or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › JVC 2011 models & MSRP: RS40 50 60 & HD250.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC 2011 models & MSRP: RS40 50 60 & HD250. - Page 16  

post #451 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by omicronian View Post

For the first one there's MasterCard if you don't have the money yet. For the second one there's nothing you can do

Well that's not the same as not having the money... I was refering to, not having any credit left "or" cash...which is probably the case with many...
post #452 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogone View Post

Well that's not the same as not having the money... I was refering to, not having any credit left "or" cash...which is probably the case with many...

Definitely the first one then
Not having any credit left is bad, whether you want to buy a projector or not ! (ask me how I know)
post #453 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by omicronian View Post

Definitely the first one then

LOL...If I had any brains, I'd use my cash to pay off my credit cards and not upgrade, but you know I won't.... I have to admit, I haven't been in this situation very often...I feel so helpless!... Cash burning a hole in my pocket and no 3D JVC-RS-50 It's torture!...
post #454 of 8828
Okay does anyone know if the panels are faster on these new models? If so then this might be a good time to upgrade from my RS1 finally .
post #455 of 8828
I'm new to exploring the JVC offerings, so forgive me if this has been answered in another thread.

I see that they have motorized zoom / shift / focus, but is there a "memory" function to switch from cinemascope to 16:9?
post #456 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Dave View Post

I'm new to exploring the JVC offerings, so forgive me if this has been answered in another thread.

I see that they have motorized zoom / shift / focus, but is there a "memory" function to switch from cinemascope to 16:9?

No.
post #457 of 8828
Thanks, Toe. Do you know if there is sufficient range in the zoom that allow for a "constant height" style setup to switch from cinemascope to 16:9?
post #458 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Dave View Post

Thanks, Toe. Do you know if there is sufficient range in the zoom that allow for a "constant height" style setup to switch from cinemascope to 16:9?

There is but you have to place the projector at the appropriate throw distance for it to work just as you would the Panasonic.
post #459 of 8828
Perfect - thanks! I was looking hard at the new Epson line, but we'll have to wait and see how they compare. My setup is quite flexible, and I don't mind a bit of manual adjustment before a movie.
post #460 of 8828
I haven`t had time to read the other posters impressions. The three models are MSRPed at 4.5K, 8K, and 12K. The only differences between the $8K and the $12K are 3 year warranty instead of 2, two pairs of glasses and the emitter box included, and hand selected parts in the light engine to get 100,00 to one vs 70,000 to one. no other difference and nothing to result in better convergence in one or the other. The freebe stuff including extra year warranty at retail might be worth about a grand. So I thing the big seller will be the cheap one with RS35 folks buying the 8K one for less than the price they paid for the RS35 which listed for $10K. I was very impressed with the 2D performance of the $8K one. I was not at all impressed by the 3D performance. more later.
post #461 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

Yep sure seems that way. But a few things I read this year about the design improvements seem to set the stage for finally getting that boost to ANSI CR perhaps this year. That alone could make the line very upgrade worthy IMO. Not to mention all the other goodies.

Yes. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing one. I hope that this ANSI contrast increase is confirmed.
post #462 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk View Post

Hey all! Here are some clarifications...

RS60: $11995, comes with 2 pairs of glasses and the emitter....additional glasses are $179 retail each. 100000:1 on off....MUCH improved ANSI contrast....notably better. 1300 real lumens (not exaggerated...showing on a 11' wide screen with no problem.

RS50: $7995, glasses sold separately as well as the emitter ($79), 70000:1 contrast, 1300 lumens....basically the RS60 is a handpicked version of the RS50 with a 3 year warranty and slightly better contrast.

RS40: $4995, glasses sold separately as well as emitter, 50000:1 contrast, 1300 lumens....no CMS.

All above are 3d.

The HD250 is an entry level 2d unit for $2995...competing with the LCD models (and winning at that). This is the same case design as the RS10/20/15/25/35 with side inputs and a slightly offset lens. The new 3d models have a centered lens and rear inputs, more similar to the RS1/2 (though not the same case).

I will have AVS pricing tomorrow so drop me an email if interested.

Jason, about the "MUCH improved ANSI contrast....notably better" that you wrote, is that just for the top-of-the-line RS60? Does it extend to the RS50 at all? Not at all? Somewhat? Maybe a better than usual RS50 will beat it if its parts and convergence just happen to be better than the hand-picked parts of a less-than-stellar RS60? Don't know yet? There's a big difference in MSRP between the RS50 and the RS60, I believe twice the difference as there is between the RS25 and the RS35, and most forum members will be probably be reluctant to spend the extra money on an RS60 if they read here how it might be no better than the next guy's RS50 (this issue was discussed pretty heavily a year ago with the RS25 and RS35). I don't need the two 3D glasses and emitter and third year of warranty that Mark Haflich says are the only other extras the RS60 brings apart from the hand-picked parts feature.
post #463 of 8828
I don't think I care much for 3D movies, but I think 3D shooters or MMO games might be fun. What I'm reading about problems with left/right panning or fast left/right motion makes me worry about how good they will be, however. One tends to turn one's head often in those games and it would be horrible if this caused constant flickering. Have there been any demos of 3D games with these projectors?
post #464 of 8828
Do the new projectors include vertical stretch for 2.35 lens'?
post #465 of 8828
anyone know if the entry level unit will work with anamorphic lenses?

upgrading from a planar 7150

hoping it will be a few steps up. am i right?
post #466 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by adammb View Post

Do the new projectors include vertical stretch for 2.35 lens'?

Yes. The previous models did too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosng View Post

anyone know if the entry level unit will work with anamorphic lenses?

Yes. They all do.
post #467 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryB_UK View Post

Yes. The previous models did too.



Yes. They all do.

Gary, should we expect ANSI contrast increases like Jason says?
post #468 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy View Post

Gary, should we expect ANSI contrast increases like Jason says?

And does the RS40 get them?
post #469 of 8828
Any word from Jason about AVS pricing yet? Also does anyone have a hard shipping date other than late November?
post #470 of 8828
Is there any info available about the input lag in 3D mode for these projectors ?
Considering 3D games will be a major source of 3D content, the input lag will be a very important factor.

Edit: Found some info about past JVC projectors, it's abysmal, unusable for games. I really hope they improved it.
post #471 of 8828
Interesting new models - but I think I'll hang onto my RS20 for one more year. It's been a flawless performer as it approaches the 1300 hour (DVD/BD viewing only) mark.
post #472 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ballentine View Post

Interesting new models - but I think I'll hang onto my RS20 for one more year. It's been a flawless performer as it approaches the 1300 hour (DVD/BD viewing only) mark.

A few posters with RS20s have expressed this same sentiment. From what I'm seeing being reported so far is that the new models and the current LEDs have not improved the overall PQ beyond the RS20 to justify the upgrade. This obviously excludes interest in upgrading primarily for 3D.

Now that is a loaded viewpoint, so if there are RS20 owners who have upgraded to one of the newer LEDs, under 20k, or have been strongly convinced one of the newer pj's will be a significant and worthwhile upgrade from your RS20 let us know. Even more so if you have the RS25/35.
post #473 of 8828
ME

Last year I upgrade from RS20 To HD990 and I have never regretted, tought to go back or found the improvements and results too pour ..
I LOVE my HD990 !! Once you "live" it and your eyes/mind percevied the improvements, you can't go back or renunce at them !!

Even though, looking at the new machines, can't resist to try and own a 100000:1 + 3D Ready machine !

Looking at all the new features, I really think that JVC has done a really great job this year, so
Just ordered a RS60/X9 machine !

Time to say goodbye to my HD990

Darin ...
Me too was surpriced to didn't find the on-fly 2D-3D conversion .....
Rumors told me it will be present, but at this point they were wrong or JVC rethink at that ... I don't know ....

Anyway .... for few bucks ( $29k ) we can add it's processor
http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/t...&feature_id=02
post #474 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlanzy View Post

A few posters with RS20s have expressed this same sentiment. From what I'm seeing being reported so far is that the new models and the current LEDs have not improved the overall PQ beyond the RS20 to justify the upgrade. This obviously excludes interest in upgrading primarily for 3D.

Now that is a loaded viewpoint, so if there are RS20 owners who have upgraded to one of the newer LEDs, under 20k, or have been strongly convinced one of the newer pj's will be a significant and worthwhile upgrade from your RS20 let us know. Even more so if you have the RS25/35.

I think that this generation is looking promising. I am the kind of guy who likes 2D done as well as it can. The RS20 is certainly most of the way there. But, the RS35 made some panel improvements and these new models give us a new panel driver that is said to eliminate solarization, which was one artifact that people complain about even if it is kind of rare. Plus, there is talk of improved ANSI contrast (hope it is confirmed). Black frame insertion should also make film more film-like.

So, for us 2D lovers there is plenty to like over the RS20. I agree that much of the new stuff is gimicky.
post #475 of 8828
The new entry level projector looked very promising. I had an opportunity to look at this and other models at CEDIA. The overall picture quality was the best in its class... far superior than new the Epsons'. JVC had a nice setup of DLA-HD250 with Paramorph fixed anamorphic lens with 2.35:1 on a SI screen with overall retail approximately $10K according to the rep.

I understand that JVC does not offer the Panny's like feature or the one that coming in Epson (it was great to review that feature on Epson.. I took the video of it using my iPhone and can post it later). It was like a breeze...

The real question for all DIYers is that can we do a 2.35:1 on the entry level JVC without the anamorphic lens for mostly Blu-ray movies viewing? What are the other trade-offs? Did enough Google but got many confusing answers... any specific inputs will be appreciated.... Thanks.
post #476 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekajnabi View Post

The new entry level projector looked very promising. I had an opportunity to look at this and other models at CEDIA. The overall picture quality was the best in its class... far superior than new the Epsons'. JVC had a nice setup of DLA-HD250 with Paramorph fixed anamorphic lens with 2.35:1 on a SI screen with overall retail approximately $10K according to the rep.

I understand that JVC does not offer the Panny's like feature or the one that coming in Epson (it was great to review that feature on Epson.. I took the video of it using my iPhone and can post it later). It was like a breeze...

The real question for all DIYers is that can we do a 2.35:1 on the entry level JVC without the anamorphic lens for mostly Blu-ray movies viewing? What are the other trade-offs? Did enough Google but got many confusing answers... any specific inputs will be appreciated.... Thanks.

If this JVC is similar to all the other JVCs, which it likely is, you would be able to zoom out to fill a 2.35:1 screen. The only caveat is that you have to make sure you have enough leeway in the zoom to give you both 16x9 and 2.35:1, meaning if you have reasons to install the projector with the shortest possible throw distance for 16x9, then you will not have any more zoom left in the JVC's lens to zoom out to the wider image of 2.35:1.

There's a forum specifically for 2.35:1 projection:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...ysprune=&f=117

In that forum, you will find special deals on anamorphic lenses from time to time and a lot of knowledgeable forum members who watch 2.35:1 images. Some use a lens and some use zooming.

Read this sticky thread for everything you ever wanted to know about using an anamorphic lens:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=554901
post #477 of 8828
I just realized I need to stop with all the theater upgrades and enjoy my room. My rs 35 only has 195 hours, the rs 20 before that had about 225 hours and the rs 2 had about 80. Right now Im waiting on my new speakers to arrive.

Can someone who has seen the rs 35 comment on if the new JVC'S are better in 2D Mode?
post #478 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlow View Post

I just realized I need to stop with all the theater upgrades and enjoy my room. My rs 35 only has 195 hours, the rs 20 before that had about 225 hours and the rs 2 had about 80. Right now Im waiting on my new speakers to arrive.

Can someone who has seen the rs 35 comment on if the new JVC'S are better in 2D Mode?



Man, go enjoy what you have for a while!
post #479 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy View Post

I think that this generation is looking promising. I am the kind of guy who likes 2D done as well as it can. The RS20 is certainly most of the way there. But, the RS35 made some panel improvements and these new models give us a new panel driver that is said to eliminate solarization, which was one artifact that people complain about even if it is kind of rare. Plus, there is talk of improved ANSI contrast (hope it is confirmed). Black frame insertion should also make film more film-like.

So, for us 2D lovers there is plenty to like over the RS20. I agree that much of the new stuff is gimicky.

As with you (and several posters above too), I'm willing to replace my RS20 this yr if I can see any 'significant' improvement in 2d performance. Maybe ANSI CR would be the most significant if it really is a factor of 2 higher, as Jason suggested.

I did like the Vango, but if AVS's price on the RS50 is as good percentage-wise as in previous yrs, it will be just over half the price of the Vango, making it hard not to go with the JVC. Hang onto this new one for 2 yrs, and then maybe JVC will finally have laser light sources!

I'll have to talk to Jason. What I might do is buy a RS50 to put sidebyside with my RS20, to see if I can tell the diff. Does anyone remember what AVS's return policy is?
post #480 of 8828
I still haven't seen anything that leads me to think the new JVC models are improved over last years models if you don't care about 3D. It remains to be seen if they actually have any more contrast at D6500. They're certainly not going to be any brighter once calibrated. Contrast will probably fall off when calibrated too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › JVC 2011 models & MSRP: RS40 50 60 & HD250.