or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Premier Acoustic PA-150
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Premier Acoustic PA-150 - Page 2

post #31 of 114
Finally wrapped up my family room & home theater project, and thanks to some bad work planning by superiors I had most of the day today to get everything wired and configured.

I have my PA-150 running thru a Pioneer VSX1120-K, with a Def Tech SSA-50 soundbar, and spent good hour double checking manual speaker sizes, placements and settings before running disc.

Ended up w/ the crossover @ 100, sub out at -5bB, and volume on the back of the sub @ 4.

Once pretty comfortable, I thew Incredible Hulk BD in my player and went to the obligatory 'Sonic Cannon' scene w/ the volume on moderate and enjoyed dialog and action like I'd never heard before. To actually feel the cannons kick in and shake the floor, seat and window blinds was amazing.

Then I switched to some music and found the Bass a bit overwhelming so I think I need to setup a different profile for music vs. movies.

That's as far as I got before the Wiffer got home.

Now, the PA-150 is my first subwoofer but I can honestly say I'm not disappointed at all. The fact I got it for $270 shipped as a displaced PL-200 buyer, doesn't hurt either.

James
post #32 of 114
Now that some time has passed any additional thoughts on the pa-150?
post #33 of 114
Read Josh Ricci's excellent review. That should help considerably.

The BIC PL-200 is also reviewed. The PL-200 is one of the most highly recommended under $300 subs. Owners of the PL-200 indicate that it is clearly better than the BIC F12 that they previously owned.
post #34 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwinkler View Post

Read Josh Ricci's excellent review. That should help considerably.

The BIC PL-200 is also reviewed. The PL-200 is one of the most highly recommended under $300 subs. Owners of the PL-200 indicate that it is clearly better than the BIC F12 that they previously owned.

It looks like the PA-150 handily outperforms the PL-200 based on Josh's findings, so it seems it's certainly a great option for around $350.
post #35 of 114
^
post #36 of 114
I'm still extremely pleased w/ my PA-150 purchase.

I did end up running my system thru the MCACC setup in June, then bumped the Sub up a bit for my own personal preference, and haven't touched it since.

Find it to be more than successful in providing quality base for both HT and Music, with some Bluray scenes shaking both our family room and the adjoining kitchen.

I'll check my setup numbers, if interested, next time I can pry mf family away from the tube.

James
post #37 of 114
@nclion

So, do you think a $300.00 offer will fly for a PA-150?
post #38 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

@nclion

So, do you think a $300.00 offer will fly for a PA-150?

I doubt. I think the best I have seen is $350 and the guy bought two.
post #39 of 114
Wanted to followup on my PA-150. I have the sub in my mostly complete basement media area and I have been impressed with the performance of this sub vs my eD A2-300. In fact I would say the PA-150 seems to be outperform it in the higher frequency ranges. It also looks much nicer

That said, I went with a more open floor plan than I originally planned (over 5000 cubic sq ft) and the PA-150 and A2-300 are just not going to cut it for me. So I am most likely going to sell them both and either go DIY and build two 15" or 18" or buy something like an HSU 15H or Epik Empire to start then add a second down the road.

Make no mistake the PA-150 hold me over until I decide. I am very much impressed with it and would recommend it for the price to performance value.
post #40 of 114
@ ack_bk

You were correct, I went with my original offer and the response (very quick) was $349.00 shipped.

So, I am here looking for a coin to help to decide what to do.........
post #41 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

@ ack_bk

You were correct, I went with my original offer and the response (very quick) was $349.00 shipped.

So, I am here looking for a coin to help to decide what to do.........

where did u go to make offer? Can't find on their site
post #42 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez81 View Post

where did u go to make offer? Can't find on their site

Use the link below:

http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/c...r.cfm?pid=1825

Have fun!
post #43 of 114
i tried 325....countered with 349.00 for PA-150
post #44 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc88keyz View Post

i tried 325....countered with 349.00 for PA-150

Ha...I offered 310.00 and they told me $349 delivered....
post #45 of 114
I will try 306.00 i a few minutes.
post #46 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc88keyz View Post

I will try 306.00 i a few minutes.

Keep us posted!
post #47 of 114
hopefully you could sense the sarcasm in my voice as you read that in your head. lol

The dimensions are brutal on that thing.
post #48 of 114
Yeah, specially offering even less in your second offer. Yep, it is huge. That's the mean reason I'm still not sure on buying it. One huge PA-150 or two PA-120.

Are you going to pull the trigger?
post #49 of 114
oh i dont know im still rocking a velo CT120 from 1999-2000. I have about $120 bucks pending from Mr._Rebates ...so i might sit tight for a while. depends on which way the wind blows. I never would have started researching subs if the energy s10.3 was just on sale for 199 like its supposed to be. I dont know why newegg plays games with me all the time.
post #50 of 114
I picked up the PA-150 last month. It's a beast, love it, 7000 cubic foot room (Open living/dining/kitchen). Watched a few scenes from Underworld Awakening while waiting on the commercials of Monday night football, neighbors across the street came over said it sounded like thunder was coming from my house lol! For my size room I could use more as in I need at least one more sub to even the space, loudness is there. This thing is a beast @ 350 I'd pay much more for it.
post #51 of 114
Just ordered mine!
post #52 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by theben07 View Post

Just ordered mine!
Good choice. You should post this in your own thread also to let the people that have tried to help you know.
Edited by Bond 007 - 12/5/12 at 6:58pm
post #53 of 114
I was looking to buy a dual subs for my home theater setup and came across this sub.

I don't see a lot of people talking much about this sub within this thread. Is it still any good?

I like the fact that it is a 15 inch driver but the amp rating at 300w continuous is a little disappointing. But maybe having 2 or 3 of these subs may not be so weak in the power rating. My room is consider large at 28ft (L) x 19ft (W) x 9ft (H). I am looking at 15 inch subs because I hear it will produce stronger bass and you get the "Chest Thump" feeling. It suppose to make a lot more air than the 12 inch or smaller driver subs.

However, the price for this sub is ridiculous low!!
post #54 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaraydesign View Post

I was looking to buy a dual subs for my home theater setup and came across this sub.
I don't see a lot of people talking much about this sub within this thread. Is it still any good?
I like the fact that it is a 15 inch driver but the amp rating at 300w continuous is a little disappointing. But maybe having 2 or 3 of these subs may not be so weak in the power rating. My room is consider large at 28ft (L) x 19ft (W) x 9ft (H). I am looking at 15 inch subs because I hear it will produce stronger bass and you get the "Chest Thump" feeling. It suppose to make a lot more air than the 12 inch or smaller driver subs.
However, the price for this sub is ridiculous low!!

I would not worry about the amp. The sub is an output monster and a pair of them should do well in your room for this price range.

For the money, I would either get a paid of PA-150's or a pair of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882780078

The PA-150 will have more output and the Klipsch will most likely be able to play a little lower. Trade-offs smile.gif
post #55 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

I would not worry about the amp. The sub is an output monster and a pair of them should do well in your room for this price range.
For the money, I would either get a paid of PA-150's or a pair of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882780078
The PA-150 will have more output and the Klipsch will most likely be able to play a little lower. Trade-offs smile.gif


ok, thanks for your great information!

I will look at more options for my dual sub setup.
post #56 of 114
Two of the PA 150's should fill a very large space.
post #57 of 114
ok, there is a seller on Amazon who is selling this sub after LESS than 1 hour. I wonder if there is something not so good about this sub.
post #58 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaraydesign View Post

ok, there is a seller on Amazon who is selling this sub after LESS than 1 hour. I wonder if there is something not so good about this sub.

I would trust Josh Ricci anyway than some random person on Amazon Martketplace.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1350647/premier-acoustic-pa-150-data-bass-test-results
post #59 of 114
sup everyone,

Im new on this forum, My name is Billy and I just got my PA-150 , but I couldnt figure how to use it, cuz it come with RCA wire... red and white, Can this SUB used sub in and sub out ?? I dont understand with this RCA wire??



my receiver is pioneer elite-52 and they used just 1 sub in wire. Can anyone let me know how to connect the PA-150 to my elite 52. I just dont want to burn out my sub or reciver. Thank you very much


BTW the pl-200 dont have to used RCA wire, dont understand why the pa -150 used RCA????
post #60 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxIcantSleepxX View Post

sup everyone,

Im new on this forum, My name is Billy and I just got my PA-150 , but I couldnt figure how to use it, cuz it come with RCA wire... red and white, Can this SUB used sub in and sub out ?? I dont understand with this RCA wire??
Just use one portion of that RCA wire, either the red or the white. Better yet, buy a quality subwoofer/RCA cable as the one included with the sub is likely very cheap and very short.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Premier Acoustic PA-150