or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › JVC 2011 models & MSRP: RS40 50 60 & HD250.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC 2011 models & MSRP: RS40 50 60 & HD250. - Page 237  

post #7081 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemat View Post

Tell us about JVC shipment first

+1

how many of each model please? will they be shipping out today?
post #7082 of 8828
AVAD got the second batch of the projectors! I don't know about the numbers, but I'm the first in line in my region for the RS60
post #7083 of 8828
&@$%&^$^!@(^h*$# avad
post #7084 of 8828
what does this mean for faithful AVS users?
post #7085 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post

AVAD got the second batch of the projectors! I don't know about the numbers, but I'm the first in line in my region for the RS60

My understanding was no RS60s were being built until late January/February next year. Have you heard something different? That could just be for the UK
post #7086 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamus View Post

So you're saying my arguments hold no ground, and his do? You haven't even seen the projectors yet.

All we have to base our opinions right now are the spec sheets. and guess what? they are almost exactly the same on all 3, with the only significant difference being on/off contrast ratio and of course the CMS.
and the CMS isn't that big of a deal if the now included HDTV preset is close to the standard.

on all 3 models we get:
-The same new shorter arc lamp with the same brightness.
-Same panels
-3d support (for anyone that cares)
-the improved FI (for those who care)
-cinema filter
-An accurate HDTV color gamut (jury still on how good this will be on the X3, but that's what many people have been told from JVC)

So, what we're missing with the X3 is:
-CMS
-Pure wire grids (at least i think so, based on what i've read) for extra contrast.
-What JVC calls "advanced lens aperture"


So really, if you got the cash to spend more than twice the price for an X9 vs an X3, good for you.
I'd love having those features myself.

But how can you suggest that my position makes no sense?

It makes perfect economic sense, you get almost the same performance (based on specs) for less than half the price.

Again, not saying that you shouldn't do what ever you want for your money. But to suggest that it makes "no sense" to pick an X3 over an X7 or X9 makes, excuse the redundancy, no sense what so ever, since it delivers the best price / performance ratio.

Once the reviews are in, we'll see if the X3 can hold it's own vs the X7 and X9.
But if JVC delivers what the specs sheets say, it will not only hold it's own vs it's expensive brothers, but the difference in PQ shouldn't be noticeable for most viewing material.

I mean really, the biggest problem with previous JVC entry level projectors was the lack an HDTV gamut.
With that problem gone, the new entry level models are all of a sudden a LOT more attractive than it's predecessors.
and i strongly doubt that anyone will feel that they should have spent more than twice the cash for an X9 if the X3 delivers JVC's claims.

I am thinking that people make decisions based on their priorities and their budgets. So I don't fault anyone that makes a decision to get an RS60. I don't have any customers that purchased a RS35 sorry they went with that decision and this was after some had a RS25. The specs on the projectors at the upper limit may or may not meet the spec. I actually believe everyone that makes a decision on any of the options will be happy. There is no one right projector for everyone. If you indeed think that the RS40 is the only one that makes sense to all which seems to be the message then I can safely say that it does not make sense.
post #7087 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonStatt View Post
My understanding was no RS60s were being built until late January/February next year. Have you heard something different? That could just be for the UK
I was told that A. had 4 of them in the first batch
post #7088 of 8828
did AVS not get any? AGAIN??

did AVS piss somebody off or something??
i thought AVS was one of, if not the biggest seller of these pjs? why nothing yet?
post #7089 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarax View Post
I am thinking that people make decisions based on their priorities and their budgets. So I don't fault anyone that makes a decision to get an RS60. I don't have any customers that purchased a RS35 sorry they went with that decision and this was after some had a RS25. The specs on the projectors at the upper limit may or may not meet the spec. I actually believe everyone that makes a decision on any of the options will be happy. There is no one right projector for everyone.
He's very specific about NOT faulting other's decisions: "Again, not saying that you shouldn't do what ever you want for your money." He's simply faulting those who tell him HIS priorities "make no sense".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarax View Post
If you indeed think that the RS40 is the only one that makes sense to all which seems to be the message then I can safely say that it does not make sense.
Where does he say "makes sense to all"? He never says "all". I think he makes total sense.
post #7090 of 8828
Fellers...one things for sure...It ain't gonna help to hump on Jasons leg...lol.
Even if you do feel like you're getting slapped around like a bunch of red-headed step children...
post #7091 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogone View Post
Fellers...one things for sure...It ain't gonna help to hump on Jasons leg...lol.
Even if you do feel like you're getting slapped around like a bunch of red-headed step children...
Perhaps it's just me but I find it humorous to see Dogone talking about leg humping....
post #7092 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof View Post
Perhaps it's just me but I find it humorous to see Dogone talking about leg humping....
it's better than hearing about the TS 3 Woody that's for sure.

The RS40 is massive, I had no idea it was this big even seeing it in photos. I have a room full of IT guys staring at it in my data center at work. They want to know why in the world it's so massive.

maybe I should pull up some pictures of the Barco's or a Sony G90 CRT to show them what a really big projector looks like.
post #7093 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof View Post
Perhaps it's just me but I find it humorous to see Dogone talking about leg humping....
LoL

funny stuff
post #7094 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k

The RS40 is massive, I had no idea it was this big even seeing it in photos. I have a room full of IT guys staring at it in my data center at work. They want to know why in the world it's so massive.
It is bigger than I would want it to be. Oh well...
post #7095 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
it's better than hearing about the TS 3 Woody that's for sure.

The RS40 is massive, I had no idea it was this big even seeing it in photos. I have a room full of IT guys staring at it in my data center at work. They want to know why in the world it's so massive.

maybe I should pull up some pictures of the Barco's or a Sony G90 CRT to show them what a really big projector looks like.
Don't knock till you . . .

You're going to be installing this in a data center?! I would like to apply for a job there!


post #7096 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post
Don't knock till you . . .

You're going to be installing this in a data center?! I would like to apply for a job there!

yes, I am dismantling my Cinema Contour at home and hanging it on the wall in my datacenter. 4,000 SQ feet, 3 AC systems, all power is line conditioned, and a very comfortable 67 degrees with controlled humidity. Heck I am at work sometimes longer than home, so it's not that crazy.

post #7097 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztech View Post
did AVS not get any? AGAIN??

did AVS piss somebody off or something??
i thought AVS was one of, if not the biggest seller of these pjs? why nothing yet?
I was told that PJs will be shipped from NJ on Monday, so no reason to be sarcastic.
post #7098 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof View Post
Perhaps it's just me but I find it humorous to see Dogone talking about leg humping....
You mean because of my log-on name?...or because you think "I'm" a leg humper?...lol
post #7099 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
I was told that PJs will be shipped from NJ on Monday, so no reason to be sarcastic.
i wasn't being sarcastic. the last sentence was a serious question...
post #7100 of 8828
now that i think about it... there is plenty of reason for sarcasm...
post #7101 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
I was told that PJs will be shipped from NJ on Monday, so no reason to be sarcastic.
Drop-shipped directly? Or shipped to AVS?

I understand the delays are beyond AVS control, but we were promised immediate update and almost whole business day passed and there is no update, expect perhaps for select few who received a phone call.

See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post
There was no info from JVC as of COB Friday. Once again, no matter how many times you guys ask, there is nothing to report until there is something to report and as soon as there is something to report, I or Jason will immediately report it.
post #7102 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogone View Post
You mean because of my log-on name?...or because you think "I'm" a leg humper?...lol
Dogs and leg humping are well, you know.....
post #7103 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemat View Post
I understand the delays are beyond AVS control, but we were promised immediate update and almost whole business day passed and there is no update, expect perhaps for select few who received a phone call.
+1

where is jason anyway? mark has been the only one posting anything.
post #7104 of 8828
I think we'd all like an update but it seems that JVC is not talking. Over at AVforums there is a lot of angst directed towards JVC as the UK dealers aren't getting any info either.

I'm also curious if they're being drop shipped or sent to AVS.
post #7105 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof View Post
Dogs and leg humping are well, you know.....

Of one nature?
post #7106 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogone View Post

Of one nature?

Especially when it comes to cute lovable puppies..
post #7107 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof View Post

Especially when it comes to cute lovable puppies..

If I "was" one, my tail would be wagging...
post #7108 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

yes, I am dismantling my Cinema Contour at home and hanging it on the wall in my datacenter. 4,000 SQ feet, 3 AC systems, all power is line conditioned, and a very comfortable 67 degrees with controlled humidity. Heck I am at work sometimes longer than home, so it's not that crazy.


She sure is purty... To think if I keep it, it'll be hidden in a soffet..."a shame"...
post #7109 of 8828
Guys, cut the crap, for once we're hoping for some solid update in this thread, as opposed to endless banter...

I am trying to be optimistic, but I'll be really surprised if the PJ makes it before X-mas. Kinda last chance for this to happen.
post #7110 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemat View Post

Guys, cut the crap, for once we're hoping for some solid update in this thread, as opposed to endless banter...

I am trying to be optimistic, but I'll be really surprised if the PJ makes it before X-mas. Kinda last chance for this to happen.

Whoa there cowboy!...Let's turn that frown upside down!...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › JVC 2011 models & MSRP: RS40 50 60 & HD250.