or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810) - Page 213

post #6361 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

Thanks for the reply. Never heard of overscan but I'll look into it. There's a service menu but I don't know if theres an adjustment and I wouldn't want to mess w/ it anyway. It's just those graphics that they flash on the screen. the station logo, the baseball scores, etc. CNN w/ its ticker is fine. I thought I accidently put my TV into zoom mode or something. The picture is centered fine. I think.. When there's an advertisement, the graphics are fine.
Meaning the "fine print" its centered top to bottom and I can read the whole thing.

Overscan is usually the culprit when the image is zoomed in partially and content is cut off. With computer monitors it is an easy fix. Most all monitors include basic horizontal and vertical adjustment. However, with televisions it's a lot tricker of a fix. If there is a way to adjust it it's almost always located deep within the service menus.
post #6362 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coligion View Post

Overscan is usually the culprit when the image is zoomed in partially and content is cut off. With computer monitors it is an easy fix. Most all monitors include basic horizontal and vertical adjustment. However, with televisions it's a lot tricker of a fix. If there is a way to adjust it it's almost always located deep within the service menus.

thanks, none of my other TV's do this but they don't have settop boxes. I have to remove the set top to eliminate that. The STB has been a constant annoyance so I have to try that first before contacting service. I read about these safe zones and stuff to aim the graphics but since no one else has this issue its got to be the box or my TV. The settings are still set to factory and I haven't changed anything. Thanks again.
post #6363 of 6610
So I just picked up one of these on deep clearance at Sams. Love it so far, but there is no doubt the speakers are terrible.

So here's my problem, I'm running an optical out into my older Sony ES receiver. The audio is coming in just fine, but I can't control the level/volume through the TV, even with the audio output on variable. Any ideas as to why or what I can do?
post #6364 of 6610
Hey sbx007 did you check screen settings? It might be you need to turn off auto display and turn on full pixel for that source. If it is auto it will let your input dictate what format it is displaying. Full pixel usually looks best on tv sources Imo.
post #6365 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGjab View Post

Hey sbx007 did you check screen settings? It might be you need to turn off auto display and turn on full pixel for that source. If it is auto it will let your input dictate what format it is displaying. Full pixel usually looks best on tv sources Imo.

How do I do that?
post #6366 of 6610
With all the problems associated with the 55" I am curious ...if given the choice would you buy this again?
post #6367 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

How do I do that?

I do not have the same model TV, but most Sony 2010 models follow the same adjustment pattern. Here's how I adjust OVERSCAN on my SONY 60EX700.
It should be the same or at least pretty close:

On the remote control, hit HOME. Go to the menu all the way on the left, SETTINGS>Picture & Display>Screen>Auto Display OFF>Display Area FULL PIXEL. This adjustment must be made while you are tuned to a HiDef station.

While you are in the same sub-menu, turn OFF Ambient Sensor and watch tv with it OFF for a while. You may find that the pq is brighter and the colors are more natural.
post #6368 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlyviper View Post

With all the problems associated with the 55" I am curious ...if given the choice would you buy this again?

I have a 60" and a 55". I haven't had any problems with either of them.
post #6369 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

How do I do that?

Yeah just follow hughh's directions and that will prob fix your problem. Couldn't remember how to adjust it without being in front of tv.
post #6370 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlyviper View Post

With all the problems associated with the 55" I am curious ...if given the choice would you buy this again?

No problems with mine, but having said that if I was buying now I'd probably put up the extra $ for the 929 when it goes on sale.
post #6371 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughh View Post

I do not have the same model TV, but most Sony 2010 models follow the same adjustment pattern. Here's how I adjust OVERSCAN on my SONY 60EX700.
It should be the same or at least pretty close:

On the remote control, hit HOME. Go to the menu all the way on the left, SETTINGS>Picture & Display>Screen>Auto Display OFF>Display Area FULL PIXEL. This adjustment must be made while you are tuned to a HiDef station.

While you are in the same sub-menu, turn OFF Ambient Sensor and watch tv with it OFF for a while. You may find that the pq is brighter and the colors are more natural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGjab View Post

Yeah just follow hughh's directions and that will prob fix your problem. Couldn't remember how to adjust it without being in front of tv.

Thanks!. Will give it a try.
post #6372 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEastSide View Post

I have a 60" and a 55". I haven't had any problems with either of them.

A few people had "problems". Mostly minor and resolved one way or the other. I haven't heard of anyone yet that has a problem and is just living with it because they can't get satisifaction from the manufacturer. The lunatic w/ the 3d problems got a new tv and now doesn't want to know us or is working crazy hours like 10 a.m.-3 p.m. or whatever. We don't know the overall satidfaction level as 99% of the buyers aren't posting to AVS. It also depends on cost. Those that paid 3k are going to find more problems then those that paid 2(I think).. Every thread from every manufacturer you'll see problems. Same goes for 30k auto's and the like. Problems..
post #6373 of 6610
Has anyone else had issues with the clock resetting on their nx810? Every once in a while the time will be lost and I will have to go into the menu to reset it so the TV guide works. It is like the eco switch on the side had been used to turn the TV completely off, but that is not the case. Thanks.
post #6374 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbackner View Post

Has anyone else had issues with the clock resetting on their nx810? Every once in a while the time will be lost and I will have to go into the menu to reset it so the TV guide works. It is like the eco switch on the side had been used to turn the TV completely off, but that is not the case. Thanks.

This happened to me once, but I believe the cause was the televisions automatic system software update. I haven't been up to date on how often it updates, but yeah...
post #6375 of 6610
I just ordered the nx720 55" because I can't find the nx810 for cheaper. Isn't the nx720 newer? Which is better?
post #6376 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlyviper View Post

With all the problems associated with the 55" I am curious ...if given the choice would you buy this again?


I have the 55" and love it. Don't watch much 3D but I do watch Blu-ray and HD. I would buy it again in a heart beat.
post #6377 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnon View Post

My wireless internet connection is strong. I pass the connection test. I can see the TV set on my wireless network HOWEVER, I cannot "Acquiring internet content". I just sits there with the line moving across the screen. I let if go for an hour with nothing. My widgets don't work. It says can't make connection try later. Netflix, Pandora, none of it works.

It seems my problems started when I got the latest firmware but can't prove it.

Any suggestions? I have a linksys WRT310N. My laptops work fine. Are there any settings on a wireless router that absolutely have to be enabled other than the obvious?

Anyone know of a website where we can see the status of Sony to make sure they aren't having issues on their side?

thanks in advance.

I believe that I have this same problem. Did you find a solution? Thanks
post #6378 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecamp View Post

I believe that I have this same problem. Did you find a solution? Thanks

This is a new one. Most of the router issues were resolved by removing password protection, switching to mixed mode instead of N only. However, you're able to connect and can't get content, so you're proplem is very different than what we're used to seeing. Who is your IP provider?
Another venue you might try is "sony listens". Search for sony listens and send them email describing you're problem. Sony listens has a very good track record. Finding out about sony listens is the hard part ;0. Good luck!
They're email adress is somewhere in this thread.. I just can't remember what page.
post #6379 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayoo456 View Post

I just ordered the nx720 55" because I can't find the nx810 for cheaper. Isn't the nx720 newer? Which is better?

nx 720 is 120 hz.. 810 is 240hz, 810 is rated as a much better unit. Newer isn't always better. I'm sure you'll like the 720.
post #6380 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do-It-Yourself View Post

This happened to me once, but I believe the cause was the televisions automatic system software update. I haven't been up to date on how often it updates, but yeah...

Yeah, It happens to Canadians that live in igloos.
post #6381 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

This is a new one. Most of the router issues were resolved by removing password protection, switching to mixed mode instead of N only. However, you're able to connect and can't get content, so you're proplem is very different than what we're used to seeing. Who is your IP provider?
Another venue you might try is "sony listens". Search for sony listens and send them email describing you're problem. Sony listens has a very good track record. Finding out about sony listens is the hard part ;0. Good luck!
They're email adress is somewhere in this thread.. I just can't remember what page.

Thank you for the idea and I just sent them an email. My TV and wireless connection worked fine until several weeks ago. Upon scanning the TV easily finds my SSID with a strong signal but in attempting to connect it reports "Wireless Device OK, Local Fail and Internet Fail." It does this even if I turn all security off. Oddly, it finds my neighbor's networks and can connect to them. Thank you for your help.
post #6382 of 6610
Try going into the router and changing the channel that it uses. You should find it under basic wireless settings. I think the default is 6 or 11, try channel 9 - it worked for me.
post #6383 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlobb2 View Post

Try going into the router and changing the channel that it uses. You should find it under basic wireless settings. I think the default is 6 or 11, try channel 9 - it worked for me.

Good thought but I have tried four different channels. Thanks,
post #6384 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecamp View Post
Good thought but I have tried four different channels. Thanks,
how would you be able to serve up content w/ no connection to your router??? no wonder you get those errors..


when you login there's an option at the top right 'thread tools" search this thread using keyword router and you'll get lots of hits. i believe linksys's can be fixed (for connection issues) by changing the mode to mixed or something like that. If all your devices connect to your router except the tv you might fix it by searching this thread or swapping the router. If you can't connect to your router its no surprise you're getting those messages.
post #6385 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecamp View Post

Thank you for the idea and I just sent them an email. My TV and wireless connection worked fine until several weeks ago. Upon scanning the TV easily finds my SSID with a strong signal but in attempting to connect it reports "Wireless Device OK, Local Fail and Internet Fail." It does this even if I turn all security off. Oddly, it finds my neighbor's networks and can connect to them. Thank you for your help.

I am getting this same problem, has anyone found a solution? Thanks
post #6386 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by merv43 View Post

I am getting this same problem, has anyone found a solution? Thanks

SonyListens referred me on to tech support 1-800-222-SONY. The adventure continues.
post #6387 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by merv43 View Post

I am getting this same problem, has anyone found a solution? Thanks

Tech support walked me through a factory reset and manual entry of the IP settings. All good now.
post #6388 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecamp View Post

Tech support walked me through a factory reset and manual entry of the IP settings. All good now.

Could you be a little bit more specific please? We'd like to add this to our knowladge base so other s don't have lto go thru Tech suppport and such.

1. factory Reset.
2. What was wrong w/ the I.P. and how did you fix it?

If you can do that it would help a lot of us.
Thx.
post #6389 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughh View Post

I do not have the same model TV, but most Sony 2010 models follow the same adjustment pattern. Here's how I adjust OVERSCAN on my SONY 60EX700.
It should be the same or at least pretty close:

On the remote control, hit HOME. Go to the menu all the way on the left, SETTINGS>Picture & Display>Screen>Auto Display OFF>Display Area FULL PIXEL. This adjustment must be made while you are tuned to a HiDef station.

While you are in the same sub-menu, turn OFF Ambient Sensor and watch tv with it OFF for a while. You may find that the pq is brighter and the colors are more natural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGjab View Post

Yeah just follow hughh's directions and that will prob fix your problem. Couldn't remember how to adjust it without being in front of tv.

It was the STB.. Actually it was "someones fault".. there's a button(pound sign/hash mark #) on the SET TOP BOX remote. When you press it it toggles between stretch, zoom etc. It's suposed to do that. I read the manual hit the # sign and I'm good again. -But, you were on the right track!, and I now have the info to shut the other crap off, or screw around with the settings as it works the same way for the 810.
post #6390 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post
Could you be a little bit more specific please? We'd like to add this to our knowladge base so other s don't have lto go thru Tech suppport and such.

1. factory Reset.
2. What was wrong w/ the I.P. and how did you fix it?

If you can do that it would help a lot of us.
Thx.
from memory:
on compter with the router run cmd: ipconfig and report results
press and hold "arrow up" on the remote
turn off TV (lower right side)
TV will cycle off/on and run through original setup screens beginning with language choce.
Run network setup but choose manual entry for IP address info
he told what to enter for IP, subnet, dns etc.
done
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810)