall I believe, I wanna say somewhere around Halloween.

A couple of Sundays prior to Halloween, I think it's the 18th, but don't have a calendar handy.
post #2479 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post


A couple of Sundays prior to Halloween, I think it's the 18th, but don't have a calendar handy.

That would be 10-21. I figured it would be around then since that's when the first two seasons started.
post #2480 of 6194
Behind the scenes clip from new season, no spoilers.

post #2481 of 6194
Andrew Lincoln is British?

It's amazing how well some of those blokes manage to do American accents. I never would have guessed.
post #2482 of 6194
And T-dog had more dialog than he had in the whole 2nd season...
post #2483 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBaGeL View Post

Andrew Lincoln is British?

It's amazing how well some of those blokes manage to do American accents. I never would have guessed.

Yup. he was on Letterman near the end of Season 2 talking about why he changed his last name for showbiz etc.
post #2484 of 6194
I am always amazed at how many foreign actors play major roles in Hollywood shows. It must be easy for actors to get work Visas.

Andrew Lincoln - The Walking Dead
Anna Torv, John Noble, and Joshua Jackson - Fringe
Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic - Castle
Jason OMara - Terra Nova
Hugh Laurie - House
Simon Baker - The Mentalist
Poppy Montgomery - Unforgettable
Anthony LaPaglia - Without a Trace
Emily Van Camp - Revenge
...
post #2485 of 6194
[via press release from AMC]
AMC ANNOUNCES "THE WALKING DEAD" SEASON 3 PREVIEW WEEKEND ON JULY 7 & 8

July 7 & 8
Highlights include the world television premiere of the black and white version of "The Walking Dead" pilot episode.

---------------------------------------------------------------



Programming Event Features Marathon of All 19 Episodes From Emmy(R)-Winning Series' First Two Seasons Wrapped with Special Episodic Behind-the-Scenes Footage

Weekend Culminates with "Talking Dead" Live Primetime Special, Including Exclusive First Look Scene from "The Walking Dead" Season 3 and World Television Premiere of Black and White Version of Pilot Episode

Fans Can Enter "The Walking Dead" Watch to Win Sweepstakes

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...r15HVFE8lcC.99
post #2486 of 6194
I didn't notice that Ernest Dickerson directed the cliffhanger. He's a brilliant cinematographer (known for Spike Lee films especially) and is fascinating to listen to on DVD commentaries.

Doug
post #2487 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

I didn't notice that Ernest Dickerson directed the cliffhanger. He's a brilliant cinematographer (known for Spike Lee films especially) and is fascinating to listen to on DVD commentaries.

Doug

I think he directed a few episodes.
post #2488 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBaGeL View Post

Andrew Lincoln is British?

It's amazing how well some of those blokes manage to do American accents. I never would have guessed.

My wife immediately recognized Lincoln from his role in Love Actually (guy infatuated with is best friend's fiance who looked an awful lot like Kiera Knightly) when we first watched the pilot.

His accent slips a tad on rare occasions, but I wonder if Southern accents are easier for Brits to pull off?
post #2489 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post


My wife immediately recognized Lincoln from his role in Love Actually (guy infatuated with is best friend's fiance who looked an awful lot like Kiera Knightly) when we first watched the pilot.

His accent slips a tad on rare occasions, but I wonder if Southern accents are easier for Brits to pull off?

Not so sure about that. Idris Alba does just fine with a standard accent same with Jamie what's his name from Battlestar Galactica. Oh let's not forget the Australians that have made headways (John Noble and Anna Torv just to name 2).
post #2490 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post

[via press release from AMC]
AMC ANNOUNCES "THE WALKING DEAD" SEASON 3 PREVIEW WEEKEND ON JULY 7 & 8

July 7 & 8
Highlights include the world television premiere of the black and white version of "The Walking Dead" pilot episode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

That's not a good date for fans who have Dish Network. If AMC is dropped and you wait a couple of days to see what happens, and they still haven't added AMC back (hey, they still don't have ABC Family HD back), it's not really ample time to switch to cable/Directv in time to catch this special.

Just have to hope for good news on an agreement before the end of this month.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/d...amc/signatures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "The Walking Dead" on AMC HD