or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "The Walking Dead" on AMC HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 162

post #4831 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post

Rick is my least favorite character of the series. He is the leader of the group but he comes across to me as a dullard. I think it is the combination of the clueless looks he gives (acting), the slow, artificial sounding southern drawl (some British can pull off American accents, some can't), and the inconsistent, nonsensical choices he makes (writers).

There are apparently millions who disagree with me, but I get very frustrated because I love the concept of the show so much, have thoroughly enjoyed the good episodes and storylines, but feel it falls so far short of what it could be. TWD is a good show that I feel could be a GREAT show.

I couldn't agree with you more. I was starting to wish Rick would meet his end last year.

I had such high hopes for this season! We were told (by someone) that the first several episodes were going to really escalate into something, a hold on to your hats type of thing... I hate admit it, I feel like I'm complaining about one of my kids, but I'm really disappointed with the show so far this season.
post #4832 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

Let's see, gas is very scarce, gas pumps don't work and you basically have to carry extra fuel in portable gas gans. So I wouldn't take the vehicle that gets 4 miles to a gallon no matter how secure it was. It wouldn't be long before your stuck somewhere out of gas.

You can still get gas out of the gas stations with the proper equipment if they would look for it. In addition, they don't usually drive around aimlessly, they have a destination, a map, a plan. They can also bring a lot of extra gas with them, that is why they make gas cans.
post #4833 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

You can still get gas out of the gas stations with the proper equipment if they would look for it. In addition, they don't usually drive around aimlessly, they have a destination, a map, a plan. They can also bring a lot of extra gas with them, that is why they make gas cans.

Agree 100%.

People are pretty far and few from what I have I've seen, so they're got to be gas. Just need to get it with the right tools.


Djoel
post #4834 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espnetboy3 View Post

I really enjoyed last nights episode. The beginning monologue with Carol. The ending , road less traveled both literally and figuratively with Rick tearing up. When she said Rick its me. I think she was hoping Rick wouldn't tell Tyrese. She would be a goner anyway if she came back and he did tell him. I too don't think its the end of Carol. The show really has nothing to do with Zombies/Walkers. It's much more everyday people being put in this situation with strangers and trying to survive.


Yeah but they've covered this theme already, about keeping your humanity amidst these unhuman creatures.

That was the whole thing with Rick vs. Shane, who said Rick needed to toughen up to lead the group.

Then with the kid killing a Woodbury kid when he didn't have to.

Variations on the same theme.


They haven't really given them the luxury of worrying about their humanity, with the constant crises.
post #4835 of 6194
Carol was one of the few remaining characters left from the first season. [Glenn, Rick, Kahl]. As usual I blame Kirkman for banishing an interesting character, and Carol has been that this season. Hope we haven't seen the last of her. Anyone notice the resemblance between the 2 young girls father who got bit recently, and Carols original husband??? I also remember the beat-down Shane gave him...
post #4836 of 6194
Honestly, I think Tyrese is the biggest liability of the group right now, I am not sure how he survived last week getting out of the vehicle, he was totally surrounded and I know he was whack a mole-ing, but still without a scratch he comes out of that mess and then, the one he wouldn't let go of this week.
post #4837 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

Honestly, I think Tyrese is the biggest liability of the group right now, I am not sure how he survived last week getting out of the vehicle, he was totally surrounded and I know he was whack a mole-ing, but still without a scratch he comes out of that mess and then, the one he wouldn't let go of this week.

How he survived last week, he's acting like all this is new...eek.gif

I was thinking didn't his whole group he was originally with were chomped up by zombies," how the heck did he get over that" now he's freaking out over a girl he hardly new? I know he cared about her and all, but he got to get it together!

It aint pretty dude, Man up rolleyes.gif


DJoel
post #4838 of 6194
Arent we over 1.5 years into this now so shouldnt gas be becoming unusable at this point ?
post #4839 of 6194
^Unfortunately in the cray cray world of Duh Walking Dead no.
post #4840 of 6194
CBS should do a "Survivor" series from the prison and see how long they last..biggrin.gif
post #4841 of 6194
I guess I'm in the minority- I thought it was the best episode of the season so far.
They finally got away from that damn drab, sick, depressing prison and are out on the road again.
I didn't mind the "farm" season because the country setting and scenery was beautiful, but the current prison setting is very hard to endure.
post #4842 of 6194
I liked this last episode. It's probably my favorite one this season. When they go out and explore is when I'm most interested.
Rick didn't make a good choice IMHO. Carol is far more valuable then Tyrese. It's a pretty simple solution, don't tell anyone. If nobody found out right after it happened, there's no way they will later.
But the way I understood it, it was because Rick didn't trust her anymore. He didn't want someone in the group that would jump to killing innocent people because she thinks it *might* help. I get it, but don't think it was a good call.


Hopefully now we will get some episodes following Carol and her misadventures. Beats more prison episode.
And Tyrese sucks.
post #4843 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

Aren't we over 1.5 years into this now so shouldn't gas be becoming unusable at this point ?
This came up in the Revolution thread- they were something like 10-15 yrs into the blackout and were still able to use that old gasoline once they restored electrical power.
Apparently in TV land fuel does not go bad with age...
post #4844 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espnetboy3 View Post

I really enjoyed last nights episode. The beginning monologue with Carol. The ending , road less traveled both literally and figuratively with Rick tearing up. When she said Rick its me. I think she was hoping Rick wouldn't tell Tyrese. She would be a goner anyway if she came back and he did tell him. I too don't think its the end of Carol. The show really has nothing to do with Zombies/Walkers. It's much more everyday people being put in this situation with strangers and trying to survive.

I completely agree with you. The opening scene was very well-written and directed, and was very powerful. I'm sure we'll see Carol again. It was her strongest episode. If she was being written out, she would have died.
post #4845 of 6194
Mixed feelings on this episode. I loved they got out of the prison and we explored/saw new areas/things.

The kids in the room seemed a little weird/out of place. In a room right by a walker, and there for a long time. They never came out of the room to go to the batroom/get supplies, etc.???

Tyrese just seems to be over the top with his grief for someone he knew just briefly and his sister isn't dead yet. If he gets the medicine back she has a chance, but instead sacrifice yourself/act weird/rage, etc. just seems like a massive swing and an extreme that appears out of place.

I just can't stand when they go on these road trips for supplies they never actually pick up freaking supplies. They bring what, a single backpack and they put stuff in their pocklets. I mean for crying out loud, should you leave with a car fully loaded to the brim with supplies, not a few bags? They pass up all kinds of medicines, bandages, and other essentials like soap, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, etc. etc. etc. and they always go grab the one thing they are looking for at that time and then leave. Just frustrating, it is danagerous out there, shouldn't you load up, make multiple trips into the houses, stores, load up, go back. Cuts down on the number of trips you have to make, saves gas, and more importantly gets you the things you need.

Curious about the girl. They both had guns. She never got the chance to fire it even once, seems odd. Unless they are going to reveal it in a flashback that the boy did something to her. Not sure how they got the jump on her and got her leg off and she never fired a shot.

If it happened like they showed with Carol killing that lady while she just lay there coughing, WOW, that is cold and I agree with Rick, she is unstable making those kinds of decisions. She killed a human that was just sick, not a walker, not someone throwing up and about to die, etc.
post #4846 of 6194
rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

Arent we over 1.5 years into this now so shouldnt gas be becoming unusable at this point ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

This came up in the Revolution thread- they were something like 10-15 yrs into the blackout and were still able to use that old gasoline once they restored electrical power.
Apparently in TV land fuel does not go bad with age...

Actually it came up in the LOST thread when Hurley started up that VW bus. When I read dcowboy7's post I thought: Oh no - here we go again.

Can't believe people accept the dead walking around (or a mysterious island) and question the viability of gas they find. rolleyes.gif (BTW, I use Sta-Bil in my tanks. biggrin.gif)
post #4847 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

^Unfortunately in the cray cray world of Duh Walking Dead no.

In the real world gas would still be fine too. Many instances of people using gas that is several years old in the real world without issues. I know I've personally used old gas without issues and also seen it used at my cousins without any stabilizers used. of course the gas isn't ideal after awhile but a vehicle will still run on it. 1.5 year old gas is no big deal.Especially if it has been sitting in an air tight tank.
post #4848 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post


I just can't stand when they go on these road trips for supplies they never actually pick up freaking supplies. They bring what, a single backpack and they put stuff in their pocklets. I mean for crying out loud, should you leave with a car fully loaded to the brim with supplies, not a few bags? They pass up all kinds of medicines, bandages, and other essentials like soap, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, etc. etc. etc. and they always go grab the one thing they are looking for at that time and then leave. Just frustrating, it is danagerous out there, shouldn't you load up, make multiple trips into the houses, stores, load up, go back. Cuts down on the number of trips you have to make, saves gas, and more importantly gets you the things you need.

This was my main beef with the alcoholic medic - yeah he wanted a bottle, so what. But to ONLY get the bottle when he was the one pointing out what to get to the others?? Seriously?? It's dumb stuff like this that makes you not care about anything that happens to these idiots (as written).

I am glad they spent time out of the prison, the scenes there are snooze-inducing. Wasn't really surprised that Carol got sent packing either, but I don't think we've seen the last of her.
post #4849 of 6194
Does anyone think that Rick could be killed off this show? He seems to be the hero/antihero that the show is based on.
post #4850 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Mixed feelings on this episode. I loved they got out of the prison and we explored/saw new areas/things.

The kids in the room seemed a little weird/out of place. In a room right by a walker, and there for a long time. They never came out of the room to go to the batroom/get supplies, etc.???

.
They explained to Rick and Carol that once they saw the walker upstairs they ran into the bathroom. They had their basket if fruit and were in there I believe 2 days.
post #4851 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

In the real world gas would still be fine too. Many instances of people using gas that is several years old in the real world without issues. I know I've personally used old gas without issues and also seen it used at my cousins without any stabilizers used. of course the gas isn't ideal after awhile but a vehicle will still run on it. 1.5 year old gas is no big deal.Especially if it has been sitting in an air tight tank.

Watch it now. Some real badass marketing went into those products and you should respect it. smile.gif
post #4852 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post





I miss Merle .. eek.gif
post #4853 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson View Post

They explained to Rick and Carol that once they saw the walker upstairs they ran into the bathroom. They had their basket if fruit and were in there I believe 2 days.

I heard that, that is my point. They spent two days locked in a room and never once came out for water, bathroom, nothing. What, were they going to stay in there forever on a little bit of fruit?
post #4854 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I heard that, that is my point. They spent two days locked in a room and never once came out for water, bathroom, nothing. What, were they going to stay in there forever on a little bit of fruit?

Yes, most likely. They were idiots. That is why they are dead now.
post #4855 of 6194
Gasoline ....
Yes, this has been discussed in other threads .. plenty of people have jumpsarted & driven old cars that have "been found stored in a garage" for 5 / 10 /15 years ect,.. .. Dudes get out of jail & their car is still waiting for them ..., Someone uses the same filled gas can for their lawnmower each season for a few years until it runs out.....
Not the fuel you want, but it works .... 1 & half yrs is nothing...

Wonder what Rick will tell the majority of group ...

A) - She's dead ( this lie can come back to "bite" him)
B) - She "got lost"
C) - He decided to exile her without asking anyone.
D) - She found "other people" that needed her help & went off w/ them...
E) - Something else....
post #4856 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post

Wonder what Rick will tell the majority of group ...

A) - She's dead ( this lie can come back to "bite" him)
B) - She "got lost"
C) - He decided to exile her without asking anyone.
D) - She found "other people" that needed her help & went off w/ them...
E) - Something else....

Leaning C or E.
post #4857 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post

Gasoline ....
Yes, this has been discussed in other threads .. plenty of people have jumpsarted & driven old cars that have "been found stored in a garage" for 5 / 10 /15 years ect,.. .. Dudes get out of jail & their car is still waiting for them ..., Someone uses the same filled gas can for their lawnmower each season for a few years until it runs out.....
Not the fuel you want, but it works .... 1 & half yrs is nothing...

Wonder what Rick will tell the majority of group ...

A) - She's dead ( this lie can come back to "bite" him)
B) - She "got lost"
C) - He decided to exile her without asking anyone.
D) - She found "other people" that needed her help & went off w/ them...
E) - Something else....

"Carol admitted to me that she killed Karen. She's gone now." ...and when she turns up again, "I never said she was dead."
post #4858 of 6194
This was my favorite episode of the season primarily because they got away from the prison. I really dislike the prison setting. I also thought this episode had plenty of tension. The only surprise for me was that I was sure Rick would execute Carol for the two murders I was surprised that he just exiled her. Either way I knew from the opening scene she wasn't coming back.Since Carol and Andrea were always my least favorite characters not sorry at all to see Carol gone.

The one downside this season is the "actor" who plays Tyrese. Couldn't they have found someone better? It's painful to watch him "act".
post #4859 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachosgrande View Post

Does anyone think that Rick could be killed off this show? He seems to be the hero/antihero that the show is based on.


NO!


DJoel
post #4860 of 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgefamus View Post

Actually it came up in the LOST thread when Hurley started up that VW bus. When I read dcowboy7's post I thought: Oh no - here we go again.

Can't believe people accept the dead walking around (or a mysterious island) and question the viability of gas they find. rolleyes.gif (BTW, I use Sta-Bil in my tanks. biggrin.gif)

Yea but they still need to keep elements of realism too.

Otherwise why couldnt they just blink their eyes & have food magically appear in front of them since its a show about dead people walking right ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "The Walking Dead" on AMC HD