or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › Best 3d Bluray Movie so far????3d effects
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best 3d Bluray Movie so far????3d effects - Page 8

post #211 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER View Post

I watched the 2D Avatar version converted to 3D and it was pretty good, I expect the real thing to be mind numbing.

For me, it did get mind numbing after the 2 hour mark. Not knocking the 3D, but too much of a good thing is just... too much. It's like my mind stopped registering it as 3D after an extended period of time.
post #212 of 1877
This far, the 2 I've liked the best are Avatar and HTTYD. I think I prefer HTTYD because it wasn't TOO intense. Just a good, solid 3D experience. 3 hours of Avatar can be a little much!

My favorite individual effect so far was the fish in the pool in HTTYD, when Hiccup is watching Toothless flop around that first time.
post #213 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatorTot View Post

How does the 3D look on bluray compare to comcast tv 3d

If you where watching the same movie

Blu rays are definitely more crisp and clear I thought. I watched monsters vs aliens on comcast hbo 3d on demand and also noticed some audio sync delay. Their mouths weren't moving with the words. Same with clash of the titans. Did you happen to notice this as well?
post #214 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decrypticshadow View Post

Yeahhh, but if it will eventually be at the retail level, why pay over $100? If it was to never be released publicly then I could totally understand it since it would be a limited edition. Even at a "deal" price, the film is still almost 3-4x normal retail value.

I bought my copy of Avatar for $240 when it fist was showing up on E-bay. Do I think I paid too much for it. In retrospect probably. But I have witched it a dozen times and it has provided me with enjoyment.

Cost is simply the burden of being an early adoptor. I know I have spent far less on 3D than I have on say D-Theater movies that people snatched up when the Fox store would list them for 3 weeks then pull them, or my HD-DVD collection. Demand drives supply and eventually supply exceeds demand. When that happens things get affordable. It's easy for companies to control supply and demand early on and at smaller levels with less competition. This is the point we are at. As the demand increases these companies will lose their grasp on markup and exclusivity. But until then, if you wanna play, you gotta pay.

Personally I think 3D is best when viewed in moderation anyway. No way I want everything to be in 3D. In fact I have to laugh at the number of films showing up in theaters now that are 3D. Many of them have no business being in 3D. The only reason they are is because there are larger profit margins to be had by doing so.
post #215 of 1877
Dad will be coming over next weekend, so I need to pick up an action style flick for him to see in 3D. Was thinking Resident Evil, but if you have any other suggestions I'm open. He recently lost his job, and we are both movie guys, so a fun 3D movie/dinner night will be good for him.
post #216 of 1877
Since I've finally caught up on what's available I need to find my next purchase. Out of Ice Age, MVA, and HTTYD which is worth grabbing the most?
post #217 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyrd0m View Post


Big difference with a movie that can be had at any retail store verse a movie that isn't available at a retail level. While I agree $135 is crazy for a single movie Avatar was a great movie and some people find it worth it. I really liked the movie and thought the 3D was excellent and didn't want to wait. I didn't pay over $100 for my copy because I couldn't bring myself to spend that but it's better then those who paid $300+ at the release of it.

Another 12 months and that $135 disc will be in the bargin bin at wally-world ($9.99)
post #218 of 1877
I spent 500 bucks on dinner at Ruth Chris' steakhouse and pooped it out a few hours later. Still worth it.
post #219 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnielsenbb View Post

I spent 500 bucks on dinner at Ruth Chris' steakhouse and pooped it out a few hours later. Still worth it.

OMG I can't stop laughing!
post #220 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnielsenbb
I spent 500 bucks on dinner at Ruth Chris' steakhouse and pooped it out a few hours later. Still worth it.
You could have bought four BD-S570 or one BD-S570 and 15 BD disc to view , if you only would have stayed home for kraft mac & cheese.you would had a wonderful movement also later that eve $2.00 down the crapper.
post #221 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillycat View Post

Another 12 months and that $135 disc will be in the bargin bin at wally-world ($9.99)

If you can get Avatar on 3D Blu-ray for $9.99 at Wal-Mart in late February of 2012, I will buy a copy for everyone who is a member here.
post #222 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantchicken View Post

If you can get Avatar on 3D Blu-ray for $9.99 at Wal-Mart in late February of 2012, I will buy a copy for everyone who is a member here.

i will take that offer from you. hehehe
post #223 of 1877
I bought a BDT110, and just heard there is a coupon for the free Avatar in the box, so thats good news.
post #224 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1 View Post

i will take that offer from you. hehehe

Me three
post #225 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnielsenbb View Post

i spent 500 bucks on dinner at ruth chris' steakhouse and pooped it out a few hours later. Still worth it.

tmi
post #226 of 1877
BTW, I finished Avatar over the weekend and by far, the most crisp 3D my eyes have seen. The depth is unbelieveable!
post #227 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillycat View Post


Another 12 months and that $135 disc will be in the bargin bin at wally-world ($9.99)

I wonder if and when it would be available to rent on Netflix. Is Netflix even renting out 3DBD movies yet?
post #228 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decrypticshadow View Post

I wonder if and when it would be available to rent on Netflix. Is Netflix even renting out 3DBD movies yet?

No. I'm thinking I need to look for some feedback email for Netflix to request they be available. That's about all I'd put in my queue!
post #229 of 1877
"pooped it out a few hours later."

If so I recommend you see a GI doctor.
post #230 of 1877
I bought "The Ultimate Wave: Tahiti 3D" from Amazon for $14.99 and really was impressed by the great photography and quality of this 2010 IMAX production. It's got it all, scenery, surfing, reefs, sharks, babes doing the native dance, ect. Very well done 3D imaging....lots of pop with little or no crosstalk.

This disc is is top of my list for demo quality now. Better than "Grand Canyon". Check this out, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

post #231 of 1877
What 3D Blu-rays has the most "pop out"? Out of all the 10 3D movies I own on BD, the cod in Imax Under The Sea really stands out with a superb in your face "pop out" scene. Only one quick scene though. All my friends loved this scene.

Is there more? I would really like to see this gimmick more used. Hopefully Jackass 3D maybe?
post #232 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongis View Post

What 3D Blu-rays has the most "pop out"? Out of all the 10 3D movies I own on BD, the cod in Imax Under The Sea really stands out with a superb in your face "pop out" scene. Only one quick scene though. All my friends loved this scene.

Is there more? I would really like to see this gimmick more used. Hopefully Jackass 3D maybe?

There is much debate about whether Jackass 3D will ultimately be available on 3D Blu Ray. At first it seemed like it would be and I actually pre-ordered what was advertised as a 3D Blu Ray copy. I ordered it back in January based on the description on Walmart's website at the time. The description on the website has since changed, but it has not changed on my pre-order. I'll just have to wait until next week to see, but I can easily return it to my local Walmart store if in fact it is not a 3D Blu Ray.

One of the best "pop out" scenes that I've seen was in Step Up 3D. There's a scene where a girl wearing red and black gloves is dancing and it literally looked like she was dancing in my living room! That movie is hands down the BEST live action 3D that I've seen...it even tops Avatar IMO.
post #233 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFMike View Post

I bought "The Ultimate Wave: Tahiti 3D" from Amazon for $14.99 and really was impressed by the great photography and quality of this 2010 IMAX production. It's got it all, scenery, surfing, reefs, sharks, babes doing the native dance, ect. Very well done 3D imaging....lots of pop with little or no crosstalk.

This disc is is top of my list for demo quality now. Better than "Grand Canyon". Check this out, I don't think you'll be disappointed.


\\

I agree with you, watched this last night and I was really impressed.
post #234 of 1877
Those looking for off the screen gimmicks need look no further than the 1980's 3-D movies. "Comin at Ya!" and "Treasure of the Four Crowns" contain wall to wall gimmick shots. Everything but the kitchen sink is thrust into the audience space. When these start to show up on disc or 3-D TV, you'll be in heaven.

Most of the others have a lot too; only "Spacehunter" and a couple of others were more restrained.
post #235 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traylorc View Post

\\

I agree with you, watched this last night and I was really impressed.

I might have to check this out. Not really into surfing but $15 is cheapest 3D movie.
post #236 of 1877
1. Avatar seriously buy it 2. Despicable Me 3. Alice in wonderland
post #237 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve P. View Post

Those looking for off the screen gimmicks need look no further than the 1980's 3-D movies.

Jaws 3D had some nice pop out effects, and I acutally ducked a few times during Friday 13th 3D!
post #238 of 1877
Ive got Tahiti on Ookong price watch, will prob buy it next week.
post #239 of 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddster25 View Post


There is much debate about whether Jackass 3D will ultimately be available on 3D Blu Ray. At first it seemed like it would be and I actually pre-ordered what was advertised as a 3D Blu Ray copy. I ordered it back in January based on the description on Walmart's website at the time. The description on the website has since changed, but it has not changed on my pre-order. I'll just have to wait until next week to see, but I can easily return it to my local Walmart store if in fact it is not a 3D Blu Ray.

One of the best "pop out" scenes that I've seen was in Step Up 3D. There's a scene where a girl wearing red and black gloves is dancing and it literally looked like she was dancing in my living room! That movie is hands down the BEST live action 3D that I've seen...it even tops Avatar IMO.

Future Shop in Canada has it listed now with a release date for the summer. I think the price was decent for 3D too (29 bucks I believe)...
post #240 of 1877
I bought Step Up 3D, hope I can get to it next weekend, not gonna happen this weekend.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Content
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › Best 3d Bluray Movie so far????3d effects