or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810) - Page 217

post #6481 of 6610
does anyone know what model replaced the nx810?
post #6482 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahby View Post

does anyone know what model replaced the nx810?

The NX720 is the newest in this model line but it is only a 120hz panel. I would look at the HX820. It's the closest thing to this set in 2011.
post #6483 of 6610
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kap_pot View Post

My NX810 does not connect to youtube playlists and subscriptions even though it plays the videos under favorites without any issues.
Does anyone know what is the problem and how to resolve this?

Smilar issue

I usually have to logout to You Tube app and re-login each time- get network error if I don't
post #6484 of 6610
In case anyone is looking for a new 46nx810, some Costco stores have them bundled with a 3d package (glasses and 3d movie) and emitter for $1099. Some Sony outlets may still have them too -- I got mine at the Sony outlet on Long Island NY two weeks ago for about $100 less than Costco. Unfortunately both only had 46 inch models.
post #6485 of 6610
Happy New Year everyone. Let me know if I missed any new 3d firmware fixes or what not. Still very little 3d content. Disapointing. Tron was great in 3D as was the swimsuit issue. Alice and Wonderlad was great too. 5k and a year and a half later still no freakin' content! - We should sue ..
post #6486 of 6610
Nothing new lately.

File Description UPDATE System Software Update Release Date 9/14/2011 Version 5.044 File Size 41.52 MB Sony has designed the BRAVIA® Television software update process to be customer friendly. This software update (version 5.044) provides the following benefits:
Improvements over version 5.042:
•Improved performance and stability of Internet features.

Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 5.044:
•Improves usability of the TV with 3D sources with updated function of the 3D button on the remote commander.
•Improves performance and stability of IPTV (Internet Protocol TV) features.
Note: IPTV allows you to enjoy HD (High Definition) programming from the Internet on your BRAVIA television that is connected to a broadband Internet connection.
•Adds support for future IPTV services.
•Adds support for the Hulu™ online video service.
Note: The Hulu service is only available in the United States.
•Adds support for 3D video from the Qriocity™ IPTV service.
Note: The Qriocity service is available only in the United States.
•Installs an updated version of the on-screen i-Manual built into the BRAVIA television.
post #6487 of 6610
anyone know if nx810 can be updated for skype!!!!!!!!! Slainte
post #6488 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluger View Post

anyone know if nx810 can be updated for skype!!!!!!!!! Slainte

Whats with the exlamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. We call them bangs or shrieks. No it can't be updated it's in one fo those faq's on sony.
post #6489 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlobb2 View Post

Nothing new lately.

File Description UPDATE System Software Update Release Date 9/14/2011 Version 5.044 File Size 41.52 MB Sony has designed the BRAVIA® Television software update process to be customer friendly. This software update (version 5.044) provides the following benefits:
Improvements over version 5.042:
Improved performance and stability of Internet features.

Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 5.044:
Improves usability of the TV with 3D sources with updated function of the 3D button on the remote commander.
Improves performance and stability of IPTV (Internet Protocol TV) features.
Note: IPTV allows you to enjoy HD (High Definition) programming from the Internet on your BRAVIA television that is connected to a broadband Internet connection.
Adds support for future IPTV services.
Adds support for the Hulu online video service.
Note: The Hulu service is only available in the United States.
Adds support for 3D video from the Qriocity IPTV service.
Note: The Qriocity service is available only in the United States.
Installs an updated version of the on-screen i-Manual built into the BRAVIA television.

Thanks. Every firmware update is for their IPTV or hulu. I joke about the 3d fixes via firmware for a little over a year now. But it won't stop me from asking in the future.
post #6490 of 6610
We are moving and I will have to remove the base from the TV. Its been a while since I attached these parts and I am wondering how I should go about it and if it is going to be difficult? I've got the 47" screen.
post #6491 of 6610
I just bought a used Sony 46NX810 and am looking for some recommended settings to tweak the picture. I noticed a link to a settings only forum, but the link is from 2010, and is long gone. There are 217 pages on the regular NX810
forum, and I got as far as page 5 and got tired of reading the arguments.
Can anyone recommend some settings? I have an old DVD that does not address anything beyond brightness and contrast. I'm looking for some guidance in backlight settings, etc.
post #6492 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbx007 View Post

Thanks. Every firmware update is for their IPTV or hulu. I joke about the 3d fixes via firmware for a little over a year now. But it won't stop me from asking in the future.

I am still looking also for the update to fix the crosstalk for the 3d but am enjoying it anyway.
post #6493 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaler View Post

I just bought a used Sony 46NX810 and am looking for some recommended settings to tweak the picture. I noticed a link to a settings only forum, but the link is from 2010, and is long gone. There are 217 pages on the regular NX810
forum, and I got as far as page 5 and got tired of reading the arguments.
Can anyone recommend some settings? I have an old DVD that does not address anything beyond brightness and contrast. I'm looking for some guidance in backlight settings, etc.

I own the same set you can try my settings or others here (2nd post for my settings)
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1312645
post #6494 of 6610
I picked up a 46NX810 display model from a Costco a couple of weeks ago. It prolly has about 30K+ hours on it and it is perfect in every way (no clouding, no flashlighting, good blacks, etc.). It's manufacture date is NOV2010. I've read through about 50 pages of this thread so far.

I mounted it on my bedroom wall with a LG LSB316 soundbar w/bluetooth subwoofer. My sources are Dishnet and Sony BluRay player. I am very happy with the PQ and sound.

One question I have is that after I went through the setup routine, I noticed intermittent relay clicking sounds coming from the TV when the TV was off. I did the full reset function (up button as power switch is turned off) and now the relay clicking noise has stopped. But, I have not set the time again. Does anyone know what the relay clicks are all about?

Also, since I bought the display model (no box, no paperwork) they gave me a RM-YD040 remote. This remote seems to work fine but it is different than the RM-YD036 remote that should have been supplied. Is there any reason why I should try and pickup a YD036 remote becuase it might add extra functionality?

And thanks for all the year+ info in this thread...
post #6495 of 6610
I would like to find a good web site where I can get a copy of the users manual for the KDL-46nx810 can't find mine!
post #6496 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbmmm View Post

I would like to find a good web site where I can get a copy of the users manual for the KDL-46nx810 can't find mine!

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...=3#/manualsTab
post #6497 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by axle71 View Post

I picked up a 46NX810 display model from a Costco a couple of weeks ago. It prolly has about 30K+ hours on it and it is perfect in every way (no clouding, no flashlighting, good blacks, etc.). It's manufacture date is NOV2010. I've read through about 50 pages of this thread so far.

I mounted it on my bedroom wall with a LG LSB316 soundbar w/bluetooth subwoofer. My sources are Dishnet and Sony BluRay player. I am very happy with the PQ and sound.

One question I have is that after I went through the setup routine, I noticed intermittent relay clicking sounds coming from the TV when the TV was off. I did the full reset function (up button as power switch is turned off) and now the relay clicking noise has stopped. But, I have not set the time again. Does anyone know what the relay clicks are all about?

Also, since I bought the display model (no box, no paperwork) they gave me a RM-YD040 remote. This remote seems to work fine but it is different than the RM-YD036 remote that should have been supplied. Is there any reason why I should try and pickup a YD036 remote becuase it might add extra functionality?

And thanks for all the year+ info in this thread...

Congrats on the purchase and welcome. You'll have to thank BEINSTEIN if he's still lives for starting the thread. All the documentation can be found online, and theres an I-manual built into the TV. Before springing for the YD036, look into the Logitech or any universal remote. You'd probably get more bang for the buck. Those relay clicks can be anything. I get them when my settop box goes on the fritz and starts shutting off every 3 minutes or so. It happens every now and then so I just unplug the stb and that has solved it.
Many have taken advantage of the 4yr extended warranty offered by SONY @ 40% off(If the link still works) listed in the second or 3rd post in the settings only page. You might want to check that out. Otherwise read the remaining 170+ posts and you can ignore most of mine as b-breaking is a hobby for me..
post #6498 of 6610

Weird that a company would have a link like that..
/perl/model-home.pl --has meaning in the software world. Its considered high-school experiment web training ;0
post #6499 of 6610
Theres a wire that the modem uses to communicate w/ the router sa most of you know. Yesterday I had to fix a network issue. Some companies netgear router went dead and so I went to investigate. the guy that reported the problem was on the phone w/ netgear before he gave up. they told him someone logged into his network and changed his modem settings so its not their problem. Well, the modem settings can't be changed. Anyway he's showing me that when he moves the router on his lap it works and when he puts it on hte desk it doesn't. I told him to wiggle the cat5 cable and tell me what happens. It wasn't 5 seconds before everyone on the floor heard they magic word. Moral of the story is those cables go bad over time, and if you move them around even quicker. Just a heads up..

Happy New Year Everyone. Let me know if I missed anything.
post #6500 of 6610
Is there a way to connect a pc wirelessly to the TV so that my computer's monitor displays on the TV?

I can do it using an HDMI cable.

My TV can get to Netflix to play YouTube and movies via my wireless router, but I haven't been able to get onto the internet itself on the TV.

Thanks, cb
post #6501 of 6610
Anyone still getting horrible ghosting with games and movies? it's quite annoying

read through, looks like it is the case. How has Sony not fixed the issue considering how many people still have it?
I ask this but the customer support was really rubbish when I tried to get those polarization filters awhile ago........
post #6502 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by abredt View Post

Is there a way to connect a pc wirelessly to the TV so that my computer's monitor displays on the TV?

I can do it using an HDMI cable.

My TV can get to Netflix to play YouTube and movies via my wireless router, but I haven't been able to get onto the internet itself on the TV.

Thanks, cb

You can stream so that what you see on your monitor appears on the TV.
If your asking if you can have your video card in your PC talk wirelessly to your TV then No. That would elimintate the need for PC monitor cables and allow one to spark up the PC and throw a monitor wherever and whirl away..would be great but no not just yet. Stream or cables.
BTW theres no web browser built into the TV so how would you access the web?
post #6503 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoglog View Post

Anyone still getting horrible ghosting with games and movies? it's quite annoying

read through, looks like it is the case. How has Sony not fixed the issue considering how many people still have it?
I ask this but the customer support was really rubbish when I tried to get those polarization filters awhile ago........

Those filters had no effect for me. There isn't much content out there since Tron and cablevision hasn't broadcast anything in a long time. If I knew 3-d content would be so sparse in 2012 I'd have ignored it. Watching the 3 movies or so was great but I could have watched them at best buy, bought a non-3d unit and saved a few grand.
post #6504 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoglog View Post

Anyone still getting horrible ghosting with games and movies? it's quite annoying

read through, looks like it is the case. How has Sony not fixed the issue considering how many people still have it?
I ask this but the customer support was really rubbish when I tried to get those polarization filters awhile ago........

I have had ghosting since I took this TV home!!!!!!! but mainly only on my 3d SBS.mvk files (side by side, or over-under) .
On regular blu-ray 3d movies it is mostly good.

I have noticed that Sony added some ability to adjust for the 3d ghosting in some games that kind of makes it go away and refuses to give us that adjusting ability within the TV!!!!!

I believe Sony purposely trashes the play back of 3d SBS and 3d over-under, and will never let anyone get perfect 3d or near perfect like blu-ray 3d play Playback while trying to play back these files!! Any Sony also!!!!

I had a Panasonic 3d plasma that played these files near perfect and I should have kept it just to watch 3d, and purchased another set for computer, game and and walking in front of it.

I also just purchased a $600 Dynex 55" TV (not 3d) and that TV is pretty darn good, maybe not as smooth as this Sony, but for the money it is great!!!

If you need 3d SBS.mvk file playback near perfect, the best is Panasonic 3d plasma hands down. Just dont play 3d video games, lots of burn in is what I got from it when playing 3d games (a major reason I sent it back, but now kind of sorry I did).

Best of luck!
post #6505 of 6610
FYI, the Narnia version of the 3D Starter Pack (with 2 pairs of 250 glasses) is currently $45 off retail (need to add to cart to see the price), free shipping:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...rter_Pack.html

Still lovin' the NX810...
post #6506 of 6610
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some new tv but I'm little confused.I like sony tv's,I know hx920 best but it little expensive for me.I was thinking to buy 55nx720 but today I saw 55nx810 on the internet and it's 600 $ cheaper than nx720.My problem begins here.

I saw nx720 on store and liked it but I have not seen nx810 nowhere.My time is limited because nx810 left only few.3D isn't very important for me,I'm gamer and also good gamer.In this case which one should I take.Your ideas important for me,respects...
post #6507 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by baryburton View Post

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some new tv but I'm little confused.I like sony tv's,I know hx920 best but it little expensive for me.I was thinking to buy 55nx720 but today I saw 55nx810 on the internet and it's 600 $ cheaper than nx720.My problem begins here.

I saw nx720 on store and liked it but I have not seen nx810 nowhere.My time is limited because nx810 left only few.3D isn't very important for me,I'm gamer and also good gamer.In this case which one should I take.Your ideas important for me,respects...

You can start by doing a Goggle and reading some authoritative reviewed such as CNET:

http://reviews.cnet.com/2300-33355_7...-5.html?s=1&o=

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...-34163802.html

There are other reviews that you can easily find within Google.

As to which one is best for you, only you can determine what is more important and which is a better value.

Good luck and keep us posted.
post #6508 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by baryburton View Post

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some new tv but I'm little confused.I like sony tv's,I know hx920 best but it little expensive for me.I was thinking to buy 55nx720 but today I saw 55nx810 on the internet and it's 600 $ cheaper than nx720.My problem begins here.

I saw nx720 on store and liked it but I have not seen nx810 nowhere.My time is limited because nx810 left only few.3D isn't very important for me,I'm gamer and also good gamer.In this case which one should I take.Your ideas important for me,respects...

Nx810 is an excellent tv. What size screen? The 60" sets get the best reviews.
post #6509 of 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfran1 View Post

I have had ghosting since I took this TV home!!!!!!! but mainly only on my 3d SBS.mvk files (side by side, or over-under) .
On regular blu-ray 3d movies it is mostly good.

I have noticed that Sony added some ability to adjust for the 3d ghosting in some games that kind of makes it go away and refuses to give us that adjusting ability within the TV!!!!!

I believe Sony purposely trashes the play back of 3d SBS and 3d over-under, and will never let anyone get perfect 3d or near perfect like blu-ray 3d play Playback while trying to play back these files!! Any Sony also!!!!

I had a Panasonic 3d plasma that played these files near perfect and I should have kept it just to watch 3d, and purchased another set for computer, game and and walking in front of it.

I also just purchased a $600 Dynex 55" TV (not 3d) and that TV is pretty darn good, maybe not as smooth as this Sony, but for the money it is great!!!

If you need 3d SBS.mvk file playback near perfect, the best is Panasonic 3d plasma hands down. Just dont play 3d video games, lots of burn in is what I got from it when playing 3d games (a major reason I sent it back, but now kind of sorry I did).

Best of luck!

Dunno, my 3D blu-rays still have ghosting. What you're probably witnessing are different brightness settings and darkness of the movies. As people have pointed out, you get significantly more ghosting in dark scenes... which is pretty prominent in uncharted.

It's kind of rubbish if it's true Sony denies it's an issue with this set. The only solution I've seen from another poster on this forum is to get another TV. message noted sony
post #6510 of 6610
I just looked and saw my 46NX810 has been updated to PKG5.046AAS which is up from verison 5.044 the latter is also still the only thing showing on the Sony website;
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...3#/downloadTab

Anyone else notice and or have any idea what this fixes or adds? I had to update internet content on my TV and I think there is some new content under video but its been a while since i looked so im not sure.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony Bravia KDL NX810 owners' thread (60NX810, 55NX810, 46NX810)