Originally Posted by nonseven
No I didn't do that yet. Is there an option for that in the settings menu of the PS3?
From the PS3 FAQ thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=931796
PS3 Support for 3D Games and Blu-ray 3D
The 3D features of the PS3 can only be enabled once the PS3 is connected to a compatible 3DTV that supports the Frame Packing 3D signal format as defined in the HDMI version 1.4a specification. 3D support is only available via the PS3's HDMI output. Although the PS3's internal HDMI hardware is based on the HDMI version 1.3 specification, firmware updates are able to add software to provide emulation of the essential 3D features as required by the HDMI version 1.4a specification. Any device, such as an Audio/Video Receiver or an HDMI switch, that is used between the PS3 and the 3DTV must be able to support HDMI 1.4 in order for the 3D capabilities to be available. You do not necessarily need to replace your existing HDMI cables as most HDMI cables that are certified as HDMI 1.3a (or 1.3b) Category 2 should work. If buying new cables look for ones labeled as HDMI High Speed - they are now available from such sources as monoprice.com.
Blu-ray 3D Support: The tentative release date is September 21, 2010 for the PS3 firmware update from Sony that will enable Blu-ray 3D playback capability. The PS3 will use the HDMI Frame Packing 1080p/24 format for the output of movies from Blu-ray 3D discs.
Games: The PS3 can now be set to output the 3D in a format that works with the new 3DTVs (i.e., Frame Packed 720p/60 3D format as defined by the HDMI 1.4a specification for games). Below are the steps for the PS3 setup.
* Connect the PS3 via HDMI to a 3D capable TV (i.e., one listed as 3D capable and with an HDMI version 1.4 input, or at least the HDMI 1.4 feature subset required for 3D support)
* Use the TV's menus to enable the 3D function (not just 2D-to-3D conversion)
* On the PS3 go to "Settings" then scroll to "Display Settings"
* Select "Video Output Settings"
* Highlight "HDMI" scroll right
* Select "Automatic" scroll right
* Screen will turn black then come back on
* Highlight "YES" (Make sure you highlighted "YES") and Select it
* A dialog comes up stating your TV supports 3D enter your screen size here then scroll right
* You have completed enabling 3D on the PS3