or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 2010 Mitsubishi 3D DLP Owners Thread (638 series)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2010 Mitsubishi 3D DLP Owners Thread (638 series) - Page 42

post #1231 of 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post


Where's the new link?

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...Qy&hl=en&pli=1


Im going to call the tech people to come back and fix the geometry
post #1232 of 1375
page 19 has a post by Lucid that has all of his calibrated settings, I think they work well.
post #1233 of 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatorTot View Post

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...Qy&hl=en&pli=1


Im going to call the tech people to come back and fix the geometry


Thanks.
post #1234 of 1375
I thought I'd let other owners of the 60638 know that the Playstation-branded universal 3D glasses that are widely available work like a charm with this TV.

When I bought my TV I also got the Mitsubishi 3D starter pack and have been enjoying 3D for over a year now... but just last week I clumsily dropped a pair of my glasses on the hardwood floor and shattered one of the lenses.

I wanted to get a new pair quicklyI had just gotten Hugo on blu-ray 3D!but I didn't have a lot options locally. I saw that the Playstation glasses, which most Walmarts carry, supported "most" Mitsubishi models, so I thought I'd gamble and see if they work.

So far, I think they blow the ones that came with my starter pack out of the water. I don't have to crank up the brightness anymore to watch 3D, and though ghosting and crosstalk was minimal at most before, now I don't see it at all. Plus, if you've got a PS3 like me, you can plug 'em in via USB to charge.

Highly Recommended, and they're only around $55 on Amazon.
post #1235 of 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmacready View Post

I thought I'd let other owners of the 60638 know that the Playstation-branded universal 3D glasses that are widely available work like a charm with this TV.

When I bought my TV I also got the Mitsubishi 3D starter pack and have been enjoying 3D for over a year now... but just last week I clumsily dropped a pair of my glasses on the hardwood floor and shattered one of the lenses.

I wanted to get a new pair quicklyI had just gotten Hugo on blu-ray 3D!but I didn't have a lot options locally. I saw that the Playstation glasses, which most Walmarts carry, supported "most" Mitsubishi models, so I thought I'd gamble and see if they work.

So far, I think they blow the ones that came with my starter pack out of the water. I don't have to crank up the brightness anymore to watch 3D, and though ghosting and crosstalk was minimal at most before, now I don't see it at all. Plus, if you've got a PS3 like me, you can plug 'em in via USB to charge.

Highly Recommended, and they're only around $55 on Amazon.

Any tint green or other wise?
post #1236 of 1375
Hello. Over the last few months my TV has been flickering. And, it seems to be getting worse. Could it be from the lamp failing? The TV does not do it all of the time.
post #1237 of 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf5012 View Post

Hello. Over the last few months my TV has been flickering. And, it seems to be getting worse. Could it be from the lamp failing? The TV does not do it all of the time.

Like a strobe light very fast?

Or the whole screen flickers ?

I had the strobe effect fast dimming/flickering

They changed the light engine

Call Mitsubishi

They will start with changing the light engine

Try getting them to send u a lamp first

The light engine which includes the color wheel, that seem to have fixed my problem
But last year a new lamp got rid of the strobe
post #1238 of 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post

Any tint green or other wise?

Not that I can tell. BUT

I've been using Lucid's picture settings from this forum. Most of the time I watch all my blu-rays on the Brilliant setting, but with these glasses it seems like 3D content has a slight bit more pop using the Bright setting.

On another note, while shopping for some speaker stand on Monoprice, I came across these super-cheap glasses, that apparently work with the 638 series.

Anybody tried them out?
post #1239 of 1375
They only work with the Mitsubsihi TVs if you have the IR emitter that was included with the Mitsubishi 3D Starter Kit, model 3DG-1000 - the one that sent Samsung IR protocol. These glasses will not work with the new models of Mitsubsihi with then internal IR emitter or with the IR emitter that comes with the new glasses kit model 3DG-EX103. Mitsubishi switched over to the M3Di IR protocol - Panasonic based - to start moving forward and align with the majority of IR glasses in the future.
post #1240 of 1375
PICTURE MODE - Bright

BRIGHTNESS- 50

CONTRAST- 100

COLOR- 50

TINT- 5

SHARPNESS- 24

VID NOISE- Off

COLOR TEMP- High

I like how yellow looks on bright than it does on brilliant
post #1241 of 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibez View Post

PICTURE MODE - Bright

CONTRAST- 100...

I was under the impression that the contrast setting only went up to 63
post #1242 of 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

I was under the impression that the contrast setting only went up to 63

nope goes up to 100. also i forgot to add the brightness level so i edited my post.
post #1243 of 1375
Shibez try these picture settings

Brilliant
Brightness 42
Contrast 83
Color 44
Tint 6
Sharpness 68
Off
High


Ive been using them for a year now,from lucid or luced
post #1244 of 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatorTot View Post

Shibez try these picture settings

Brilliant
Brightness 42
Contrast 83
Color 44
Tint 6
Sharpness 68
Off
High


Ive been using them for a year now,from lucid or luced

i tried them tator..those were similar to the ones i was using for the past year or so. I liked them but i never liked how yellow and orange looked on brilliant. which is a shame considering these tv's have a 6 color processor of which one of the colors is yellow. i think bright looks more natural.
post #1245 of 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibez View Post

... but i never liked how yellow and orange looked on brilliant. which is a shame considering these tv's have a 6 color processor of which one of the colors is yellow. i think bright looks more natural.

Most would agree that the most realistic and accurate color and picture is in the Natural mode, with color temp Low (that's why it's called Natural). While still not perfect until calibrated, these TVs are capable of a very amazing picture if set up correctly. Yellow should be yellow, orange should be orange, etc, etc. If they look wrong, it's because they are set wrong.

Of course, everyone is free to fiddle with the switches and twist the knobs however they want. It's called reference vs preference.
post #1246 of 1375
natural mode is very dull on these tv's in my opinion.
post #1247 of 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibez View Post

natural mode is very dull on these tv's in my opinion.

I expected that response, and you're welcome to your opinion.

Many people are drawn to the oversaturation and brightness at first. In comparison, the proper settings will look dull, just as a room looks dark and dull when one comes in from the bright sunlight.

Even LCDs and plasmas look dull at first when not cranked up in torch mode. Remember, even though the speedometer goes to 120mph, doesn't mean a car is supposed to be driven at 120mph. One may grow tired of neon green grass and red or orange people after awhile. I got tired of football jerseys not matching the team colors that I saw in the stadium.

Try it for a week. Natural, Low, and with contrast turned down some. Give yourself time to adjust. You can always change it back after the week is up.
post #1248 of 1375
i did try natural mode in the past..I didnt think it was terrible but i did have to crank the color way up and the tint too ...red looked more pink to me on natural mode. unless the tint was in the 30's...anyways..here are my natural settings.

PICTURE MODE- NATURAL

BRIGHTNESS- 51

CONTRAST- 94

COLOR- 73

TINT- 14

SHARPNESS- 24

VID NOISE- OFF

COLOR TEMP- LOW

been tweeking settings every night as i watch tv/movies. definitely cant use natural mode for playing ps3 games..just too dim and doesn't have that pop factor. But for movies and tv they look actually pretty good...although I had to turn the contrast up...i had it at 83 and at 83 you lose A Lot of detail in dark scenes. Trying 90 out for now...
post #1249 of 1375
I am pleased with these settings for Natural mode. They look really good.

PICTURE MODE- NATURAL

BRIGHTNESS- 51

CONTRAST- 94

COLOR- 73

TINT- -11

SHARPNESS- 24

VID NOISE- OFF

COLOR TEMP- LOW

I have used these settings with dig cable both in HD and SD with HDMI. and With Bluray movies with HDMI
post #1250 of 1375
Using natural makes the bulb last longer ?
post #1251 of 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatorTot View Post

Using natural makes the bulb last longer ?

Picture modes of Brilliant, Bright, Natual do not affect the lamp. These are differences in these are picture processing, not lamp operation.

However in the "Energy" menu, there is a lamp mode setting of Bright (yes there are two different "brights" in the TV, one for picture mode and one for lamp mode) and Standard.

This selection does affect the lamp life. Bright = 180 watt performancen (brighter output) and Standard = 156 watt performance (less bright output). The lower wattage is less stressful to the lamp and thus can help the lamp last longer.
post #1252 of 1375
I don't see an energy menu on the tv
post #1253 of 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatorTot View Post

I don't see an energy menu on the tv

there isnt one. and no matter which mode you use it doesnt effect the out out life of the lamp on the 638 series.
post #1254 of 1375
How often do u guys clean the tv ,dust and stuff
post #1255 of 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatorTot View Post

How often do u guys clean the tv ,dust and stuff

i usually just clean it when i see dust build up...id like to say once a week but i dont usually see any dust on it that often. I also dont like using anything liquid on it. I like to use those swifter 360 dusters...those are good to dust with. i just wipe with it all down ..usually using 2 of them. when i change the bulb i will probably use my vaccum with hose and the brush attachment to suck all the dust out.
post #1256 of 1375
I got a scare today

Turned the tv on and it stayed on the mitsubishi blue logo

After powering off then back on again it works fine

But this is the first time that has happened


Anybody ever had this problem ?
post #1257 of 1375
Does the 65C10 have HDMI CEC control?

I have the C9 and it works great for me for over a year now. I purchased the 65C10 not long ago and can't seem to find the HDMI CEC feature? I use one HDMI port for Panny 210 and it doesn't detect anything nor can I find it via menu. I realize my older C9 is much better because of the remote and the advanced menu features.
post #1258 of 1375
Does the 65C10 have HDMI CEC control?

I have the C9 and it works great for me for over a year now. I purchased the 65C10 not long ago and can't seem to find the HDMI CEC feature? I use one HDMI port for Panny 210 and it doesn't detect anything nor can I find it via menu. I realize my older C9 is much better because of the remote and the advanced menu features. C10 has better built-in speakers. It sounds more clear.

Tator, I get the same exact issue with the C10. It sometimes gets stuck at the Mitsubishi logo or it the green light keeps blinking but won't turn on. I think I might have to get the C10 service.
post #1259 of 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOXADOR View Post

Does the 65C10 have HDMI CEC control?
...[snip]

No.
post #1260 of 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatorTot View Post

I got a scare today

Turned the tv on and it stayed on the mitsubishi blue logo

After powering off then back on again it works fine

But this is the first time that has happened


Anybody ever had this problem ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOXADOR View Post

[snip] ...Tator, I get the same exact issue with the C10. It sometimes gets stuck at the Mitsubishi logo or it the green light keeps blinking but won't turn on. I think I might have to get the C10 service.

Similar problems on other models were fixed with a software update. What version software are you running? There is an update (12.02) available http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/support/documents/WD-65C10
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rear Projection Units
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 2010 Mitsubishi 3D DLP Owners Thread (638 series)