My SDI Panasonic CP 72 is a Gary M hot-rod model too. In addition to installing SDI, he also added digital audio coax output, installed a region free mod and did the spindle upgrade.
Ok, fair enough. So I guess I could just get a Video EQ Pro and try it with the VP50 I have now if I need a CMS. I could also do the de-interlacing with the VP50 and let the projector scale, since I am deciding between a Mitsubishi HC7000 or JVC HD 250 projector, they both have Reon chips, which scale well. Does the Reon have noise reduction?
Also, any thoughts on the ability to go SDI > HDMI into the Duo or into a projector?
I think I could always try a Video EQ Pro if I get a JVC projector with over saturated colours. If I just get the Mitsubishi HC7000 I think it can be tamed well enough for my liking without a separate/external CMS, despite it's lack of full CMS and no direct primary/secondary colour controls. All the reviewers said that they were able to get the colours good on the HC7000 using it's calibration controls. The JVC is a big question mark since I don't even know if it's going to be accurate to start with, or be oversaturated.
Ok, so I can try an SDI to HDMI adapter if I can get one cheap, and if necessary, I can use a Video EQ Pro rather than getting a Duo, but, with my using a VP50 and not a Pro, here's another question for you guys:
Apart from HD-SDI...how much better is the Pro over the regular flavour VP50? Are the extra features a big plus?
Which of these features is a worth-while upgrade for you?
1) Mosquito Noise Reduction - Reduces random noise which appears along the edges of compressed images.
2) Fine Detail Enhancement - Extracts fine detail in low resolution or compressed images
3) Edge Enhancement - Sharpens edges without adding ringing
4) Two Programmable 12V Triggers
5) THX Video Certification - The First and Only Processor to earn this Certification
6) ISF ccc Certification
7) Enhanced Anamorphic Lens Support
8) Upgradeable to HD-SDI (with Optional Input Module)
How much would it realistically cost me to upgrade to the Pro from my VP50? Considering selling and buying, not necessarily trading in, as it doesn't look attractive price wise.