or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › JVC 2011 models & MSRP: RS40 50 60 & HD250.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC 2011 models & MSRP: RS40 50 60 & HD250.  

post #1 of 8828
Thread Starter 
According to this new discussion on AVforums, there will be three new models announced next week...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/proje...er-2010-a.html

Apparently, they have made some significant improvements to CR and light output AGAIN too!

I am STOKED!
post #2 of 8828
Thread Starter 
Ahhh, so I dived into the CEDIA 2010 rumours thread and found a pretty healthy discussion going on about this.

Perhaps this thread could serve to deliver up all the juicy details as they become public in the next few days.

I am VERY excited about these new PJs...
post #3 of 8828
Here's the problem - it'll be the next generation of projectors before we get the features we want. The Sony has 2D to 3D conversion, but apparently isn't bright enough and I'll bet the JVC is bright enough, but won't have 2D to 3D conversion. Oh. by the way - where's the content?
post #4 of 8828
on that note, i think 3d is a long, long ways away. just think of broadcast tv, the new apple tv, etc. its pulling teeth for huge companies to even offer 1080p, let alone 3d. now 2d-3d conversion is a technology that they should look into more. imagine just popping in a bluray and its now 3d!
post #5 of 8828
Its here. Panels and projectors are here and content is increasing. When and if you adopt it is your choice because everything shows 2D. Let`s not argue about whether you should or not here .Let`s keep this thread to rumors about the JVC stuff to be shown at Cedia. Just like cheap add on boxes exist for projectors that don`t have ful CMS systems don`t you think there will shortly be inexpensive add on 2D to 3D conversion boxes?
post #6 of 8828
WTF cares what you think about 3D????? NO ONE! The same people hijack every thread to reiterate their opinion on 3D! This is a new JVC PJ thread, not "what do you think about 3D, again" thread!

The same people said that 3D will hurt 2D performance and innovation. Meanwhile the new JVC 3D projectors (higher contrast, higher brightness, faster panels, roughly the same price too) is just one example of them once again being WRONG.
Rant over.

As far as 2D-3D conversion, that's not a feature that "we" (meaning everyone) want. I've never seen a conversion that looked good enough, and that's done by millions of dollars rendering farms and hours of calculations and software. I seriously doubt a VP inside a consumer grade PJ will do better, and on the fly no less!
post #7 of 8828
2D-3D conversion is for the people who like to wear the glasses.
post #8 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 View Post

The same people said that 3D will hurt 2D performance and innovation. Meanwhile the new JVC 3D projectors (higher contrast, higher brightness, faster panels, roughly the same price too) is just one example of them once again being WRONG.
Rant over.

We generally assumed an effort would be made to make 3D performance good, rather than just sticking 3D sticker on a 2D machine and accepting the results. Looking back and knowing the industry I admit that was a rather silly/naive assumption.
post #9 of 8828
Can anyone tell me the dimentions of the DILA-X9 is?.......surely NDA's won't cover dimentions?
post #10 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highjinx View Post

Can anyone tell me the dimentions of the DILA-X9 is?.......surely NDA's won't cover dimentions?

I would love to know the dimensions of the low end model, but I think we are going to just have to wait a few more days most likely
post #11 of 8828
Thread Starter 
Man I'm just sitting here tapping my toes like crazy, wanting more details.

To be honest, I'm not so hung up on the 2D to 3D conversion thing - would rather watch native 3D content on this projector, and leave the 2D/3D conversion to the television. But it would be nice if the FI works with BD sources properly of course!

I am absolutely thrilled that it is said that these will be much brighter projectors, we're talking 30% brighter, according to these reports. That will certainly mean a better 3D experience.

My BIG question is what system will it use. I'm guessing the same LCD glasses. So WILL it be compatible with the glasses I will be buying for the Panasonic 3D plasma? Will I be able to have a set for both, or separate units for each?

On movie night, it's not unusual to have 8 or 9 people over, so it would be nice if I could have ONE set of glasses.
post #12 of 8828
Thread Starter 
In another thread, it has been mentioned that the native display rate of the panels has been increased for these new JVC projectors. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post19209285

If true, that would almost certainly mean a jump from 120 hz to 240 hz. This is a REALLY big deal for me, meaning improved motion display for 2D content as well.

I am really curious about how they will be filling in those extra frames when in 3D mode - most likely it will be multiple flashes of the original frames, but I'm really curious.
post #13 of 8828
I doubt many of the persons who have seen the prototype or prototypes had the opportunity or thought to say let me measure the dimensions. I can`t imagine a problem with disclosing them today but one would have to have them and I doubt anyone has them except JVC. Rest assured its bigger than a cell phone and smaller than a Titan.
post #14 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

I doubt many of the persons who have seen the prototype or prototypes had the opportunity or thought to say let me measure the dimensions. I can`t imagine a problem with disclosing them today but one would have to have them and I doubt anyone has them except JVC. Rest assured its bigger than a cell phone and smaller than a Titan.

Well if its not a problem disclosing that info today if it was known, can it atleast be known if the shape is similar to the latest JVCs such as the 10,20,25,35, etc.....or if it is more of a square shape like the RS1/RS2? We dont need a tape to get the answer to this
post #15 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Well if its not a problem disclosing that info today if it was known, can it atleast be known if the shape is similar to the latest JVCs such as the 10,20,25,35, etc.....or if it is more of a square shape like the RS1/RS2? We dont need a tape to get the answer to this

all three new X typs have square shape

three projectors also available with different model name RS....... sorry i forgot the numbers
post #16 of 8828
Toe. I just don`t remember. but if it is square or rectangular in shape it could spawn other manufacturers to buy them from JVC (which several already do such as Anthem and rebrand them as their own) but to value add beyond an extended warrantee and an extra bulb by putting them into a sexy curved case.
post #17 of 8828
Mark H.:

Will the new JVCs have the new HQV Vida chip, which is IDT's upgrade to the Reon, that was used in the RS25 and the RS35???

Note that the new Epsons will have the Vida.

I'm going to purchase one of the new JVC's this Xmas (no sales tax!). If the JVC's will have the Vida, I won't purchase a Yamaha RX-A3000 (which has the Vida); I'll purchase a Denon 4311 instead.

TIA
post #18 of 8828
Thread Starter 
x3, x5 and x7 are the names, apparently.

I'm guessing they must be slightly larger than the current models, as there is likely to be additional optics to handle the 3D workings. The current units are very svelte, so i don't mind. I don't think they will be as bulky as my old RS1 was.

Suspense is killin me
post #19 of 8828
I doubt anyone who is subjec to an NDA knows what chip it uses. And why would extra optics be needed for a 3D shuttter glass system. higher lamp lumens would mean a larger chassis.
post #20 of 8828
We will publicate on 23th a Video Interview with "Mr Dila" Akira Kobayashi from JVC.
post #21 of 8828
Quote:


Higher lamp lumens would mean a larger chassis.

Unless the light source is external like this:












.......now that would be cool!!
post #22 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2 View Post

I want 2D->3D conversion not because I think I would use it to watch anything, but because I would probably use it to calibrate a 3D mode with a 2D test pattern disc or generator.
--Darin

hmm. As far as brightness and contrast is concerned, would looking at a 2D test pattern while wearing the shutter glasses suffice? I'm guessing the usual suspects will probably come out with new 3D calibration discs anyhoo.
post #23 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 View Post

As far as 2D-3D conversion, that's not a feature that "we" (meaning everyone) want. I've never seen a conversion that looked good enough, and that's done by millions of dollars rendering farms and hours of calculations and software. I seriously doubt a VP inside a consumer grade PJ will do better, and on the fly no less!

WTF cares what you think about 3D?????
post #24 of 8828
The W normally stands for What and now you in a moment of expression want it to be read as Who. WTF as you now intend it just doesn`t sound right. It is equilibrium disturbing. The What is an inhale and the Who is an exhale. Try saying the What T.. F... and Who T.. F.... out loud. Please be more considerate of WTF tradition.
post #25 of 8828
I understand my error but I am merely effectively quoting it from here.
post #26 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

The W normally stands for What and now you in a momemt of expression want it to be read as Who. WTF as you now intend it just doesn`t sound right. It is equilibrium disturbing. The What is an inhale and the Who is an exhale. Try saying the What T.. F... and Who T.. F.... out loud. please be more considerate of WTF tradition.

I thought it was the World Trade Federation. World is an exhail and I'm sure they would like to see 3D catch-on since it would increase revenue world wide.

Of course if it were the World Trade Federation we were talking about then there would already be protesters surrounding this thread and possibly burning something.

OK, only 3 more days until this tread has actual (confirmed) details...
post #27 of 8828
For those of you who will be going to CEDIA:

If you can, please ask about the video processor in the new JVCs. Have they replaced the Reon that was in the RS25 and the RS35, with the new Vida chip???

The only review of the Vida that I've found, was posted on UltimateAVMag. The reviewer was very impressed with the Vida's processing of YouTube videos. We watch a lot of YouTube videos on my 159" HP.

According to the reviewer, the Vida's StreamClean feature will significantly improve the PQ of the videos.

TIA

P.S.
The booth babe, while gorgeous, will be totally clueless about the chip. Try to find a JVC engineer for the chip info. Hopefully, there will be one at the show.
post #28 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

... Please be more considerate of WTF tradition.

One of the funniest things I've ever read. Well done.
post #29 of 8828
I don't care how good 2D to 3D conversion on the fly is, it's might not be nearly as good as 2D films remastered to 3D. I might not like distortion and can't see myself watching on the fly conversions if they aren't proved to be accurate.

I've heard of at least one company that is converting 2D material to 3D. You have to assume in the future that it will get better and better with more companies doing it. Giovanni Ribisi started a company called StereoD which remasters 2D media to 3D.
post #30 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhunter View Post

For those of you who will be going to CEDIA:

If you can, please ask about the video processor in the new JVCs. Have they replaced the Reon that was in the RS25 and the RS35, with the new Vida chip???

The only review of the Vida that I've found, was posted on UltimateAVMag. The reviewer was very impressed with the Vida's processing of YouTube videos. We watch a lot of YouTube videos on my 159" HP.

According to the reviewer, the Vida's StreamClean feature will significantly improve the PQ of the videos.

TIA

P.S.
The booth babe, while gorgeous, will be totally clueless about the chip. Try to find a JVC engineer for the chip info. Hopefully, there will be one at the show.

I will check though I cannot imagine anything will make YouTube look very good on a screen that large...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › JVC 2011 models & MSRP: RS40 50 60 & HD250.