or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "The Walking Dead" on AMC HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 131

post #3901 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhall1 View Post

That's the other "Darren" I was referring too....not sure which one NetworkTV was going for.....

The Newhart Show. Or maybe it was called 'The Bob Newhart Show". Anyway, it was the one where he was the Innkeeper.
post #3902 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

The Newhart Show. Or maybe it was called 'The Bob Newhart Show". Anyway, it was the one where he was the Innkeeper.

He was never actually an innkeeper, just a shrink dreaming about being an innkeeper wink.gif

And it was Daryl, or Darryl, or Deryl?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN6UAzYY8qg
post #3903 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAd13 View Post

"Hi, I'm Larry; this is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother Darryl."

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

I was going for Bewitched...

http://www.tvparty.com/mysdarren.html

Just to complete the mashup of Bewitched and Newhart...

"Hi, I'm Samantha. This is my husband, Darren... and this is my other husband, Darren."

biggrin.gif
post #3904 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post


I enjoy that commercial every time it comes on, when my gal is sitting next to me I tell her you don't know what you're missing..She gives me a smirk, while quickly covering our 2 years old daughter..

Men make the worst mom biggrin.gif

Djoel

You might also enjoy the BrightHouse Walking Dead commercial as well.  Daryl, Maggie and Glenn are all in it.

 

BTW... The woman selling cable is Nomi Miron Bergman, the president of BrightHouse Networks (and someone I had the pleasure of working with for several years back in the '80s and '90s).  The man selling cable is Ed Carroll, COO of AMC.


Edited by jcalabria - 3/15/13 at 8:33am
post #3905 of 6194
post #3906 of 6194
LOL, it does kinda look like the cookie part of an Oreo.
post #3907 of 6194
WOW! That was a bad ass episode.. I thought they were going to through the flash back with Andre, and Michone.

DJoel
post #3908 of 6194
Why didn't Andrea just take the truck?
post #3909 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post

Why didn't Andrea just take the truck?

Probably the Gov had the keys on him, that' what I thought anyway.

Djoel
post #3910 of 6194
Probably just bad writing. Even if he had the keys, she could have popped a tire to limit him. Just in case, but I would have checked for the truck before moving on.
post #3911 of 6194
Todd McFarlane is a real live wire eek.gif


Djoel
post #3912 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post

Why didn't Andrea just take the truck?

If she couldn't take the truck, she should have slashed his tires.
post #3913 of 6194
Thread Starter 
The show vastly overestimates the audience empathy for Andrea. Basing almost an entire episode around her and not only making her a dumb blond in distress, but putting her in some stupid horror movie cliches did nothing for the tension.

Because what they thought was tense was just boredom to me. I was hoping she would die even more this episode, just based on her inability to spot any zombie that's 20 feet away in broad daylight. The time spent in the wilds in imminent danger has done nothing for her peripheral vision. She couldn't even see or hear the Gov running up on her and he's 7 feet tall and dressed in black. I was really hoping that Rick was going to kill her in Living Dead style. That would have been the perfect way to get rid of her character.

The rest of the episode was predictable too. Did anyone really need the 30 second steadicam shot at the end to guess that Andrea was in the chair as soon as The Governer returned?

And who burned the pits? Considering it's virtually impossible for anyone to even walk out of town without a boarding pass and strip search, how many people have the authority to borrow a truck and drive out when The Gov isn't there? rolleyes.gif
post #3914 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post

Why didn't Andrea just take the truck?

This is what I was thinking too! Or she could have done something to it to make sure he was well behind so she could have reached the prison before he got to her. I also think Milton was the one who burned the zombies in the pit but that's just my opinion.
post #3915 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

The show vastly overestimates the audience empathy for Andrea. Basing almost an entire episode around her and not only making her a dumb blond in distress, but putting her in some stupid horror movie cliches did nothing for the tension.

Because what they thought was tense was just boredom to me. I was hoping she would die even more this episode, just based on her inability to spot any zombie that's 20 feet away in broad daylight. The time spent in the wilds in imminent danger has done nothing for her peripheral vision. She couldn't even see or hear the Gov running up on her and he's 7 feet tall and dressed in black. I was really hoping that Rick was going to kill her in Living Dead style. That would have been the perfect way to get rid of her character.

The rest of the episode was predictable too. Did anyone really need the 30 second steadicam shot at the end to guess that Andrea was in the chair as soon as The Governer returned?

And who burned the pits? Considering it's virtually impossible for anyone to even walk out of town without a boarding pass and strip search, how many people have the authority to borrow a truck and drive out when The Gov isn't there? rolleyes.gif

It's funny a few weeks ago we were all (mostly?) happy when they had an episode or two where there was no Gov and no Andrea. But that's all we got last night. In the comics her character is fine, and I'm not blaming the actress on this one. I was thinking the Gov. in the show might be better then the comics because he was purely a psycho in the comics to the point where is was... comical, but so far I'm thinking less is more as far as his story line in the show.

I thought it was easy to guess that the "flamer" (AD reference) was Milton.
post #3916 of 6194
The scene where the Gov was searching for Andrea in the building was summed up perfectly by my wife. She said, "This is aggravating."
post #3917 of 6194
I liked the Horror/Thriller tone of the episode.

I want the Gov. dead, yet like Gyp Rosetti from BoardWalk Empire I'd rather wait in anticipation as he spirals out of control.

Andrea is the only logical thinking character at this point.rolleyes.gif
post #3918 of 6194
One question that's been nagging me, when Andrea, and the Gov are running through the abandon warehouse, and Andrea seems to find an exist to the up stair door to realize that it's full of walkers, she turns around to find ol crazy one eye trying to convince her Woodbury is were she belongs tied up to a chair getting torture.. Where the heck did she go once she open the door to release the zombies??? Behind the door? I gotta re watch that and see the mechanics of the door and space..It struck me as being odd, but I was so pumped after watching I completely disregard..


Djoel
post #3919 of 6194
To the question of "who set fire to the zombie pits?" Initially I thought it was Tyrese but that seemed to obvious so my suspicions turned to the disgruntled father from Tyrese's clan. I thought for sure that he was was attempting to frame Tyrese as he feared Tyrese was going to get the 4 of them kicked out of Woodbury.

As for Andrea's capture at the gates of the prison. I thought the scene was a bit too contrived and cliche'. When Andrea cried out and Rick started searching in his scope, I thought for sure he was going to see Lori standing at the edge of the forest. It might've been better if he wittnessed Andrea's capture but was helpless to stop it. It would've solidified his view that the Gov was hellbent on their destruction and that Rick would not turn over Michonne to suffer a similar fate.
post #3920 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromorris View Post

To the question of "who set fire to the zombie pits?" Initially I thought it was Tyrese but that seemed to obvious so my suspicions turned to the disgruntled father from Tyrese's clan. I thought for sure that he was was attempting to frame Tyrese as he feared Tyrese was going to get the 4 of them kicked out of Woodbury.

As for Andrea's capture at the gates of the prison. I thought the scene was a bit too contrived and cliche'. When Andrea cried out and Rick started searching in his scope, I thought for sure he was going to see Lori standing at the edge of the forest. It might've been better if he wittnessed Andrea's capture but was helpless to stop it. It would've solidified his view that the Gov was hellbent on their destruction and that Rick would not turn over Michonne to suffer a similar fate.



Andrea's Character let the cat out the bag last night's Talking Dead..On who tourched the pit.. rolleyes.gif


Djoel
post #3921 of 6194
It has to be the nerdy guy from town that told andrea the truth about the deal. I can't think of his name. Now how he got out with a truck would need some explaining

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
post #3922 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

It has to be the nerdy guy from town that told andrea the truth about the deal. I can't think of his name. Now how he got out with a truck would need some explaining

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2


Milton..Not sure if that's how spell that name.


DJoel
post #3923 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

WOW! That was a bad ass episode.. I thought they were going to through the flash back with Andre, and Michone.


I wish they had done that...

This episode, though it was filled with action, was total filler. After 2 great episodes, this felt like such a waste of time.

Gov must have put a tracking device on Andrea, to be able to find her immediately out in the open wilderness.



To your question about the stairwell. She opened the door and got behind it, using the door to block herself in.
post #3924 of 6194
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

It has to be the nerdy guy from town that told andrea the truth about the deal. I can't think of his name. Now how he got out with a truck would need some explaining

No explanation necessary on that part. It's been drummed into the audience repeatedly that he's one of the three people who has any authority and permission to leave. All he had to do was say he was went looking for The Gov and he would have been waved through the gates.

Why the show even bothered to hide his identity is just idiotic. But this was also the same episode in which Andrea is told she will never get close enough to The Gov to kill him and not only forgot she was in bed with him, but has her in conversation and then in the sights ten minutes later.
post #3925 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

No explanation necessary on that part. It's been drummed into the audience repeatedly that he's one of the three people who has any authority and permission to leave. All he had to do was say he was went looking for The Gov and he would have been waved through the gates.

Why the show even bothered to hide his identity is just idiotic. But this was also the same episode in which Andrea is told she will never get close enough to The Gov to kill him and not only forgot she was in bed with him, but has her in conversation and then in the sights ten minutes later.


I think the moment the parley between the two groups ended, it was over for that bed relationship. They show them both walking down different sides of the street. Gov is answering her question about the terms, hiding everything, and she knows he's full of shhh at that point. I'm not sure where she sleeps up until this last show, but there's no way it was with him.

The actor who plays Andrea stated in Talking Dead, it's different to kill someone in defense, than in cold blood, so that's why she couldn't do it that last night she spent with him. Now that she's decided he needs to go, she'll never get close enough to do it. She could have tried with the zombie swarm last night to come up behind him, but I think she wanted to get away more. Then we see how awesome the Gov is at finding Andrea.
post #3926 of 6194
I don't fully understand the hatred for Andrea-I found I was pulling for her to get away. She's sorta the prodigal daughter of Rick's group and deserves a chance to redeam herself.The gov. grabbing her just when it looks like she is going to make it was kinda hokey though. Could see that coming from the next county.
post #3927 of 6194
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

I don't fully understand the hatred for Andrea

If you found out your boyfriend was collecting severed heads, staged gladiator fights, attempted to kill your best friend, assaulted and tortured others, started a war etc. and you still stick around then people would think you were an idiot too.
post #3928 of 6194
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post


Another thing which is amusing about the last episode is that The Gov can drive, stalk, fight and ninja sneak better than Andrea and he only has one eye! biggrin.gif
post #3929 of 6194
The episode felt like filler. Not a lot of exposition. Andrea runs away and is chased and almost gets away but then is caught. Its like the writers are passing time until the final showdown.
post #3930 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post



Milton making the Gov's eye patches,





ONLY A PHYSICIST WOULD COME UP WITH THIS INSANE BUT AWESOME WAY TO SPLIT AN OREO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "The Walking Dead" on AMC HD