or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Drinking Made Easy with Zane Lamprey' on HDNet
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Drinking Made Easy with Zane Lamprey' on HDNet - Page 2

post #31 of 89
Okay, the next episode includes the "shake weight girl", so yeah, I'm all in.
post #32 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich3fan View Post

Okay, the next episode includes the "shake weight girl", so yeah, I'm all in.

Oh yeah...
post #33 of 89
The boys' trip to Santa Barbara was different, in that they visited a couple of interesting wineries and, as usual, Steve is 2nd best in the "6-pack Challenge."

The beer laced with PEPPERS segment brought back too many unpleasant memories.
Although I haven't tasted the beer from the specific breweries shown, I have tasted beer with peppers infused.
All I can say is: to each his own....
post #34 of 89
I've never heard of beer infused with peppers, but I'll guarantee you Steve is deeply regreting eating that Habanero pepper. While I'll agree Ghost Chiles are as hot as they get, the Habaneros I get down here in Texas will easily burn holes in your tongue.

The beer segment was interesting, but unfortunately I'm no fan of wine. And weight shake girl didn't have that certain... jiggle I was hoping for either, but a hottie nonetheless.
post #35 of 89
I'm trying to get caught up here. My DVR overfloweth. I just watched the Missoula episode last night. Lol. Zane made McKenna drink 3 of those tapeworm shots.
post #36 of 89
Last nights episode took place in Santa Barbara's wine country, with visits to the local vineyards. Steve and Zane got to stomp their own grapes, and then drank the juice... GROSS!

The scene with weight shake girl was actually a cut-n-paste from a previous ep, it looked like to me. At the bar where they were drinking the pepper beer, they may have mentioned where that or similar brews are available, but I didn't catch it.
post #37 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich3fan View Post

The beer segment was interesting, but unfortunately I'm no fan of wine. And weight shake girl didn't have that certain... jiggle I was hoping for either, but a hottie nonetheless.

I thought the "jiggle" was just fine.
BTW, she is the show's producer and Zane's new wife (lucky ba$tard).
post #38 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I thought the "jiggle" was just fine.

Not enough travel...or excursion. Obviously not Long Throw speakers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

BTW, she is the show's producer and Zane's new wife (lucky ba$tard).

Ooooohh... is that her? It was hard to tell from that picture on the previous page in this thread. Yes, he's a lucky guy.
post #39 of 89
This week's episode was from Aspen.

Very funny, with 3 blonde hotties.
One was, of course, Mel.
One or both of the other two are her sister(s).
I know Mel has an identical twin sister, but this episode made me suspect triplets.
Neither the wife or I could tell them apart....

Next up is a one hour special involving some of Frank Sinatra's watering holes.
www.drinkingmadeeasy.com
post #40 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

This week's episode was from Aspen.

Very funny, with 3 blonde hotties.
One was, of course, Mel.
One or both of the other two are her sister(s).
I know Mel has an identical twin sister, but this episode made me suspect triplets.
Neither the wife or I could tell them apart....

Next up is a one hour special involving some of Frank Sinatra's watering holes.
www.drinkingmadeeasy.com

I missed that one. The one I saw was somewhere in Tennessee. They were showing how Tennessee whiskey was made. I know it wasn't a new ep, but an interesting and fun one anyway. I'll keep an eye on HDNET for the Aspen ep. Blonde hotties eh?
post #41 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich3fan View Post

Blonde hotties eh?

Boy are THEY!
post #42 of 89
Tonite's show was a one hour Special celebrating the show's 50th episode.

Funny stuff, especially the Beer Pong tournament and the Shot Roulette.

It's hard to believe this show has lasted...
post #43 of 89
I had been wondering what Kennedy actually looked like, now I know. Last night's episode was the first tiem I'd seen him without the sunglasses and all.

It was a good hour (season finale?) but I don't think I'll be mixing up any of those veggie based drinks anytime soon. Somma that s*** looked nasty!
post #44 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich3fan View Post

I had been wondering what Kennedy actually looked like, now I know. Last night's episode was the first tiem I'd seen him without the sunglasses and all.

He has shaved the beard off before, usually they make a scene of it.


Quote:
It was a good hour (season finale?) but I don't think I'll be mixing up any of those veggie based drinks anytime soon. Somma that s*** looked nasty!

Me neither, but it was interesting to see.
post #45 of 89
It's been too quiet around here. We need to shake things up.


post #46 of 89
Her bra's too tight.
post #47 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

It's been too quiet around here. We need to shake things up.



OK, that's wrong.........and awesome.
post #48 of 89
For you jet-setting types (Oink comes to mind) what better way to get our minds off the hot summer heat, than with a cold beer(s)? Zane ranks the 25 best cities in the world for their malted delicacies.


Zane Lamprey’s 25 Best Beer Cities in the World
Quote:
Two perks of hosting television shows about traveling and drinking are that you get to, well… travel and drink! With “Three Sheets” (on MOJO, FLN, Travel Channel and Spike), “Drinking Made Easy” (on HDNet, now AXS.TV), and “Have Fork, Will Travel” (on Food Network), I have traveled to over 60 countries, to shoot over 120 episodes of television. Regardless of the show’s subject matter, be it food or drink, I have enjoyed local beers in all of those countries. The most popular questions that I’m asked about my experiences are: “What’s your favorite city to drink in?” and “What’s your favorite beer?” So, at the risk of alienating every reader, as no one is bound to agree with all of my choices, I decided to rank the 25 best beer cities of the world!


25. Tokyo, Japan

24. Mexico City, Mexico

23. Moscow, Russia

22. Grand Rapids, Michigan

21. Vilnius, Lithuania

20. Chicago, Illinois

19. Edinburgh, Scotland

18. Melbourne, Australia

17. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

16. Amsterdam, Netherlands

15. Montreal, Canada

14. Seattle, Washington

13. Saigon a.k.a Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

12. Milwaukee, Wisconsin

11. Seoul, South Korea

10. London, England

9. Boston, Massachusetts

8. Denver, Colorado

7. San Diego, California

6. Asheville, North Carolina

5. Prague, Czech Republic

4. Portland, Oregon

3. Dublin, Ireland

2. Brussels, Belgium

1. Munich, Germany




Full story here.
post #49 of 89
Wow. No Texas city in the top 25. Just one more reason to move to Portland. cool.gif
post #50 of 89
That's because it rains 362 days a year in Portland. What else you gonna do but drink?
post #51 of 89
As much as I love Zane's show, he is completely wrong.
The TOP city in the U.S. (per capita) for breweries is Bend, Oregon:
http://www.visitbend.com/Bend_Oregon_Activities_Recreation/Bend-Ale-Trail/

So, there.....tongue.gif
post #52 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Zane Lamprey’s 25 Best Beer Cities in the World
20. Chicago, Illinois
12. Milwaukee, Wisconsin
10. London, England
5. Prague, Czech Republic
3. Dublin, Ireland

Cool. I live between Chicago and Milwaukee. I was in Prague last Sept. (best beer I've ever tasted), with a stop over in London. I'm going to Dublin this Oct.

My life is full of "win"! biggrin.gif

BTW, thanks for the link.
post #53 of 89
I just spent two weeks in Munich. I think at this point I have to agree with Zane and his #1 rating. Prost!!! biggrin.gif
post #54 of 89
You guys are making me thirsty....

Oh cool, just noticed it's now officially the afternoon (climbs out of bed and heads to the frig).
post #55 of 89
I'll betchya Texas would kick ass in the Margarita bar competition. Everybody in TX knows how to make 'em too! cool.gif
post #56 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post


OK, that's wrong.........and awesome.

Do you want to know what the best beer in the world is?


















Free & cold!!biggrin.gif
post #57 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

For you jet-setting types (Oink comes to mind) what better way to get our minds off the hot summer heat, than with a cold beer(s)? Zane ranks the 25 best cities in the world for their malted delicacies.
Zane Lamprey’s 25 Best Beer Cities in the World
25. Tokyo, Japan
24. Mexico City, Mexico
23. Moscow, Russia
22. Grand Rapids, Michigan
21. Vilnius, Lithuania
20. Chicago, Illinois
19. Edinburgh, Scotland
18. Melbourne, Australia
17. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
16. Amsterdam, Netherlands
15. Montreal, Canada
14. Seattle, Washington
13. Saigon a.k.a Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
12. Milwaukee, Wisconsin
11. Seoul, South Korea
10. London, England
9. Boston, Massachusetts
8. Denver, Colorado
7. San Diego, California
6. Asheville, North Carolina
5. Prague, Czech Republic
4. Portland, Oregon
3. Dublin, Ireland
2. Brussels, Belgium
1. Munich, Germany

Full story here.


The best beer in the world is free & cold!!biggrin.gif
post #58 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich3fan View Post

I'll betchya Texas would kick ass in the Margarita bar competition. Everybody in TX knows how to make 'em too! cool.gif
Mmmmmm....margaritas......on the rocks....


The following recipe is the result of 3 years of research and half of my liver functionality:
2 part 1800 Silver Reserva Tequila (or a high quality Gold Tequila)
2 part Triple Sec
1 part Grand Marnier
2 part fresh squeezed lime juice (yup, ya gotta squeeeeeeze it yourself)
3 part bottled water

Throw into blender for 2 seconds, pour over ice, no salt.
Mmmmm......tongue.gif


Oh, and tips ARE accepted....biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimo View Post

Do you want to know what the best beer in the world is?
Free & cold!!biggrin.gif
Well, yeah...there's that too.wink.gif
post #59 of 89
Okay. Next time I'm feeling rich, I'll follow oink's reciepe but I think I'll use silver Patron instead of 1800. And I generally use Jose Cuervo Margarita mix (yes, you may shoot me) instead of Grand Marnier because GM quite expensive here.

Next time I see you I'll give you a tip oink. wink.gif
post #60 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich3fan View Post

Okay. Next time I'm feeling rich, I'll follow oink's reciepe but I think I'll use silver Patron instead of 1800. )
Patron isn't cheap, but it may be the best under 100 bucks right now.

Besides....they support my favorite racing team:
http://www.alms.com/teams/extreme-speed-motorsports

Quote:
And I generally use Jose Cuervo Margarita mix (yes, you may shoot me).
NOOOOOooooooooo.......tongue.gif
That stuff has too much sugar (we diabetics have to be careful about that).

IMO, margaritas are best when unsweetened.
And another reason to use silver tequila...the gold color is the result of adding carmel or caramel flavoring.

Quote:
GM quite expensive here
You can find GM generics at half the cost.wink.gif
Edited by oink - 8/6/12 at 9:32am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Drinking Made Easy with Zane Lamprey' on HDNet