I had a little progress this weekend. Pulled out the Genelec AIW26's to install for my rears and sides. I was able to cut in the rears and one pair of the sides today. I have a good buddy of my trying to get me to install two pairs of sides. I think I am going to hold off on the second pair until I get the theater up and running.
I will mount the grills tomorrow but this a shot of one of the rear speakers.
I had a guy turn me on to a Dremel Tool I bought at Home Depot and it is pretty handy. Not as dusty as using a drywall knife and cuts a nice hole. My other favorite tool pictured is my label machine. With all of my network cables and such this has been a very handy gadget. I buy the 1 inch wide super adhesive tape and print a description of the cable which repeats all the way around the label.
There are a couple of things going on in this picture. If you look at the top of the stone pillar you can see we started installing the stone crown molding. The stone really finishes off the top of the pillars. I have also been trying to figure out my step lighting. I really did not want to use the traditional box and have been checking out some of the LED bull nose channel I have seen in movie theaters. I already had quite of few of the 1" round led lights I showed earlier in the thread so I decided to make them work. We drilled holes in the concrete steps in the theater so I would have room to tuck the wires in.