So in summary (re the different interfaces) it seems like there are FIVE different interfaces floating around??
1. The UI that was in all the previews and vid from the official Playstation blog (it also seems like this is the one that most people have). I have this.
2. The one that harbong has above which has the nav on the right hand side and video previews directly in the UI when rolling over titles.
3. The more "simple" one that pixelman has which is more like a straight directory navigation style.
4. The one shown in the engadget post which has full screen video browse capability directly accessible even while a video is shown.
5. Toografik4u's screen which is very similar to pixelman's but instead of having just a grid of selectable buttons, he has cover art displayed on the main screen.
My Netflix (US) changed to this around 1.5 weeks ago.
"Example Short 23.976 Burned In Timecode" has 5.1 speaker test patterns by the way; I remember people unsure whether they were getting true 5.1.