or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › LG bd-530
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LG bd-530 - Page 8

post #211 of 433
Should I trade this in for a BD570? if so, why?
post #212 of 433
Has anybody been able to connect to "Picasa"??

I can connect to "YouTube" and "Weather".. but not "Picasa"?? I keep getting network busy message??

avid

PS: Am I going to have to add a Thumb drive to get things to work correctly on this drive as I have had to on other BluRay players? {{And no I have not taken the time the read the manual}}
post #213 of 433
HELP! what do all the audio options mean?

sampling frequency?
Do I have to worry about anything higher than 48 kHz?

dts passthrough?
DTS re encode?
PCM multi-channel?
post #214 of 433
Recently bought the BD530 for an Christmas gift, trying to research online but can't find a straight answer, does the BD530 support any wireless USB adapters?

I know LG makes one for their TVs;

http://www.amazon.com/LG-AN-WF100-Wi.../dp/B003F9HH2W

Is anyone using an adapter to connect to their internet, if so, which one?

Thanks!
post #215 of 433
I can confirm that remuxing a 5.1 profile MVK with mkvmerge does not make it playable, but using tsmuxer and manually changing the profile to 4.1 works great.
post #216 of 433
I have used this Blu Ray player for more than a week and it plays the following without any issues directly from Blue Ray disc as well as DVD, CD and USB
post #217 of 433
BD530

Currrent firmware online for d/l

Firmware update for BD550
1. Update to newest firmware

2. Firmware Version :BD4.874.00


My daughter has the BD530 and its played blu-ray, dvd, mkv, avi without a problem so far.

It does not support wireless the BD570 does that. I also have the BD570 which is working well playing the same formats above for me.
post #218 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss1241 View Post

Recently bought the BD530 for an Christmas gift, trying to research online but can't find a straight answer, does the BD530 support any wireless USB adapters?

I know LG makes one for their TVs;

http://www.amazon.com/LG-AN-WF100-Wi.../dp/B003F9HH2W

Is anyone using an adapter to connect to their internet, if so, which one?

Thanks!

nope sorry

you best bet to make it wireless is us tomato or dd-wrt
i use dd-wrt http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index
i had an old lynksis router. so my 530 is now wireless
post #219 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune76 View Post

HELP! what do all the audio options mean?

sampling frequency?
Do I have to worry about anything higher than 48 kHz?

dts passthrough?
DTS re encode?
PCM multi-channel?

unless youre an audiophile you dont need to mess with these options

Do I have to worry about anything higher than 48 kHz? Nope. if your reciever can handle more and you want better quality.

dts passthrough? sends dts to be decoded by your receiver instead on your player to decode.
DTS re encode? downcoverts to mp3 or pcm
PCM multi-channel? usually pcm is 2.0 2 channels
post #220 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEC View Post

Has anybody been able to connect to "Picasa"??

I can connect to "YouTube" and "Weather".. but not "Picasa"?? I keep getting network busy message??

avid

PS: Am I going to have to add a Thumb drive to get things to work correctly on this drive as I have had to on other BluRay players? {{And no I have not taken the time the read the manual}}

idk..i dont use picasa and dont want to.
usb drives are need for bd-live and something other internet apps. since they save to the thumbdrive...think of it as ram. try it.
post #221 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune76 View Post

Should I trade this in for a BD570? if so, why?

thats a horrible question.
if youre going to upgrade. upgrade to something better. most people that bought this player was because of the price.
I dont care much about internet apps. it plays all my sd movies and all compatible hd movies. and your regular optical discs.

this player is meant for people on a budget that want a decent player. if you want your player to be wireless or have more apps or be more responsive be prepared to drop down some more money
post #222 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by 257Tony View Post

I can confirm that remuxing a 5.1 profile MVK with mkvmerge does not make it playable, but using tsmuxer and manually changing the profile to 4.1 works great.

Really?

Shoot I wonder why it still just spits out bad files for me..
No matter what I try, even though it'll play it only plays something jarbled
post #223 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEC View Post

Has anybody been able to connect to "Picasa"??

I can connect to "YouTube" and "Weather".. but not "Picasa"?? I keep getting network busy message??

avid

PS: Am I going to have to add a Thumb drive to get things to work correctly on this drive as I have had to on other BluRay players? {{And no I have not taken the time the read the manual}}

Connects to Picasa on mine (which is nice because I use Picasa as my backup for all photos), however I can't get the firmware update to ever download even though my network connectivity is fine. Elsewhere in this thread someone said to keep trying the download, however I haven't found a thing the BD530 can't play with the stock firmware that came on it, so do I really need to update?
post #224 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune76 View Post

Really?

Shoot I wonder why it still just spits out bad files for me..
No matter what I try, even though it'll play it only plays something jarbled

Are you saying that it happens to ALL the files you try to "convert" using tsmuxer??? It sounds very suspicious!

Let's go over the steps one more time: say you have an mkv with prifile 5.1, so you will open it in tsmuxer. In there the only option you need to change is the profile number (change to 4.1). Lately I'm using "Demux" option for the output in tsmuxer (it will create .264 video file, separate file with audio track and separate subtitles if you have them in your original mkv file). Then I take those separated audio and video are using mkvmerge create mkv file again -- I just have to specify correct FPS for my .264 file (mkvmerge will actually give you a warning about that).

But before you go to mkvmerge, here's something else you can check: after "Demux" process, take .264 file and try to play it on your computer (I'm using KMPlayer for example) -- see if video looks clear in there. If all the colors are messed up in there -- no point of taking files into mkvmerge. In that case (if you get that result with ALL your files) -- you should probably try re-installing codec pack. Good luck...
post #225 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenCJedi View Post
Connects to Picasa on mine (which is nice because I use Picasa as my backup for all photos), however I can't get the firmware update to ever download even though my network connectivity is fine. Elsewhere in this thread someone said to keep trying the download, however I haven't found a thing the BD530 can't play with the stock firmware that came on it, so do I really need to update?
if it aint broke....

since lg hasnt specified what the updates do or have....dont. once you experience problems then try updating.
post #226 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune76 View Post
Really?

Shoot I wonder why it still just spits out bad files for me..
No matter what I try, even though it'll play it only plays something jarbled
well i think at this point its user error. its been confirmed many times that it works. with VARIOUS methods.
its you or your player is defective. id say go exchange

if you upload your files here..or a sample, OTHERS can confirm it working. but untill you do you're on your own
post #227 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by transitoryspace View Post
well i think at this point its user error. its been confirmed many times that it works. with VARIOUS methods.
its you or your player is defective. id say go exchange

if you upload your files here..or a sample, OTHERS can confirm it working. but untill you do you're on your own
I'm going to try a new player but I've tried every method people tell me. The video files play fine on my computer just not on the bluray player
post #228 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by creator2000 View Post
Are you saying that it happens to ALL the files you try to "convert" using tsmuxer??? It sounds very suspicious!

Let's go over the steps one more time: say you have an mkv with prifile 5.1, so you will open it in tsmuxer. In there the only option you need to change is the profile number (change to 4.1). Lately I'm using "Demux" option for the output in tsmuxer (it will create .264 video file, separate file with audio track and separate subtitles if you have them in your original mkv file). Then I take those separated audio and video are using mkvmerge create mkv file again -- I just have to specify correct FPS for my .264 file (mkvmerge will actually give you a warning about that).

But before you go to mkvmerge, here's something else you can check: after "Demux" process, take .264 file and try to play it on your computer (I'm using KMPlayer for example) -- see if video looks clear in there. If all the colors are messed up in there -- no point of taking files into mkvmerge. In that case (if you get that result with ALL your files) -- you should probably try re-installing codec pack. Good luck...
Yes everytime I've tried it with tsmuxer it's had the same problem.
But they play fine on my computer.

I'm using the GUI version of tsmuxer
post #229 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune76 View Post
Yes everytime I've tried it with tsmuxer it's had the same problem.
But they play fine on my computer.

I'm using the GUI version of tsmuxer
Have you tried yet to play .264 file on your computer after running tsmuxer process in "Demux" output mode??? Is THAT file looks OK?
post #230 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by creator2000 View Post

Have you tried yet to play .264 file on your computer after running tsmuxer process in "Demux" output mode??? Is THAT file looks OK?

Yes
post #231 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune76 View Post

Yes

Is there ANY mkv file that works / plays OK on your BR player???
post #232 of 433
So is there a firmware update available on their website anywhere yet for this player?
post #233 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by creator2000 View Post

Is there ANY mkv file that works / plays OK on your BR player???

Ya tons just not the ones encoded 4.2 or higher
post #234 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune76 View Post

Ya tons just not the ones encoded 4.2 or higher

I guess at this point you need to upload a sample file as someone had suggested earlier -- if none of us can reproduce your problem with the our files that's the only option left... By now I've converted more than 10 files using method described above (tsmuxer change to 4.1 -> "Demux" output from tsmuxer -> re-creating mkv with mkvmerge) and not once it failed!
post #235 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by creator2000 View Post

I guess at this point you need to upload a sample file as someone had suggested earlier -- if none of us can reproduce your problem with the our files that's the only option left... By now I've converted more than 10 files using method described above (tsmuxer change to 4.1 -> "Demux" output from tsmuxer -> re-creating mkv with mkvmerge) and not once it failed!

let him be. hate to sound mean. But he needs to get a new player and quit whining. Its proven then it works using the methods described here and else where. Since he cant and will not upload the sample files we cant help him. K lets move on.
post #236 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by transitoryspace View Post

let him be. hate to sound mean. But he needs to get a new player and quit whining. Its proven then it works using the methods described here and else where. Since he cant and will not upload the sample files we cant help him. K lets move on.

What the hell is your problem? If you don't want to help then fine, but I'm not whining I have every right to want stuff to work. Geez. That's great it works for you, it's not working for me, that's not my fault. I'm going to try a different player.

"cant and will not" upload sample files? When did I say that? Sheesh.

I'm not going to do it right away though.


Please tell me what version of the programs you are using, if it matters. What frame rate are you using?

How do I upload a sample file without getting in trouble for "Sharing copyrighted material" and what not?
post #237 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by transitoryspace View Post

unless youre an audiophile you dont need to mess with these options

Do I have to worry about anything higher than 48 kHz? Nope. if your reciever can handle more and you want better quality.

dts passthrough? sends dts to be decoded by your receiver instead on your player to decode.
DTS re encode? downcoverts to mp3 or pcm
PCM multi-channel? usually pcm is 2.0 2 channels

Does the BD530 decode DTS by itself or does it need a receiver?

Say I was hooking it through one of those soundbars, what setting would I choose?
post #238 of 433
just doing some tests I'm seeing that the m2ts files are the ones that play and are jarbled,
the remuxed .mkv files will kind of (?) be allowed to play but just hang at the blue/white background.

Does it take a while to load or something?
post #239 of 433
I think we should consider a thread specific for mkv discussion for this player.
post #240 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli Tha Don View Post

So is there a firmware update available on their website anywhere yet for this player?

Yes. On the LG website, under the bd530 page, click on support and then driver and downloads page. The latest firmware is the last link. 4.874
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › LG bd-530