or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › Best 3d Bluray Movie so far????3d effects
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best 3d Bluray Movie so far????3d effects

post #1 of 1877
Thread Starter 
ok so whats the best 3d bluray movie to get so far?? i plan on buying one today. i did a little research but its between cloudy,monsters vs aliens , and monster house unless i hear different from u guys.
post #2 of 1877
I own all three of those and quite honestly I enjoyed Monsters Vs. Aliens the most. It has the best CG of the three, in terms of story it's something both adults and children can enjoy for different reasons and in terms of 3D effects there is good depth and more pop-out "gimmicks" than the others. It exhibits a bit more ghosting than the other two but it still is my favorite 3D presentation so far.

Lots of folks have also raved about Ice Age 3D and Grand Canyon. I don't own either of those and refuse to pay the ridiculous eBay prices so I can't comment.
post #3 of 1877
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post

I own all three of those and quite honestly I enjoyed Monsters Vs. Aliens the most. It has the best CG of the three, in terms of story it's something both adults and children can enjoy for different reasons and in terms of 3D effects there is good depth and more pop-out "gimmicks" than the others. It exhibits a bit more ghosting than the other two but it still is my favorite 3D presentation so far.

Lots of folks have also raved about Ice Age 3D and Grand Canyon. I don't own either of those and refuse to pay the ridiculous eBay prices so I can't comment.

what do u mean by ghosting??
post #4 of 1877
I'd have to say the new Samsung IMAX demo disc. The Galapagos movie is even better than Grand Canyon is.
post #5 of 1877
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane View Post

I'd have to say the new Samsung IMAX demo disc. The Galapagos movie is even better than Grand Canyon is.

how would i go about getting one of those to check it out? im tryin to watch a movie though not a demo
post #6 of 1877
Its not a demo, the disc has 3 IMAX 3D films on it. It's in the Samsung 3D Starter Kit.
post #7 of 1877
There is only two movie to choose from, Cloudy with a chance of meatballs and Monster House. Everything else is an exclusive right now, unless you are buying a starter kit.
Bunch of stuff coming in November.
post #8 of 1877
In the US. IMAX Grand Canyon Adventure and Clash of the Titans are available form Amazon.de
post #9 of 1877
Ok, the only two you can walk into, say Best Buy and buy right now out side of an exclusive.
post #10 of 1877
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG View Post

There is only two movie to choose from, Cloudy with a chance of meatballs and Monster House. Everything else is an exclusive right now, unless you are buying a starter kit.
Bunch of stuff coming in November.

yeah ive noticed that, i got somebody picking up cloudy from best buy and it only had that and monster house.
post #11 of 1877
I like grand canyon the best, the 3d in that one really pulled me into the documentary. Also, the opening credits with the water bubbles were really cool!
post #12 of 1877
I like the Grand Canyon the best but need some new material. i will be selling my copy which I got from Amazon.de if anyone is interested.

$45
post #13 of 1877
90% of these Imax movies are playing on Directv N3d channel for free, or Directv Cinema for $4.99 rental...
post #14 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by niner2107 View Post

I like the Grand Canyon the best but need some new material. i will be selling my copy which I got from Amazon.de if anyone is interested.

$45

It will be less then $20 in two months brand new.
post #15 of 1877
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by niner2107 View Post

I like the Grand Canyon the best but need some new material. i will be selling my copy which I got from Amazon.de if anyone is interested.

$45

when it comes out next month it wil be like $35
post #16 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdom View Post

90% of these Imax movies are playing on Directv N3d channel for free, or Directv Cinema for $4.99 rental...

Yeah but they don't look anywhere close to as good as Blu-ray material.
post #17 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by div3r5ity View Post

when it comes out next month it wil be like $35

$18.99
http://www.amazon.com/IMAX-Grand-Can...5098897&sr=8-6
post #18 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane View Post

Yeah but they don't look anywhere close to as good as Blu-ray material.

ahh true!
post #19 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by joels1010 View Post

I like grand canyon the best, the 3d in that one really pulled me into the documentary. Also, the opening credits with the water bubbles were really cool!

GC has the best few scenes--but gets old fast. My favorite 3D is AIX Records Goldberg Variations Acoustica, my adult sons agree(but then again, they are musicians).
post #20 of 1877
AVM, Grand Canyon, and Deep Sea are my favorites so far.
post #21 of 1877
quick review of the 6 3D movies I have:

Ice Age 3 - good fun and great 3D
Coraline - this is a love it or hate it movie, but I love it. good 3D
Cloudy - fun, good 3D
Monsters vs Aliens - fun, great 3D
Monster House - kind of disturbing overall, but has its moments. great 3D
Clash of the Titans - not particularly fun though it has its moments, awful 3D

not sure if I'll ever watch Clash or Monster House again (once each), but the rest I've seen several times and still consider good investments.
post #22 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by div3r5ity View Post


what do u mean by ghosting??

The technical term is "crosstalk", which is a double image, or ghost, of objects on the screen. It's very distracting and currently is the major way 3D quality is measured. However, it's not necessarily the movie that has the issue, it's the TV. Plasma TVs are the best displays when it comes to watching 3D. The technology is so much faster than LCD/LED that it's naturally resistant to crosstalk. It becomes very noticeable once you see the difference. If 3D is a priority, STAY AWAY from LED TVs. They are much more expensive and are far worse than Plasma for 3D! DLP Mitsubishi TVs are also very good for 3D......very little crosstalk. PQ not quite as good as the best Plasma displays but you'll get the biggest screen for your dollar.
post #23 of 1877
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcandiloro View Post

The technical term is "crosstalk", which is a double image, or ghost, of objects on the screen. It's very distracting and currently is the major way 3D quality is measured. However, it's not necessarily the movie that has the issue, it's the TV. Plasma TVs are the best displays when it comes to watching 3D. The technology is so much faster than LCD/LED that it's naturally resistant to crosstalk. It becomes very noticeable once you see the difference. If 3D is a priority, STAY AWAY from LED TVs. They are much more expensive and are far worse than Plasma for 3D! DLP Mitsubishi TVs are also very good for 3D......very little crosstalk. PQ not quite as good as the best Plasma displays but you'll get the biggest screen for your dollar.

gotcha, yeah i got a 73 mits and watched cloudy last night and it was straight. thanks
post #24 of 1877
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by khee mao View Post

quick review of the 6 3D movies I have:

Ice Age 3 - good fun and great 3D
Coraline - this is a love it or hate it movie, but I love it. good 3D
Cloudy - fun, good 3D
Monsters vs Aliens - fun, great 3D
Monster House - kind of disturbing overall, but has its moments. great 3D
Clash of the Titans - not particularly fun though it has its moments, awful 3D

not sure if I'll ever watch Clash or Monster House again (once each), but the rest I've seen several times and still consider good investments.

cool, thanks. i didnt really like clash in 2d so im not gonna get that . i prob get mva and ice age and goldberg.
post #25 of 1877
Just watched for the first Bob's Big Break on the MVA disc, and it had some really good 3d jump out moments...watch that one.
post #26 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by joels1010 View Post

Just watched for the first Bob's Big Break on the MVA disc, and it had some really good 3d jump out moments...watch that one.

Ha, sweet didnt even know it was there! Thanks!
post #27 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane View Post

Its not a demo, the disc has 3 IMAX 3D films on it. It's in the Samsung 3D Starter Kit.

Should there have been a seperate disk in the Samsung Starter Kit in addition to Monsters vs Aliens? Friend of mine purchased a Samsung 8000 around 4 weeks ago and only got the MvA disk.
post #28 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyxbr View Post

Should there have been a seperate disk in the Samsung Starter Kit in addition to Monsters vs Aliens? Friend of mine purchased a Samsung 8000 around 4 weeks ago and only got the MvA disk.

Thats the old kit, a new just came out.
post #29 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by khee mao View Post

quick review of the 6 3D movies I have:

Ice Age 3 - good fun and great 3D
Coraline - this is a love it or hate it movie, but I love it. good 3D
Cloudy - fun, good 3D
Monsters vs Aliens - fun, great 3D
Monster House - kind of disturbing overall, but has its moments. great 3D
Clash of the Titans - not particularly fun though it has its moments, awful 3D

not sure if I'll ever watch Clash or Monster House again (once each), but the rest I've seen several times and still consider good investments.

Are the Coraline and Ice Age you mention new full 3D discs, or the ones that came out a while ago with their own glasses?

Omar
post #30 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarF View Post

Are the Coraline and Ice Age you mention new full 3D discs, or the ones that came out a while ago with their own glasses?

Omar

They are Panasonic exclusives right now in there 3D starter kit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Content
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › Best 3d Bluray Movie so far????3d effects