this is the instructions from Panasonic for break in (I think someone asked for it) my TC-P42GT25 is coming in at the end of this week or nexthttp://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...tGroupId=24973
4. What is the "break-in" period and what should I do during the break-in period to minimize any risk of image retention?
When your plasma TV is initially installed, the first 100 hours of use is known as the "break-in period." During this time, to minimize any risk of image retention, you should:
1. Make sure the plasma TV is in a viewing mode (aspect ratio) that completely fills the screen. The panel is shipped in this condition, in what is called the "Just" mode.
2. Turn down the Picture setting (in the Picture menu) to +0.
3. Briefly engage the 4:3 mode and confirm the side bars are set to "Mid", or "Bright". This can be adjusted in the Set Up menu.
4. Always return the display mode that fills the screen (such as Just, Zoom, Full, or H-FILL).
5. Try not to view channels with stationary backgrounds or logos for extended periods of time.
6 .Avoid extended display of static images (video games, computer images, DVD title screens, etc.).