or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic GT20/25 Owner's Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic GT20/25 Owner's Thread!

post #1 of 2485
Thread Starter 



Panasonics new, more affordable 3D series HDTVs, The 50-inch TC-P50GT25 carries an MSRP of $2,099.95, while the 42-inch TC-P42GT25 lists for $1,699.95.

I will be snagging one in November. Till then any owner's who pick this up please report here!
post #2 of 2485
I almost freaked out when i saw this in the box at sears tonight, had not herd about it
post #3 of 2485
Difference between VT and GT:

(1) One less HDMI plug
(2) Low frequency speaker removed (still has L+R speaker)
(3) Lower price and no model larger than 50"

Same glass? or video processing?

Good information in this thread http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1270925
post #4 of 2485
Thread Starter 
The lowest price I could find right now for the 50 inch GT25 is $2,025.00

You can get a 50 inch VT25 1,849.00 right now. WTH? I am guessing the GT25 is priced so high because it just came out? When can we expect the best deals on them? Black Friday I suppose?
post #5 of 2485
I hadn't been keeping up with the latest plasma news so when I saw this in Frys today I was a little shocked. My gut feeling says their innards are the same as the G25 line rather than the VT25 line, but I'm not entirely sure.
post #6 of 2485
After hours and hours of reading and comparing sets, im down to the vt25 50 or the gt25 42. Money isn't the issue, I'd prefer the 42 because of its size and the 2d 3d conversion not offered on the v25. At the same time, it sounds like there are some major sacrifices between the two. Any advice is apreciated.
post #7 of 2485
Unless you're sitting 5" from your TV, I just can't see a 42" plasma having any real substantial 3D effect. You really do need a big TV for that effect to really shine and I'm not even sure a 50" would be enough. I would demo the 42" if possible with the 3D glasses from your normal seating distance and see if the effect is even any good. If the innards are really of the G25 descent, then it may not have the improved phosphors of the VT line and therefore may have more crosstalk than the VT with regards to 3D. And who knows how the 2D to 3D conversion is going to be. Until more reviews are up or more people have them in their home, it's a bit of a crapshoot. Just make sure if you're going to be an early adopter that the place you buy it from has a good return policy.
post #8 of 2485
I live in a one bed room apartment so I wont be sitting more that five or six away. Im really looking for what's going to look best with my 3d ps3 games.
post #9 of 2485
Thread Starter 
I also wanted to add for those who did not know, this series of tvs add 2d to 3d conversion, which the VT series still lacks.
post #10 of 2485
You can do better on the GT25 at Sears, but this is still way too much considering I can pick up a VT20 (with glasses) at BB for the same price. What is going on here? Why would anyone buy the GT25 at these prices? I thought that it was going to split the price/performance gap between the G25 and VT25.

I am getting really tired of the 3D price gouging when all I want is a good 2D set. I think I'll buy a G25 this weekend and see how it is with my cable TV.

DelJ





Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHoosierdaddy View Post

The lowest price I could find right now for the 50 inch GT25 is $2,025.00

You can get a 50 inch VT25 1,849.00 right now. WTH? I am guessing the GT25 is priced so high because it just came out? When can we expect the best deals on them? Black Friday I suppose?
post #11 of 2485
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelJ View Post

You can do better on the GT25 at Sears, but this is still way too much considering I can pick up a VT20 (with glasses) at BB for the same price. What is going on here? Why would anyone buy the GT25 at these prices? I thought that it was going to split the price/performance gap between the G25 and VT25.

I am getting really tired of the 3D price gouging when all I want is a good 2D set. I think I'll buy a G25 this weekend and see how it is with my cable TV.

DelJ

Its just because they came out last week or so, by November expect them to drop greatly below the VT line. The big question on my mind is how will the 2d to 3d conversion compare to Samsung's sets? I will be buying this for gaming, and hope it is better than Samsungs!
post #12 of 2485
I saw 46 GT24 at local Costco, it showed 3D and with the same glass as VT25.
post #13 of 2485
Thread Starter 
Yeah, if you buy at Costco you get a pair of glasses with it.

http://www.dealerscope.com/article/p...s-hit-retail/1
post #14 of 2485
Thread Starter 
We have our first semi-review in our hands!

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/tvs/panaso...view-50000632/

Seems very positive! We have to wait for them to test the 2d to 3d feature though.
post #15 of 2485
Wish some reviews would pop up...I can't decide whether losing the conversion matters, it seems that the vt25 is better.
post #16 of 2485
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrizzy View Post

Wish some reviews would pop up...I can't decide whether losing the conversion matters, it seems that the vt25 is better.

Well of course its better. It hundreds more
post #17 of 2485
Thread Starter 
post #18 of 2485
Just ordered this TV up here in Canada. VT25's are still commanding high dollar, so this snugs in between the G25 and VT25 as it should.
post #19 of 2485
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHoosierdaddy View Post

We have our first semi-review in our hands!

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/tvs/panaso...view-50000632/

Seems very positive! We have to wait for them to test the 2d to 3d feature though.

From that preview, this caught my eye:

Quote:


...It's worth noting that the TX-P42GT20 lacks the phenomenal black levels and contrast of the VT20 models, most likely because it uses different contrast filtering.
post #20 of 2485
Panasonic considers this mass market pricing? The 50" is only $500 less than a VT25. Neither TV will be an option for the budget shopper.

Samsung has the right idea with their two, new 3D plasmas. Very friendly prices.
post #21 of 2485
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckeda View Post

From that preview, this caught my eye:

This is a G25 that can display 3D. It has nothing else in common with a VT25.
post #22 of 2485
I guess i'm going with the vt25 50 inch. I don't post much here so I hope this isn't rude...but I am able to get for 2 thousand from some dealer my boss knows...which seems like a great deal.

I reaaly wish I knew how valuable it is for gaming to have the 2d 3d conversion.
post #23 of 2485
Thread Starter 
post #24 of 2485
Still can't decide between the p42gt25 and vt25 50". That review is making me lean back towards the gt.
post #25 of 2485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrizzy View Post

That review is making me lean back towards the gt.

That review is making me lean back towards next year and see what Panasonic has for 2011 models.
post #26 of 2485
When will those be out?
post #27 of 2485
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrizzy View Post

When will those be out?

They are already out
post #28 of 2485
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHoosierdaddy View Post

They are already out

That's the idea..... where have you seen one on display? Best Buy/Magnolia do not list this model on their site, and B&H has a listing... Perhaps people think the G series is the GT series?
post #29 of 2485
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb32 View Post

That's the idea..... where have you seen one on display? Best Buy/Magnolia do not list this model on their site, and B&H has a listing... Perhaps people think the G series is the GT series?


I haven't seen it in any store yet, maybe it will be a few weeks before they show up everywhere
post #30 of 2485
So to speak... Costco has them in my area... Price is the same as retail for the 42", only you get the 46" and one pair of glasses for that price. Overall, looks like a very nice set. But for twice the price of a g25. I'm not too sure that I can justify this for 3d...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic GT20/25 Owner's Thread!