or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › *Official* Popcorn Hour PCH-C200 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*Official* Popcorn Hour PCH-C200 Owners Thread - Page 5

post #121 of 554
Has anyone made NMJ work properly on the 200 with Multiple Network Shares? My Synology NAS will not aggregate all Movies, Music, and Photos on one share without breaking several features built into the NAS, so it shares out each of these individually to the PCH. It makes no sense that you have to navigate to the share, then hit the red button to get NMJ for movies, exit out, navigate to the music share, hit the music button to get the music. Am I missing something here or will it really not mount more than one network share and aggregate into one database?

I just got the box so I would appreciate some help from the experts!
post #122 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd View Post

Yes. The PCH can act as the server to the Boxee Box. You can just add those as sources in the BBox. In the PCH you should check that the NMT server app is running.Go to preferences, etc ....

Philip

Alright, sir. I'm running Windows 7 with the latest C-200 FW. I have a 80GB 2.5" installed inside the C-200, and can now browse that internal HDD, but I still have not been able to see my external USB HDDs. As I said in my previous post, I have 3 x 2TB HDDs where all my video content is located.

Any advice?

Also, I just installed the SH-B083 BD-ROM inside my C-200, after installing its bundled Cyberlink software and and upgrading its FW on my PC. It powers on in the C-200 but then its LED flashes for a few seconds, goes solid for another 10, and then shuts off. At no point, does the onscreen menu recognize that there is a disc in the drive.

I am using an American retail disc - Firefly: The Complete Series - Disc 2, if that's important...

Thanks, all.

EDIT:
BD problem resolved. This networking thing is a bitch, though...
post #123 of 554
This is my first attempt at YAMJ for my PCH C-200, I am able to generate my "index.htm" file and all is well accept for one small detail........ The info and cover art do not point to the video itself. So, I can see the cover art and the details of each title but cannot play the movie. When I hit play, the C-200 goes to a black screen for about two seconds, then right back to the movie info. Any ideas on what I may have missed? Thank you in advance for any help.
post #124 of 554
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_E View Post
This is my first attempt at YAMJ for my PCH C-200, I am able to generate my "index.htm" file and all is well accept for one small detail........ The info and cover art do not point to the video itself. So, I can see the cover art and the details of each title but cannot play the movie. When I hit play, the C-200 goes to a black screen for about two seconds, then right back to the movie info. Any ideas on what I may have missed? Thank you in advance for any help.
Yup, your share paths are not set up correctly. What does your My_Library.xml look like? Where is your media stored?
post #125 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Yup, your share paths are not set up correctly. What does your My_Library.xml look like? Where is your media stored?
Wow! That has to be a record for fastest reply.... My media is stored on a test folder on a networked Windows 7 machine.

My_Library.xml =




E:\\Jukebox Test Folder
file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/Jukebox Test Folder/Jukebox Test Folder/

Jukebox Test

true
post #126 of 554
Thread Starter 
Is the name of the share that you access on the C-200 also "Jukebox Test Folder"?
post #127 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Is the name of the share that you access on the C-200 also "Jukebox Test Folder"?

Yes, it is.
post #128 of 554
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_E View Post
Yes, it is.
For this:

E:\\Jukebox Test Folder

Try using a UNC path instead of letter (using the letter never worked for me)
post #129 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
For this:

E:\\Jukebox Test Folder

Try using a UNC path instead of letter (using the letter never worked for me)
I am sorry, I am not familiar with that. The only UNC I know are Tar Heels Could you give me an example of what a UNC path would look like for a Windows 7 share? Thanks again for the help.
post #130 of 554
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_E View Post
I am sorry, I am not familiar with that. The only UNC I know are Tar Heels Could you give me an example of what a UNC path would look like for a Windows 7 share? Thanks again for the help.
UNC path would be the name of your computer follows by the share name. So for example, my shared videos I have assigned as my X: drive on my PC, so it would look similar to yours:

X:\\Videos

However, the UNC path would be:

\\\\MyServer\\Videos

So your UNC path would be "\\\\YourWin7PCName\\ShareFOlderName"

If you are using the YAMG GUI tool an easy way to do this, when you browse to the location of your movies go through Network - > Workgroup. You should eventually see your PC and the shared folder, and once you select it should automatically fill in the UNC path. Below is an example of mine




Code:
[sourcecode language="normal"]
<<!- Library file generated by Omertron's GUI Config ->


[/sourcecode]
[sourcecode language="normal"]



\\\\\\\\Shawshank\\Videos\\TV Shows
file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/my videos/TV Shows/

TV Shows

true


[/sourcecode]
post #131 of 554
I ordered a NetGear NeoTV 550 as a less expensive alternative to the PCH-200 but it still hasn't shipped and now I'm hearing they are going to force Cinavia DRM support into it, so now I'm back to considering the PCH-200. I find I have a number of questions that just aren't covered in the products web pages.

I'm hoping to use this to play ripped images of discs that I currently play in my Oppo BDP-80 Blu-Ray player (keeping the Oppo for playing SACDs and DVD-Audios) plus audio files. These file formats include:

Blu-Rays (with full menus and DTS HD Master/Dolby Digital True HD)
DVDs (with full menus and DTS/Dolby Digital)
AVCHD-encoded DVDs
DTS-encoded CDs (ripped to 44.1kHz/16-bit FLAC files)
Standard Audio CDs (ripped to 44.1kHz/16-bit FLAC files)
Audiophile files (24-bit FLAC files at 44.1, 96 or 192 kHz)

Will the PCH-200 be able to play all of these? Will it play audio files "gaplessly" (important for concert albums)?

Does anybody know if there are any plans to include Cinavia support in the PCH-200 (I hope not!)?

I'm planning on playing these with SATA drives in a USB 2.0 docking station (though I wish the PCH-200 had eSATA support like the 550) and don't plan on connecting it to my wired home network. Can I do the "scraping" for artwork for movies and albums while the drive is connected to my PC using some Windows-based application? Or do I need to manually edit XML files? Or what?

And, of course, who is selling this for less than full MSRP? (Hey, it's worth asking, right?)

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies!
post #132 of 554
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryElbow View Post

I ordered a NetGear NeoTV 550 as a less expensive alternative to the PCH-200 but it still hasn't shipped and now I'm hearing they are going to force Cinavia DRM support into it, so now I'm back to considering the PCH-200. I find I have a number of questions that just aren't covered in the products web pages.

I'm hoping to use this to play ripped images of discs that I currently play in my Oppo BDP-80 Blu-Ray player (keeping the Oppo for playing SACDs and DVD-Audios) plus audio files. These file formats include:

Blu-Rays (with full menus and DTS HD Master/Dolby Digital True HD)
DVDs (with full menus and DTS/Dolby Digital)
AVCHD-encoded DVDs
DTS-encoded CDs (ripped to 44.1kHz/16-bit FLAC files)
Standard Audio CDs (ripped to 44.1kHz/16-bit FLAC files)
Audiophile files (24-bit FLAC files at 44.1, 96 or 192 kHz)

Will the PCH-200 be able to play all of these? Will it play audio files "gaplessly" (important for concert albums)?

Does anybody know if there are any plans to include Cinavia support in the PCH-200 (I hope not!)?

I'm planning on playing these with SATA drives in a USB 2.0 docking station (though I wish the PCH-200 had eSATA support like the 550) and don't plan on connecting it to my wired home network. Can I do the "scraping" for artwork for movies and albums while the drive is connected to my PC using some Windows-based application? Or do I need to manually edit XML files? Or what?

And, of course, who is selling this for less than full MSRP? (Hey, it's worth asking, right?)

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies!

I am not a music guy so can't answer those (although I don't think gapless playback is supported). As far as your video files the PCH C200 will handle those.

The Cinavia question, well....my understanding is that eventually any manufacturer that wants a BDA license will need to support Cinavia. So currently the PCH nor the Dune support CInavia, but my guess it is only a matter of time. The way around it will be to go with a player that does not support an internal/external drive and then Cinavia won't be an issue

Periodically Amazon has the C-200 for less then MSRP (just checked and currently they don't).

As far as metadata the C-200 does have its own juekbox (NMJ) that you can run directly from the C-200 without the need for a PC. I think there is also a jukebox called oversight that does this as well. I use YAMJ + Aeon which does require a PC (not an issue for me as I have it set up on my server which is where my movies are)
post #133 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

As far as metadata the C-200 does have its own juekbox (NMJ) that you can run directly from the C-200 without the need for a PC. I think there is also a jukebox called oversight that does this as well. I use YAMJ + Aeon which does require a PC (not an issue for me as I have it set up on my server which is where my movies are)

Thanks for the helpful reply!

I've seen references to YAMJ in other posts here. Is this something that comes with the C-200 or do you get it elsewhere? And where do you get Aeon and/or Oversight?
post #134 of 554
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryElbow View Post

Thanks for the helpful reply!

I've seen references to YAMJ in other posts here. Is this something that comes with the C-200 or do you get it elsewhere? And where do you get Aeon and/or Oversight?

Oversight

YAMJ + Aeon
post #135 of 554
For those of you that have used Oversight, how good do you find it?
post #136 of 554
Thread Starter 
Latest beta fw just released, PCH C-200 now supports forced subtitles in mkvs (as long as they are flagged as forced). Now you can keep subtitles turned off and the forced subs will appear
post #137 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Thank you sir, you are a font of useful information!

Now if only I could find an "audio guy" to answer my audio-related questions!
post #138 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Latest beta fw just released, PCH C-200 now supports forced subtitles in mkvs (as long as they are flagged as forced). Now you can keep subtitles turned off and the forced subs will appear
I haven't used my C200 in a while since messing with my Boxee Boxes. I guess I need to cheak it out. Thanks.
post #139 of 554
gapless music playback works for flac, wav and mp3 files
post #140 of 554
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHarOn99 View Post

gapless music playback works for flac, wav and mp3 files

There is also a fix in the latest beta fw:

Code:
Fixed regression in MP3 playlist gapless playback
post #141 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

For those of you that have used Oversight, how good do you find it?

Oversight is fantastic. Easy to set up, has watched folders, manages network shares easily, can be operated from the media player or from any device with a browser.

Philip
post #142 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHarOn99 View Post

gapless music playback works for flac, wav and mp3 files

Well, that's good to hear (no pun intended)! Now to find out if it plays all of the following file formats (I'm assuming it does the first but haven't heard about the second or third):
  • Standard Audio CDs (ripped to 44.1kHz/16-bit FLAC files)
  • DTS-encoded CDs (ripped to 44.1kHz/16-bit FLAC files)
  • Audiophile files (24-bit FLAC files at 44.1, 96 or 192 kHz)

Oh, and does it pick up cover art embedded in the ID3 fields of FLAC files?
post #143 of 554
here is the infos i know
  • Standard Audio CDs (ripped to 44.1kHz/16-bit FLAC files) YES
  • DTS-encoded CDs (ripped to 44.1kHz/16-bit FLAC files) YES
  • Audiophile files (24-bit FLAC files at 44.1, 96 or 192 kHz) Yes on 44.1 and 96 kHz but sorry not sure about the 192 kHz files

Oh, and does it pick up cover art embedded in the ID3 fields of FLAC files? YES
post #144 of 554
Quote:
Latest beta fw just released, PCH C-200 now supports forced subtitles in mkvs (as long as they are flagged as forced). Now you can keep subtitles turned off and the forced subs will appear
Finally... forced subs . Just got my A210 and setting it up now. The unit itself looks very nice and solid, unlike the A200.
post #145 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryElbow View Post
Well, that's good to hear (no pun intended)! Now to find out if it plays all of the following file formats (I'm assuming it does the first but haven't heard about the second or third):
  • Standard Audio CDs (ripped to 44.1kHz/16-bit FLAC files)
  • DTS-encoded CDs (ripped to 44.1kHz/16-bit FLAC files)
  • Audiophile files (24-bit FLAC files at 44.1, 96 or 192 kHz)

Oh, and does it pick up cover art embedded in the ID3 fields of FLAC files?
I downloaded some 24-bit/192kHz files from here: http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html to test, and they seem to play fine. My AVR is receiving 192KHz through HDMI, at least.
post #146 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHarOn99 View Post

here is the infos i know
  • Standard Audio CDs (ripped to 44.1kHz/16-bit FLAC files) YES
  • DTS-encoded CDs (ripped to 44.1kHz/16-bit FLAC files) YES
  • Audiophile files (24-bit FLAC files at 44.1, 96 or 192 kHz) Yes on 44.1 and 96 kHz but sorry not sure about the 192 kHz files

Oh, and does it pick up cover art embedded in the ID3 fields of FLAC files? YES

Another response to my question said "Yes" to 192 kHz / 24-bit files. Hmmm. This is sounding more and more like the player I need to get rather than my ever-back-ordered Netgear NeoTV 550. Now if I can just find a price a bit lower than the $300 USD MSRP - nearly double what I am paying for the 550!
post #147 of 554
then why not get an A-210?
post #148 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHarOn99 View Post

then why not get an A-210?

I agree. That would be the player I would get had it been available when I bought my C200. The C200 does have an internal power supply which is nice and that excellent wireless option (MN-200). I assume the A210 has a power brick and no on/off switch? Not a big deal though.

philip
post #149 of 554
correct, but not a big deal in my eyes, you can power off with remote and it will consume less then 1W, I agree the C200 Wifi option is the best i have seen on mediaplayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd View Post

I assume the A210 has a power brick and no on/off switch? Not a big deal though.

philip
post #150 of 554
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHarOn99 View Post
then why not get an A-210?
The OP wants full BluRay menus
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › *Official* Popcorn Hour PCH-C200 Owners Thread