or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "The Walking Dead" on AMC HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 101

post #3001 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post

I am going to go out on a limb and say Kirkman thinks we are definitely smarter than what he put in front of us. We did not see Merle die on screen and yet he pops back up "surprisingly". We did not see little Andrew die on screen and he pops up "surprisingly". I will go out on a limb and say Carl did not execute Lori and Carol did not get eaten by Walkers..all to set up both surprise returns. Whether Lori shows back up as a walker to face rick and if carol comes back safe,they would both seem to be pretty predictable.
I also think the scribbling of 1's next to Penny's name on the governors notebook were notes of how many days she has survived as a zombie.
Without spoiling considering the great difference with the comics now I cannot see how they will be able to tie in the governor and the prison group now.

The events so far have taken place in under a year .. the journal lines far exceeded that count ..

It's possible Carl did not shoot Lori .. the clue being Rick picking up a bullet that was laying on the floor where Lori was .. the bullet looked like it was deformed somehow .. I only know this because I watch the show at 110" ..
post #3002 of 6194

I think the lines in the journal are how many people have been lost or turned to zombies.  You see the list of names and after his daughter he has a psychotic break and after that just gives each person a tick mark.

post #3003 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

The events so far have taken place in under a year .. the journal lines far exceeded that count ..
It's possible Carl did not shoot Lori .. the clue being Rick picking up a bullet that was laying on the floor where Lori was .. the bullet looked like it was deformed somehow .. I only know this because I watch the show at 110" ..

I'm pretty sure Carl didn't shoot lori for the same reason. If he had shot lori, you'd think that the bullet would still be in her head and the zombie would have ate the bullet along with her brains.

Not sure what the bloated zombie would have feasted on if that were the case though. I like that they keep you guessing.
post #3004 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post

I think the lines in the journal are how many people have been lost or turned to zombies.  You see the list of names and after his daughter he has a psychotic break and after that just gives each person a tick mark.

My own theory on the journal lines is simply he's gone off the deep end and obsessively marked the lines in an attempt to make people think he's actually doing something .. or he himself thinks he's doing something .. think Jack Nicholson in "The Shining" ..
post #3005 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post

I also think the scribbling of 1's next to Penny's name on the governors notebook were notes of how many days she has survived as a zombie.

+1
post #3006 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

My own theory on the journal lines is simply he's gone off the deep end and obsessively marked the lines in an attempt to make people think he's actually doing something .. or he himself thinks he's doing something .. think Jack Nicholson in "The Shining" ..

This ^

I took the lines to be the obsessive scribblings of a man gone mad. Think Kevin Spacey's serial killer in Seven.


Note: I think there were far to many lines for it to represent the number of days Penny had been alive or how long the colony had existed. There were pages of lines and the apocolypse is at most 1yr old.
post #3007 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromorris View Post

This ^
I took the lines to be the obsessive scribblings of a man gone mad. Think Kevin Spacey's serial killer in Seven.
Note: I think there were far to many lines for it to represent the number of days Penny had been alive or how long the colony had existed. There were pages of lines and the apocolypse is at most 1yr old.

Yep, the line count would far exceed total event days, which is under a year at this point ..
post #3008 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

I'm pretty sure Carl didn't shoot lori for the same reason. If he had shot lori, you'd think that the bullet would still be in her head and the zombie would have ate the bullet along with her brains.
Not sure what the bloated zombie would have feasted on if that were the case though. I like that they keep you guessing.

The zombie could have been a connoisseur whose lovely dinner was ruined by the bullet which he spit out in disgust. All he needed was some fava beans and a nice chianti.
post #3009 of 6194
So zombies will eat fresh corpses and how close they are to eating other zombies now?

So he ate the whole body? bones and all? except the bullet of course... if they were 2-3 more zombies there bloated perhaps...

Want to buy that T-Dog prosthetic on Talking Dead LOL
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Did the episode's Director screwed up and told us Carol's fate
post #3010 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

So zombies will eat fresh corpses and how close they are to eating other zombies now?
So he ate the whole body? bones and all? except the bullet of course... if they were 2-3 more zombies there bloated perhaps...
Want to buy that T-Dog prosthetic on Talking Dead LOL Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Did the episode's Director screwed up and told us Carol's fate


Hm do you mean
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You're referring about about the third drugged up grave?

Djoel
post #3011 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

So zombies will eat fresh corpses and how close they are to eating other zombies now?
...

Maybe they eat if the body is still warm and only lose interest when it turns? If Carl shot her that would prevent the change so the Walker could feast to his heart's content... gotta wonder about the bones though.
post #3012 of 6194
It was Lori, they said on Talking Dead (the extended only web). That's why the zombie was gorged and couldn't move.
post #3013 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycsmoke View Post

It was Lori, they said on Talking Dead (the extended only web). That's why the zombie was gorged and couldn't move.

Which leads to the question of whether the zombie's digestive tract is still working and, if so, why do the half zombies continue to survive (even if their metabolism is low for some reason) even if they are cut to pieces?
post #3014 of 6194
I guess I wasn't totally convinced while watching the show that we were supposed to believe the lone zombie ate Lori. Seems like it would take at least 3-4 grown adult zombies to fully consume her body. In addition, why didn't the zombies similarly consume T-Dogg's tender dark meat? rolleyes.gif

I contend the zombie on the floor didn't have a large enough belly for it to be Lori. Then again mabey this particular zombie was into competitive eating. Joey Chestnut, is that you?
post #3015 of 6194
It's always nice when your concerns are voiced by the masses on Imgur. rolleyes.gif


post #3016 of 6194
^^^^

It should say "meh, I want to do it with the crazy guy anyways, I'm horny"
post #3017 of 6194
^^^^^

B!tc&h there's a crazy party happening tonight, I'm not missin that for the world, or what's left of it...I' gana get drunk!

Djoel
post #3018 of 6194
Yea i just dont get how that zomb scoffed down all of lori ? even all the clothes too ? just seems like too much.

This dude i can maybe see it.

post #3019 of 6194
I don't rationalize this train wreck of a show any more...

Anyway, Rick ur crying kid is gonna get the rest of them killed while you go insane. Although... Maybe the kid will die on expired baby formula...
post #3020 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

I don't rationalize this train wreck of a show any more...
Anyway, Rick ur crying kid is gonna get the rest of them killed while you go insane. Although... Maybe the kid will die on expired baby formula...

The train wreck part your on your own, But I have to admit the first thing I thought of when they got the formula was why do they make so many different kinds when any old can lying around works fine? smile.gif
post #3021 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

The train wreck part your on your own\smile.gif

How can it be... First everyone has it and they turn when they are dead... Then they switch to if your bit you turn... Then there's the whole argument I read of if the walkers need humans like humans need food. They don't... then there's a zombie that eats all of Lori... ?????? These guys flip flop just as much as Rob Me or more... :flame suit on:
post #3022 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

I don't rationalize this train wreck of a show any more...
Anyway, Rick ur crying kid is gonna get the rest of them killed while you go insane. Although... Maybe the kid will die on expired baby formula...

I don't rationalize anything as far as fictional TV goes .. and the shelf life of unopened baby formula is a minimum of a year, so since the event is still less than a year old, the formula passes the credibility test .. wink.gif
post #3023 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I don't rationalize anything as far as fictional TV goes .. and the shelf life of unopened baby formula is a minimum of a year, so since the event is still less than a year old, the formula passes the credibility test .. wink.gif

^ This. You guys can call the show whatever you want, but I respectfully disagree that it is a "train wreck." "Lost" was a train wreck; "Walking" is anything but. Let's also not forget that this is a show primarily about a zombie apocalypse, so trying to rationalize the credibility of a handful of events seems a bit trivial.
post #3024 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

^ This. You guys can call the show whatever you want, but I respectfully disagree that it is a "train wreck."

^^ ... yep, some may call it a train wreck .. but I, for one, am happy to take the ride .. wink.gif
post #3025 of 6194
I think that gluttonous zombie ate his fill of Lori and then later, she reanimated and shambled off. It's the only scenario that makes sense to me.
post #3026 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

How can it be... First everyone has it and they turn when they are dead... Then they switch to if your bit you turn... Then there's the whole argument I read of if the walkers need humans like humans need food. They don't... then there's a zombie that eats all of Lori... ?????? These guys flip flop just as much as Rob Me or more... :flame suit on:

So there can only be one way to become a zombie???? Putting on my TV writer hat, the more ways you can become a zombie, the more drama\excitement\danger involved in the show.....Your statements are making it seeem like they drop one for the other, when in fact, they are just adding to the current ways to become a zombie.
post #3027 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I don't rationalize anything as far as fictional TV goes .. and the shelf life of unopened baby formula is a minimum of a year, so since the event is still less than a year old, the formula passes the credibility test .. wink.gif


I was just happy I did not see a crawling dead,or just as bad a toddler which I was excepting to jump out the shadow eek.gif

I wasn't too concern with the formual. cool.gif

Djoel
post #3028 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Interesting comment as it touches on the subject of a Salon.com article called “The Walking Dead” has become a white patriarchy.
While I don't agree with everything the author has written she does make some valid points.
No spoilers by the way.

Thanks for the link. It was a very thoughtful and well-written essay. Those issues have been bothering me in WD, and I do agree with everything she's written.
post #3029 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

I was just happy I did not see a crawling dead,or just as bad a toddler which I was excepting to jump out the shadow eek.gif
I wasn't too concern with the formual. cool.gif
Djoel

Crawling dead / Predatory Baby .. you may be on to something .. wink.gif
post #3030 of 6194
How bout this....

bloated zombie was eating lori then a bunch of other zombies came along & ate her too then wandered off.

so maybe as far as % eaten of lori the breakdown is something like:
bloated zombie 30%
other zombies 65%
leftovers on floor 5%
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "The Walking Dead" on AMC HD