or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810) - Page 205

post #6121 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post


You wanted better 3d, so this gives you better 3d. What is it about the 810 that was better than the 820 if anything??.

Nothing really I guess except I like the way NX810 sounds better then HX820.
post #6122 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post


I thought you lived next a to a nuclear waste facility ..
You don't cough up your whereabouts, incognito.

I live in Atlantis.
post #6123 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2spd View Post

nothing really i guess except i like the way nx810 sounds better then hx820.

post #6124 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do-It-Yourself View Post

I live in Atlantis.

Wow! and I thought we were having it rough here in the NE w/ the wet weather. I'm almost done building the Arc. Made it out of carboard from flat panel TV boxes.
post #6125 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoylekim View Post

I only have the rabbit ears hooked up thru the antenna 'socket' ..my cable comes through a cable box via HDMi thru my AVR via HDMI to the TV ..so, my cable, BR player, Apple TV are all through HDMI ... So my OTA is on completely separate input from everything else .. Tuning my cable is via the box thru a harmony remote ..

Understood. Read this..it's from January:
Thanks Don for the reply. This isn't exactly what I was asking though (apologies for the lack of clarity). Here's a glimpse of my setup to clarify:

1) 95% of the time I watch TV via a SageTV extender (on an HDMI input). I've got a PC Server running SageTV in the basement, controlling and capturing HD from a CableBox. This is just like your DVR example for the sake of example.

2) 5% of the time we like to watch the TV directly, using the Coax input. Right now I can do a channel search and it will pick up a handful of channels that are being provided by Comcast over the coax (clear/unencrypted QAM). I'm missing out on some good HD options though that are present on an antenna.

Here's how what I can do with my Samsung, but can't seem to do with the nx810: Get what I'm getting (Cable Channels - QAM) COMBINED WITH over the air (ATSC) channels from an antenna .

My question to the guru-ship here is whether this is just a limitation to live with, or if there is an approach I'm not smart enough to have thought of to bring BOTH ATSC and CLEAR QAM together when I flick through channels.

Note: I guess there are "HD" Antennas that can connect via HDMI that I could use - which might be an option, but isn't what I was looking for.
[/b]
post #6126 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post


Wow! and I thought we were having it rough here in the NE w/ the wet weather. I'm almost done building the Arc. Made it out of carboard from flat panel TV boxes.

Should have used all that protective foam. I'm sailing by now. Using one box for wind control.
post #6127 of 6610
I need a professional explanation. Few posts before I complained about flash-lighting and I uploaded some dark scene pictures where light was coming in from both sides of TV. I'm watching "Huble: IMAX" BluRay NOT 3D and 99% of time there are dark scenes. Most times Huble being in the middle of the screen and pretty bright. NOT 1 time I saw light coming in from the sides of the screen. Perfect BLACK picture. What can really cause flash-lighting in one movie and clear black picture in another?
post #6128 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

Wow! and I thought we were having it rough here in the NE w/ the wet weather. I'm almost done building the Arc. Made it out of carboard from flat panel TV boxes.

Here we have this thing called AVATAR "Atlantis Voyage Aqua Territorial Apprenticed Rowboat", aka TT (Tursiops truncatus) and ABD (Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin) .

I could lend you one if you need it.
I also have bubbles too.
post #6129 of 6610
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-KDL46EX720-46-Inch-1080p/dp/B004HYG9XW/

what features would i miss out on when buying the ex720?
post #6130 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by verreckt33 View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-KDL46EX720-46-Inch-1080p/dp/B004HYG9XW/

what features would i miss out on when buying the ex720?

9-14 inches.
post #6131 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuV2SPD View Post

I need a professional explanation. Few posts before I complained about flash-lighting and I uploaded some dark scene pictures where light was coming in from both sides of TV. I'm watching "Huble: IMAX" BluRay NOT 3D and 99% of time there are dark scenes. Most times Huble being in the middle of the screen and pretty bright. NOT 1 time I saw light coming in from the sides of the screen. Perfect BLACK picture. What can really cause flash-lighting in one movie and clear black picture in another?

Okay. you want a professional explanation:

It's Because.
post #6132 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

Okay. you want a professional explanation:

It's Because.

Just because. I see, it's like for Sony to know and for us to find out. I ordered about 20 BluRay movies from Netflix to test my TV.
post #6133 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuV2SPD View Post

Just because. I see, it's like for Sony to know and for us to find out. I ordered about 20 BluRay movies from Netflix to test my TV.

Yes. It's called the because/why - why/because conundrum. It's recursive, meaning it's a circular definition. Why 20?. Why not 40 or 60 or 160?. Seriosely. Amazon prime has a 1 month trial for their Prime service. With that you get a crapload of movies and TV shows. You can cancel the trial with a click of a button. It's not like they make it hard for you, in fact they make it so easy because they have a high success rate. What they're doing is actually the next step in eliminating bricks and morter. For 80.00 a year, they'll deliver anything 2nd day free. If you want NEXT day, it's 2.00 an item. They're testing the waters to see if this business model works, more so for those in the 21-65 age group. Seems after 65 most people didin't have exposure to computers and just don't want to deal with them(not my observation but those that do the research when marketing these things.)
I'm going to try it for a year but I haven't gotten around to fiddling with the video. I bought that pole saw and wanted it next day. That thing has paid for itself like 5 times over. Let me know if you need any trees pruned in your cement jungle. I'll film it in 3d for ya.BTW someone on here told me about redbox. They have one at walmart but no 3d movies. All blurays. It's a buck a day really cheap.
post #6134 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post


Yes. It's called the because/why - why/because conundrum. It's recursive, meaning it's a circular definition. Why 20?. Why not 40 or 60 or 160?. Seriosely. Amazon prime has a 1 month trial for their Prime service. With that you get a crapload of movies and TV shows. You can cancel the trial with a click of a button. It's not like they make it hard for you, in fact they make it so easy because they have a high success rate. What they're doing is actually the next step in eliminating bricks and morter. For 80.00 a year, they'll deliver anything 2nd day free. If you want NEXT day, it's 2.00 an item. They're testing the waters to see if this business model works, more so for those in the 21-65 age group. Seems after 65 most people didin't have exposure to computers and just don't want to deal with them(not my observation but those that do the research when marketing these things.)
I'm going to try it for a year but I haven't gotten around to fiddling with the video. I bought that pole saw and wanted it next day. That thing has paid for itself like 5 times over. Let me know if you need any trees pruned in your cement jungle. I'll film it in 3d for ya.BTW someone on here told me about redbox. They have one at walmart but no 3d movies. All blurays. It's a buck a day really cheap.

See, the thing is my Sony remote only has the Netflix button. Time to complain again. Maybe I'll get a new remote. I'll do some research on Amazon.
post #6135 of 6610
So let me start off and say I love the nx810, its the perfect television and I got an awesome deal for it. Currently I am financing the nx810 for 3 months at an awesome price with 0% interest and three year extended warranty. Now here is the downside to the warranty. I purchased this tv in November of 2010, everything was fine until about 12 days ago. The tv started powering off and on by its self! At first I thought it was maybe an update that caused the glitch, then I thought maybe there was something wrong with my power adapter. Turns out that this is a known issue and has nothing to do with all of the above. In a way I was not too worried because I still have the warranty. I call the store I purchased the television, they told me to call my extended warranty. I call them, they tell me to call Sony within the first year. I call Sony customer support (WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE A NIGHTMARE!) I get outsourced to India then Mexico. Back and forth waiting for these agents to finish reading their stupid script taped next to their monitor. Finally after three days, they call me back (from India) and let me know that their contractors "World Wide Tech" would arrive in 7 days to replace the broken part(s) for tv. Wednesday comes, a day before they're scheduled appointment. Worldwide Tech calls me and tells me that they cannot make it to the appointment because they have not received the part from Sony yet. At that point I had a feeling that matters would only get worse. Now its Thursday afternoon, I decide to call Sony and find out where the part is. (Of course I am transferred to India again) after 40 minutes of yelling they tell me to call WorldWide Tech because they do not know what I am talking about! I call back WorldWide Tech asked for the Manager on duty and he tells me that Sony NEVER EVEN SHIPPED OUT THE PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!! At that point I was LIVID! I call Sony right after, talk to idi*t, got transferred to another, and another. All three acted like its the first time I am calling and we get to a point where I was asked these same questions again! UNBELIEVABLE! Finally they said that they would have one of their supervisors call me within two business days. The next day they call I again repeat myself, describe the issue. That agent finally tells me that the parts are on backorder and WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL DECEMBER 2011! I was shocked! If I had not called based on instincts then I would probably be waiting for that phone call for god knows how long! I asked to speak with the manager right away, the agent hung up the phone!!!!! I call back and now I am talking to a basic agent again, after 4 hours of talking and BS I finally escalated this issue and I had someone from the U.S contact me and tell me that I should try contacting them in 2 weeks. 30 minutes pass and I decided that I am not going to wait another 2 weeks to find out that my tv will not be fixed for 5 months after someone already confirmed it. I call back the US customer support (which cannot be found if you look through the paper work that was given when you purchase the tv) Talk to the agent, express "my feeling" about their customer support, they start explaining how they always keep their promises and then I refer them to their broken promise about my television being fixed that one Thursday that nobody showed up for. The agent says, her boss will call me back. Long story short, the day manager calls back and offers to replace my nx810 with another nx810 but its going to be refurbished. Warranty still covered but now I am going to receive somebody elses nightmare. This was one of the worst customer support experiences I have ever faced in my life! I do not think that I should be receiving a refurbished used tv, my question is. Can anyone help me figure out a way to persuade Sony to get me a new television?
post #6136 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsENT View Post

So let me start off and say I love the nx810, its the perfect television and I got an awesome deal for it. Currently I am financing the nx810 for 3 months at an awesome price with 0% interest and three year extended warranty. Now here is the downside to the warranty. I purchased this tv in November of 2010, everything was fine until about 12 days ago. The tv started powering off and on by its self! At first I thought it was maybe an update that caused the glitch, then I thought maybe there was something wrong with my power adapter. Turns out that this is a known issue and has nothing to do with all of the above. In a way I was not too worried because I still have the warranty. I call the store I purchased the television, they told me to call my extended warranty. I call them, they tell me to call Sony within the first year. I call Sony customer support (WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE A NIGHTMARE!) I get outsourced to India then Mexico. Back and forth waiting for these agents to finish reading their stupid script taped next to their monitor. Finally after three days, they call me back (from India) and let me know that their contractors "World Wide Tech" would arrive in 7 days to replace the broken part(s) for tv. Wednesday comes, a day before they're scheduled appointment. Worldwide Tech calls me and tells me that they cannot make it to the appointment because they have not received the part from Sony yet. At that point I had a feeling that matters would only get worse. Now its Thursday afternoon, I decide to call Sony and find out where the part is. (Of course I am transferred to India again) after 40 minutes of yelling they tell me to call WorldWide Tech because they do not know what I am talking about! I call back WorldWide Tech asked for the Manager on duty and he tells me that Sony NEVER EVEN SHIPPED OUT THE PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!! At that point I was LIVID! I call Sony right after, talk to idi*t, got transferred to another, and another. All three acted like its the first time I am calling and we get to a point where I was asked these same questions again! UNBELIEVABLE! Finally they said that they would have one of their supervisors call me within two business days. The next day they call I again repeat myself, describe the issue. That agent finally tells me that the parts are on backorder and WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL DECEMBER 2011! I was shocked! If I had not called based on instincts then I would probably be waiting for that phone call for god knows how long! I asked to speak with the manager right away, the agent hung up the phone!!!!! I call back and now I am talking to a basic agent again, after 4 hours of talking and BS I finally escalated this issue and I had someone from the U.S contact me and tell me that I should try contacting them in 2 weeks. 30 minutes pass and I decided that I am not going to wait another 2 weeks to find out that my tv will not be fixed for 5 months after someone already confirmed it. I call back the US customer support (which cannot be found if you look through the paper work that was given when you purchase the tv) Talk to the agent, express "my feeling" about their customer support, they start explaining how they always keep their promises and then I refer them to their broken promise about my television being fixed that one Thursday that nobody showed up for. The agent says, her boss will call me back. Long story short, the day manager calls back and offers to replace my nx810 with another nx810 but its going to be refurbished. Warranty still covered but now I am going to receive somebody elses nightmare. This was one of the worst customer support experiences I have ever faced in my life! I do not think that I should be receiving a refurbished used tv, my question is. Can anyone help me figure out a way to persuade Sony to get me a new television?

I tried and there aren't any new available. Many people here had this problem from the router. Maybe you too have same problem. Search the thread.
post #6137 of 6610
Hi All,

I just bought a 46" NX810 from Costco. I was also considering the Samsung UN46D7000 and unfortunately my local costco only has C7000. And after going through all the reviews here i might have bought NX810 even if they had D7000 in stock..

Mine didn't come with3D Transmitter and Glasses. Any way i am not in a hurry to watch 3D. I will get the transmitter later..

I am more interested in getting best LCD for 2D out there for my limited budget (less than 1500)..

Now i will try the settings posted in this forum for this model.

I hope i will enjoy this tv. I opted for costco because it's a B&M store and don't need the haggle of contacting an online retailer in case some thing goes wrong with this tv..

thanks..
post #6138 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsENT View Post

Can anyone help me figure out a way to persuade Sony to get me a new television?

Ya should have stopped here first, and saved yourself a lot of aggravation...
It could be 1 of 2 things. There have been many posts like yours though not as long and descriptive. Usually after replacing a few TV's and having the same issue appear, the TV gets returned for good or they stop by this forumn for the fix. Wonder what parts they were gong to replae not knowing what the problem is.

1. Your router is the most likely problem. Do you have a DLINK?. If so set it to G mode only. If not disconnect it and see what happens. Many many owners have had this problem
2. One poster had an overloaded circuit and didn't know it. that too caused power cycling issues.

After trying this let us know..
post #6139 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post


Ya should have stopped here first, and saved yourself a lot of aggravation...
It could be 1 of 2 things. There have been many posts like yours though not as long and descriptive. Usually after replacing a few TV's and having the same issue appear, the TV gets returned for good or they stop by this forumn for the fix. Wonder what parts they were gong to replae not knowing what the problem is.

1. Your router is the most likely problem. Do you have a DLINK?. If so set it to G mode only. If not disconnect it and see what happens. Many many owners have had this problem
2. One poster had an overloaded circuit and didn't know it. that too caused power cycling issues.

After trying this let us know..

It's amazing that Sony doesn't ask this.
post #6140 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by chdwil View Post
It's amazing that Sony doesn't ask this.
Yeah..we get these all the time . Sony should be paying us but they don't even take note of these fixes. Maybe they have a fix for the wireless disconnect failover??. LIke instead of a panic reboot just output a messsage that the frickin WIFI signal's hosed. Not likely..It's just easier to replace TV's until they finally return it for good or stumble across this forum.
post #6141 of 6610
So I searched and there wasn't a thread for this model. There were a couple posts in this thread about this model.

Any thoughts? I am looking at getting this to replace a Sam un55c6900. The 6900 had terrible blur/ghosting when using the 360 or ps3.

Any thoughts on KDL55HX820 for gaming?
post #6142 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Homer View Post

So I searched and there wasn't a thread for this model. There were a couple posts in this thread about this model.

Any thoughts? I am looking at getting this to replace a Sam un55c6900. The 6900 had terrible blur/ghosting when using the 360 or ps3.

Any thoughts on KDL55HX820 for gaming?

Yes. read Luv2spd's posts for 55hx820 gaming related insights.
post #6143 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Homer
So I searched and there wasn't a thread for this model. There were a couple posts in this thread about this model.

Any thoughts? I am looking at getting this to replace a Sam un55c6900. The 6900 had terrible blur/ghosting when using the 360 or ps3.

Any thoughts on KDL55HX820 for gaming?
I only played "Socom4" "Formula 1 2010" and "Assassins Creed2" and all were fine. So far I've had one problem and that's light coming in from both sides during dark scenes but then I watched "IMAX Hubble" and that one is all dark scenes, not even for one second I saw light coming in from sides. I watched it in a pitch dark room and the picture (space in the movie) was clear black. Can't seem to understand the reason. Other then that the TV is much better in 3D and clouding after watching 3D is much less and fades away seconds after watching 3D.
I haven't started a HX820 thread because I work long hours now and I don't feel like writing all that BS.
post #6144 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuV2SPD View Post
I haven't started a HX820 thread because I work long hours now and I don't feel like writing all that BS.
yeah 12-5 is tough . Take a lesson from Beinstein(The thread starter for this thread).

Start the thread, check back now and again and watch it grow.
post #6145 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post


yeah 12-5 is tough . Take a lesson from beinstein(the thread starter for this thread).

Start the thread, check back now and again and watch it grow.

12-3
post #6146 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuV2SPD View Post

12-3

I couldn't do that without a lunch break. No way..
post #6147 of 6610
Has anyone experienced this issue on there NX810. It only happens in darker scenes and fast movement. Seems to be most noticeable on red and black colours. The only way to reduce it is to up the brightness and gamma. It makes the black corrector basically useless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7B4KqdzM5k

This video is of a Sharp Quattron 925 I had before. My 60NX810 does the same thing but at default brightness the sharp was worse. Watch it full screen. If anyone has a PS3 and black ops please test this on the map Launch. Lower your brightness on the TV and in game if you don't notice it. I have tried multiple PS3's and HDMI cables etc. I also see it in movies but more easily replicated in black ops.
post #6148 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaneo99 View Post

Has anyone experienced this issue on there NX810. It only happens in darker scenes and fast movement. Seems to be most noticeable on red and black colours. The only way to reduce it is to up the brightness and gamma. It makes the black corrector basically useless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7B4KqdzM5k

This video is of a Sharp Quattron 925 I had before. My 60NX810 does the same thing but at default brightness the sharp was worse. Watch it full screen. If anyone has a PS3 and black ops please test this on the map Launch. Lower your brightness on the TV and in game if you don't notice it. I have tried multiple PS3's and HDMI cables etc. I also see it in movies but more easily replicated in black ops.

I noticed a purple spot not trail on my HX820 while playing Formula 1 on PS3 but that only happens while racing and looking in the back with sun being also in the back. If the conditions of the race are cloudy or rainy there is no purple spots. I'm guessing it's just a game effect because that's the only time I see a purple spot on my TV.
post #6149 of 6610
So far I'm (kind of) happy with my 810. I see a lot of stair stepping with certain shows. Striped tie, stairs, blinds, etc. all wave like the old tube tv's of the past. But Blu Ray is awesome to say the least.

Jeff
post #6150 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars76 View Post

Hi All,

Any way i am not in a hurry to watch 3D. I will get the transmitter later..thanks..

You should be, the 3D feature is way cool and you will most likely enjoy it more than you think. I didnt care about it when i bought my NX either but after watching movies like TRON in 3D im really glad i have it.




Quote:
Originally Posted by mars76 View Post

Now i will try the settings posted in this forum for this model.

If getting a pro to calibration for your TV is not an option maybe think about getting a calibration Blu-ray (Spears and Munsil, DVE, WOW or the like) and doing your own setting's. These sets can vary from panel to panel with a lot depending on how you recieve the source. meaning from Set top Box through your receiver out to your TV vs directly from the STB to your TV vs. Blu-ray directly to your TV vs running it through your reciveer first. There are a lot of varibles that can greatly effect PQ. On the other side of the coin there are folks that use some of the posted settings and really enjoy them, most are posted for the larger panels though. Good luck and enjoy!

I was in a Sprint store yesterday and got to play with their new 3D android phone, no 3D glass's required. It was really cool. I bring this up because of the no 3D glass's required thing. The next generation of 3D is around the corner.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810)