We had a lot of progress this past week in the theater room. We really hit the house hard too. I called in final inspections for the electric, plumbing, HVAC, and gas for Tuesday so things are happening fast. Here is a picture of the theater door taken from the inside. We used brick as our casing which turned out pretty well. The door is pecky cypress and we used a dark ebony stain from minwax which was oil base. We then sealed it with a minwax water base satin sealer. I really wanted a flat clear coat but could not find one. I have some old door hardware to put on this hopefully this next week. The void above the stone column is awaiting some large coral stone "crown molding". i know the walls are pretty light and bright.
I want to assure you this is not the final color. Wall color is yet to be determined. Wife is getting involved
and I think I am loosing ground as she brought it a bunch of carpet samples today. I will post some pictures of the samples tomorrow but man this is my room.
Today I made the journey from the garage to the house with the Digital Projection projector to put it in its spot. Like a rocket scientist I bought the damn thing about 5 months ago
and I have yet to turn it on. Now that I have it in place I may have to fire it up. Today we installed the last two racks in the wall between the theater and the equipment room. I definitely did not allow enough tolerance for a loose easy fit. I ended up with a 8 lb sledge hammer and a 2 x 4 to move the last unit into place. These babies are built tough so I wasnt afraid to give it a few good wacks. As shown we also stained and sealed the theater door.
One thing I quickly found in my first theater room was the heat from the projector became very uncomfortable. I made sure this time to have a zoned a/c unit dedicated to the theater room and also a projector mounted outside of the room in the equipment area. Tomorrow I will install a simple attic fan thermostat at the top of the equipment room. The duct you see above the projector has an inline fan mounted in the attic. Although I have an a/c duct in the equipment room this fan will be a backup. I am thinking i will set the thermostat about 81 degrees so if the room does heat up the air is exhausted to the exterior of the house.
This past week the Vantage panels were outfitted so we could finally start using the keypads to turn on and off the lights. We have been turning lights on and off with the fuse panel. The doors for the Vantage panels are bad@@s. I hate to get excited about doors but I just think they are cool. There is more and I will keep the pics coming now the theater is starting to have some progress.