or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810) - Page 209

post #6241 of 6610
hey guys its been a long time since i have been on this fourm
i have been reading this thread and i sincerly appreciate all the input of stories, reviews, problems, praise of the nx810 series
im at a point right now when i can purchase and brand new 60nx810 or hold out a little longer for a price drop (that i just missed) on the 55hx820
i was actually about to go put the cash down on the 60nx810 today but something seems to be preventing me, i have seen it in the stores and love the pq, not so worried about 3d but will be nice to have, then im wondering if the 60 is a little big for y place or is the 55 a better size for me?
i have one of the 50' rear projection wega lcds about 5 years old, still works great and looks great but its time for an upgrade, no issues with that tv at all very pleased with it, would love the same with a new set but sometimes you never know like what some of you have gone through
i have researched the nx810 and dont have a alot of info yet for the hx820 which seems to be getting off to a good start from what i have heard
so my question to you kind people is, in your honest opinion would the 60nx810 be a reasonable choice or should i stick it out and wait maybe for a price drop again on the 55hx820....is one better than the other besides refresh rate or are both equally good in thier own right?
thanks for any info or opinions and thank you for this wealth of information here!
cheers!
post #6242 of 6610
Has anyone seen or tried this?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...=2#description

I don't have an HDMI 1.4 AVR (Pioneer SC-27). Whenever I watch 3D, it seems to properly pass through 3D games but not 3D Blu-rays. I have to do the cable dance behind the home theater where I plug my PS3 HDMI out directly in to the TV and have optical audio from the PS3 to the AVR. However, I lose the ability to do any form of HD audio with this method (which I know the PS3 can't do anyway for 3D). For the longest time I've been looking for an affordable HDMI splitter that can split the 3D signal out of the PS3 in to my AVR and in to my 55NX810 so I don't have to do the cable dance anymore. :P

There doesn't seem to be a ton of info about splitting 3D with the exception of the "3D support" description for the title. Before I buy it I wanted to ask the community.
post #6243 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Embrace View Post

hey guys its been a long time since i have been on this fourm
i have been reading this thread and i sincerly appreciate all the input of stories, reviews, problems, praise of the nx810 series
im at a point right now when i can purchase and brand new 60nx810 or hold out a little longer for a price drop (that i just missed) on the 55hx820
i was actually about to go put the cash down on the 60nx810 today but something seems to be preventing me, i have seen it in the stores and love the pq, not so worried about 3d but will be nice to have, then im wondering if the 60 is a little big for y place or is the 55 a better size for me?
i have one of the 50' rear projection wega lcds about 5 years old, still works great and looks great but its time for an upgrade, no issues with that tv at all very pleased with it, would love the same with a new set but sometimes you never know like what some of you have gone through
i have researched the nx810 and dont have a alot of info yet for the hx820 which seems to be getting off to a good start from what i have heard
so my question to you kind people is, in your honest opinion would the 60nx810 be a reasonable choice or should i stick it out and wait maybe for a price drop again on the 55hx820....is one better than the other besides refresh rate or are both equally good in thier own right?
thanks for any info or opinions and thank you for this wealth of information here!
cheers!

Size wise 60" vs 55" thats what 2.5 inches at either corner. I would not think that would matter a hill of beans. I have read the 60's are better over all. Having come from a 37in TV to a 46in TV thinking it was going to be to big for my room and now having got use to it (didnt take long) and loving 3D so much (didnt think it would matter either) I'm sorry i didnt get a 60 myself!
This being the NX 810 thread i have not looked so can not comment on the HX820 vs. the NX810. I can say as far as PQ i am very happy with my NX810.
post #6244 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Embrace View Post

in your honest opinion would the 60nx810 be a reasonable choice or should i stick it out and wait maybe for a price drop again on the 55hx820....is one better than the other besides refresh rate or are both equally good in thier own right?
thanks for any info or opinions and thank you for this wealth of information here!
cheers!

If you read through here there aren't many complaints from 60" owners. There are a lot less 60" owners than there are 55's and 46's. When I look at a 55" it looks small and of course it isn't but I'm used to the 60". When I look at a 46" it might as well be a 42". I think you'd be very happy w/ the 60nx810.
post #6245 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh60 View Post

I finally set up my KDL55nx810 this weekend (a replacement for my KD55A2000 with failed optical block). Some minor clouding noticed, but I can live with it.

Then, 20 hours later the TV begins cycling off and on randomly. A search of AVS found possible mixed router problem, so I changed the router to "g" only, but cycling off and on is still happening.

Emailed Sony listens today. Has anyone encountered this or know of a fix? could it firemware related? The TV is great otherwise, I really don't want to have to exchange it.

Thanks.

The mixed router fix is for dlinks You might have to try swapping your router unless Sony has a fix for the dropped wifi reboot thing.
post #6246 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfran1 View Post

Thanks I updated 2nd post in settings
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post19947239

Still does not help SBS files in 3d

Theres a thread soemwhere in the Sony support forum where some other guy goes into detail about the Sony's and not liking SBS and the format they like the most(packed?).
Then there's a thread for some TV I think an ex that has 3d issues for about a year and they finally did fix it via firmware. Cablevision in my zip delivers side-by-side and the one broadcast they had didn't work for me. CHDWIL, and Beinstein both get top-bottom and get good 3d.
post #6247 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy949 View Post

Has anyone seen or tried this?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...=2#description

I don't have an HDMI 1.4 AVR (Pioneer SC-27). Whenever I watch 3D, it seems to properly pass through 3D games but not 3D Blu-rays. I have to do the cable dance behind the home theater where I plug my PS3 HDMI out directly in to the TV and have optical audio from the PS3 to the AVR. However, I lose the ability to do any form of HD audio with this method (which I know the PS3 can't do anyway for 3D). For the longest time I've been looking for an affordable HDMI splitter that can split the 3D signal out of the PS3 in to my AVR and in to my 55NX810 so I don't have to do the cable dance anymore. :P

There doesn't seem to be a ton of info about splitting 3D with the exception of the "3D support" description for the title. Before I buy it I wanted to ask the community.

Try slickdealsdotnet b/c meritline offers them now and again and there's always questions about how they work. Usuallly you buy these b/c you ran out of ports, some have a remote control. Are you using your ps3 for both the games and blu-ray?. I ask this b/c it really doesn't make sense that the games would work in 3d but not the bluray even though it sounds like your using hdmi to your a/v and hdmi out the TV?. Have you tried borrowing a 3d bluray player?. Do you get any mesages to the effect of "3d signal detected"?
post #6248 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabletvsucks View Post

No way, a JAN 2011! That's awesome! I call my NOvember sticker a 2011 anyway !

Mine (55NX810) has build date of March 2011. I received my set in early May'11 directly from Sony...
post #6249 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

Try slickdealsdotnet b/c meritline offers them now and again and there's always questions about how they work. Usuallly you buy these b/c you ran out of ports, some have a remote control. Are you using your ps3 for both the games and blu-ray?. I ask this b/c it really doesn't make sense that the games would work in 3d but not the bluray even though it sounds like your using hdmi to your a/v and hdmi out the TV?. Have you tried borrowing a 3d bluray player?. Do you get any mesages to the effect of "3d signal detected"?

Yeah, I am using the PS3 for both movies and games. For some reason the SC-27 passes the 3D signal fine for games but dies for movies. I have always found that very odd but I figured the signal is coded differently where the receiver passes it through just fine. Yes, "3D signal detected" comes up on screen. I played COD: Black Ops over the weekend passed through this way in 3D. However, for watching 3D movies I have to switch cables around and change the PS3 settings to output audio from optical.
post #6250 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy949 View Post

Yeah, I am using the PS3 for both movies and games. For some reason the SC-27 passes the 3D signal fine for games but dies for movies. I have always found that very odd but I figured the signal is coded differently where the receiver passes it through just fine. Yes, "3D signal detected" comes up on screen. I played COD: Black Ops over the weekend passed through this way in 3D. However, for watching 3D movies I have to switch cables around and change the PS3 settings to output audio from optical.

Did you try bypassng the a/v and using the PS3(take the reciever out of the equation)?Do you have another highspeed hdmi cable laying around that you can try? Just to rule out the cable. Crazy question but is this a new ps3 w/ the firmware update to play bluray? if not there are settings on the ps3 like 720p, automatic, so you have that right? otherwise the resolution of the bluerays is higher than the games so the games pass thru the a/v but the movies dont? but then again your tv outputs the 3d signal detected on the BR so it's odd. I guess you can try that splitter, it should pass 3d just fine.
post #6251 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiworld1 View Post


Mine (55NX810) has build date of March 2011. I received my set in early May'11 directly from Sony...

So perhaps the nx810 can be considered a 2011 model released in 2010.
post #6252 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by chdwil View Post


So perhaps the nx810 can be considered a 2011 model released in 2010.

How do you check?
Maybe I should check my HX820 to see if it was built in 2010 or 12
post #6253 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuV2SPD View Post

How do you check?
Maybe I should check my HX820 to see if it was built in 2010 or 12

2012 huh?..Let us know ..Theres a label on the back of the TV by the serial number it has the build date. You know how the Auto mfgr's model year is -1?, well Sony's model year is +1. I guess the demand was there so they built them in 2011, then gave then to Sams club.
post #6254 of 6610
Hey guys on a different subject id like to ask if anyone who owns a
NX810 and an EVO 3D. I want to be able to play 3d and 2d movies using DLNA but it doesn't work and doesn't support the file format. it also doesn't display the 3d pictures when i have it hooked up via HDMI.Video works via HDMI the 3d looks ok.
Maybe an update from Sony to support these file types is what we need. Anyways thanks for any help or suggestions.
post #6255 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPSYCHOTRONx View Post

Hey guys on a different subject id like to ask if anyone who owns a
NX810 and an EVO 3D. I want to be able to play 3d and 2d movies using DLNA but it doesn't work and doesn't support the file format. it also doesn't display the 3d pictures when i have it hooked up via HDMI.Video works via HDMI the 3d looks ok.
Maybe an update from Sony to support these file types is what we need. Anyways thanks for any help or suggestions.

Nice! - I've been waiting for someone to try this. I got sprint and I can get an evo but i'd have to switch plans and stuff so don't know if its worth it yet.
I'm flying under the radar w/a touch pro 2. anyway...
You'll most likely have to use a media player that contains the codecs to translate your files. the nx810 supports simple file types. I doubt we'll see any support from sony on this. When you say video works ok via HDMI 3d looks o.k does that mean you can see 3d w/o glasses? what you need is something that will take the output from your evo and translate it into the same signal/format that bluray,ps3,etc. does. 2d shouldn't be a problem but if it can't do what a 3d bluray does then it won't work.
post #6256 of 6610
I'm still in process of seeing what works best. you need glasses to see 3d on the tv but not on the phone. i also need to re-shoot some more video to test as i thought i had it in 720p but didn't.
I will go through again and post back as to whats not working. in a perfect world i want to stream through DLNA everything from my phone to the tv. things like netflix,sirius radio,games home movies and pics etc....
post #6257 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPSYCHOTRONx View Post

I'm still in process of seeing what works best. you need glasses to see 3d on the tv but not on the phone. i also need to re-shoot some more video to test as i thought i had it in 720p but didn't.
I will go through again and post back as to whats not working. in a perfect world i want to stream through DLNA everything from my phone to the tv. things like netflix,sirius radio,games home movies and pics etc....

Good luck with that..How are you going to do that? I was thinking more simple minded on the lines of downloading movies to the phone and playing it back thru the TV via HDMI.
post #6258 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Embrace View Post

hey guys its been a long time since i have been on this fourm
i have been reading this thread and i sincerly appreciate all the input of stories, reviews, problems, praise of the nx810 series
im at a point right now when i can purchase and brand new 60nx810 or hold out a little longer for a price drop (that i just missed) on the 55hx820
i was actually about to go put the cash down on the 60nx810 today but something seems to be preventing me, i have seen it in the stores and love the pq, not so worried about 3d but will be nice to have, then im wondering if the 60 is a little big for y place or is the 55 a better size for me?
i have one of the 50' rear projection wega lcds about 5 years old, still works great and looks great but its time for an upgrade, no issues with that tv at all very pleased with it, would love the same with a new set but sometimes you never know like what some of you have gone through
i have researched the nx810 and dont have a alot of info yet for the hx820 which seems to be getting off to a good start from what i have heard
so my question to you kind people is, in your honest opinion would the 60nx810 be a reasonable choice or should i stick it out and wait maybe for a price drop again on the 55hx820....is one better than the other besides refresh rate or are both equally good in thier own right?
thanks for any info or opinions and thank you for this wealth of information here!
cheers!

Picture quality on the 60" NX810 will be better than the 55HX820. Sony uses a better panel on the 60 inchers and also has more local dimming zones. I went from a 50" SXRD to the 60 and dont regret it one bit. Even the wife likes it, which is a miracle in itself.
post #6259 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdog2004 View Post

Picture quality on the 60" NX810 will be better than the 55HX820. Sony uses a better panel on the 60 inchers and also has more local dimming zones. I went from a 50" SXRD to the 60 and dont regret it one bit. Even the wife likes it, which is a miracle in itself.

I don't think anyone w/ the 60" had any complaints other than the sound being lousey. That panel does get a lot of attenton. But we don't know what they're using for the 2011's or in luv2spds case the 2012's.
post #6260 of 6610
What are the required 3D formats to view 3D programming on a TV?
Solution


Required 3D formats:

1080p/24 Frame packing
720p/60 Frame packing
1080i/60 Side-by-Side (Half)
1080p/24 Over-Under (Top and Bottom)
720p/60 Over-Under (Top and Bottom)


So - as you see 720 SbS is missing and therefore we get screwed. This is the reason ESPN 3d won't work w/ directv. Directv sends out 720p, you have to some how convert it to 1080i SbS. that 720p isn't a "mandatory" format so Sony don't support it.
post #6261 of 6610
was wondering what folks paid for a really good tv?
post #6262 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post
I don't think anyone w/ the 60" had any complaints other than the sound being lousey. That panel does get a lot of attenton. But we don't know what they're using for the 2011's or in luv2spds case the 2012's.
Loving my 60NX810 so far after a month. HD tv is very nice, Blu ray is magnificent and 3D is solid (depending on movie). The sound is irrelevent for me as i have the complete 7.1 package, i never ever use the tv speakers.
I would never trade for a supposedly superior 55 inch. I have found my holy grail and will never look back.
post #6263 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by oae83 View Post
was wondering what folks paid for a really good tv?
60's always had a premium. The 46's and 55's you could get deals. It wasn't till Usapp had their supersale on the 55 till this thread got started. From what I've seen 60's range from 3.5-4.5. I think someone might have reported 2.8 but It was a one time incident. Then add on the 3dmitter and glasses and ps3 and whatever.
post #6264 of 6610
What menu area of the the 60nx810 can the sleep timer control be found?
post #6265 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

What are the required 3D formats to view 3D programming on a TV?
Solution


Required 3D formats:

1080p/24 Frame packing
720p/60 Frame packing
1080i/60 Side-by-Side (Half)
1080p/24 Over-Under (Top and Bottom)
720p/60 Over-Under (Top and Bottom)


So - as you see 720 SbS is missing and therefore we get screwed. This is the reason ESPN 3d won't work w/ directv. Directv sends out 720p, you have to some how convert it to 1080i SbS. that 720p isn't a "mandatory" format so Sony don't support it.

You can't watch ESPN 3D on your Sony? It works fine with the Sony HX800 series (2010) 3D sets + DirecTV. No issues at all.
post #6266 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve P. View Post

You can't watch ESPN 3D on your Sony? It works fine with the Sony HX800 series (2010) 3D sets + DirecTV. No issues at all.

Don't have espn 3D, been wanting to switch to directv. Been following the directv forums @ directvdotcom. I don't know for sure the nx810 won't work, I do know that directv sends out a 720p SbS for ESPN and nobody knows why since its not a mandatory format, and the one broadcast my cable provider had was 720p SbS and it didn't work for me, the same broadcast by prviders delivering it top-to-bottom had no problem.. What kind of reciever do you have for directv? those formats are for all Sony tv's(not the nx810 only) and being that you say yours works no issues makes it all the more confusing.
post #6267 of 6610
I actually don't own the Sony HX800s, but I set two of them up for a friend and ESPN 3D works fine on both of them using HR24 DVR receivers. In fact, I have yet to find a 3D set that didn't work fine with ESPN 3D via DirecTV (testing Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, LG, Toshiba). DirecTVs "compatiblity list" is not up to date or close to being complete. My Samsung and LG sets have no issues either.

I'm sure the 2011 models would work fine if the 2010 Sonys do.
post #6268 of 6610
Is there no way to switch off the startup sound?
post #6269 of 6610
just wanted to know some quick info for the following before i take the plunge and make a purchase

does ps3 and xbox games play well on the 60nx810? (they should look and run fine i would assume)

i know from opinions and seeing myself that bluray is awesome but i was curious as to playing regular dvds in a upconverting player if you can notice the difference much at all? i would assume they should look pretty decent

also if you are watching regular cable i realize the pq wont be great but is it at least tolerable and sufficient if you dont have hd for your cable source?
i have it on my old 50 wega lcd and i dont mind it one bit to be honest and im sure this would be at least better

i think i can get a really good deal before these 60's are gone and i have to act quick, if for some reason i miss out i guess ill be waiting for a sale on the 55hx820
just want to be confident when i actually make the purchase to say i got a killer tv and deal but i think im just either paranoid or afraid of having any issues with the tv when i get it home...which id be covered under the warranty anyways

once again guys thank you for all your input and info you make available to us new users or in the market to purchase a particular tv set
its great to talk with people who have the hands on experience of the product you are interested in!

thank you!
post #6270 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post


Don't have espn 3D, been wanting to switch to directv. Been following the directv forums @ directvdotcom. I don't know for sure the nx810 won't work, I do know that directv sends out a 720p SbS for ESPN and nobody knows why since its not a mandatory format, and the one broadcast my cable provider had was 720p SbS and it didn't work for me, the same broadcast by prviders delivering it top-to-bottom had no problem.. What kind of reciever do you have for directv? those formats are for all Sony tv's(not the nx810 only) and being that you say yours works no issues makes it all the more confusing.

85% of Direct TV customers switch back to Optimum(Cablevision). My brother got FiOS and he says it's identical to Optimum. I would get FiOS just to get the triple play, then switch back to Optimum and get triple play again but FiOS in my area is still provided by Dish NET or Direct.
I'm just saying.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810)