or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › *Official* Popcorn Hour PCH-C200 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*Official* Popcorn Hour PCH-C200 Owners Thread - Page 8

post #211 of 554
Has anyone tried the new firmware that is suppose to support 3D from mkv 3D playback?
post #212 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgvroadster View Post

Has anyone tried the new firmware that is suppose to support 3D from mkv 3D playback?

Is it on c200 or A210 too?
post #213 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

Is it on c200 or A210 too?

The fw update is just for the c200, not the a series yet.
post #214 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgvroadster View Post

Has anyone tried the new firmware that is suppose to support 3D from mkv 3D playback?

I've loaded on both of my C-200's without issues. Unfortunately, neither is connected to a 3D-capable display, so I can't answer how well that works. You could look in the firmware thread over at the NMT forums. Some people there have tried it.
post #215 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

Is it on c200 or A210 too?

Firmware for the A-series has been posted, FYI.
post #216 of 554
Quote:

Does this make it 3d compatible
post #217 of 554
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgvroadster View Post

Has anyone tried the new firmware that is suppose to support 3D from mkv 3D playback?

I tested on the PopBox (should be the same as with the PCH). I have samples of 720p 3D SBS mkvs. The PopBox had no issues playing, and my TV went into auto 3D mode without issue. Surprised at how well it worked. I believe the only issue is you need to have them named correctly

Quote:


3D output to HDMI 3D TV for Stereoscopic 3D (side-by-side, Top-and-bottom) file
- Files must be named with ".3DSBS.*", ".3DTAB.*" accordingly
post #218 of 554
Loaded up eversion/YAMJ today and I am impressed.

Far better in NMJ in that it unifies data on multiple servers.
YAMJ can use the .nfo files I have setup for XBMC that I created with media center master.

Overisght - works for me but A. its really really slow. 5-10 seconds to get to details screen from the wall and B. Oversight is not scraping plots, actors, etc. I get cover art, fan art but no plots etc.

Eversion seems to do all these things right. The only issue is a bug in the latest PCH firmware where ISO's wont launch correctly. Evidently works with older PCH firmware. If they get this will become my favorite jukebox.

Sean
post #219 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_w_smith View Post

Loaded up eversion/YAMJ today and I am impressed.

Far better in NMJ in that it unifies data on multiple servers.
YAMJ can use the .nfo files I have setup for XBMC that I created with media center master.

Overisght - works for me but A. its really really slow. 5-10 seconds to get to details screen from the wall and B. Oversight is not scraping plots, actors, etc. I get cover art, fan art but no plots etc.

Eversion seems to do all these things right. The only issue is a bug in the latest PCH firmware where ISO's wont launch correctly. Evidently works with older PCH firmware. If they get this will become my favorite jukebox.

Sean

Are you setting Oversight to use mobile imdb? It scrapes plots, etc... for me. This is version2.0 r1426 .

What is the difference between Eversion and the usual YAMJ?

philip
post #220 of 554
One thing I miss when using yamj is the ability to click on actor name and gener info when looking at movie info to be taken to list of similar movies. Any way to set this up in yamj?
post #221 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd View Post

Are you setting Oversight to use mobile imdb? It scrapes plots, etc... for me. This is version2.0 r1426 .

What is the difference between Eversion and the usual YAMJ?

philip

no on mobile IMDB. I just installed it and it doesn't work well..... It seems bizarre to me that they ship oversight in a mode thats known not to work... I read somewhere about mobile but it said something like it was for folks outside the US.

doubt that will make it faster though. its really really really slow running off USB thunmb drive. How long does it take you to go from wall to details screen. what are you using for storage?

Eversion is a Flash based skin for YAMJ. Its pretty, smooth scrolling and fast.

It also unifies multiple servers like oversight....

Sean
post #222 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_w_smith View Post


no on mobile IMDB. I just installed it and it doesn't work well..... It seems bizarre to me that they ship oversight in a mode thats known not to work... I read somewhere about mobile but it said something like it was for folks outside the US.

doubt that will make it faster though. its really really really slow running off USB thunmb drive. How long does it take you to go from wall to details screen. what are you using for storage?

Eversion is a Flash based skin for YAMJ. Its pretty, smooth scrolling and fast.

It also unifies multiple servers like oversight....

Sean

Mobile is for the US as well, at least in the current version. Scraping hasn't worked with normal imdb ever since imdb changed some access method. That is why you aren't getting plots and such.

Oversight is not a speed demon, that's for sure. But I find it quite reasonable running a large library from several NAS units. The main feature I like is the way it automatically makes sure the library is up to date with no disruption with playback. It also sorts nicely and, ironically, is the most accurate scraper for me.

I used to run it off an internal notebook drive but I replaced that with an inexpensive ssd. Going from poster to video detail takes a second. The thing that takes a bit longer is flipping between pages. I suppose it also depends which skin you use.

My library changes a lot so the scheduling is important. YAMJ seemed complicated from a Mac. I should have a second look at it with Everson.

Philip
post #223 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd View Post

Mobile is for the US as well, at least in the current version. Scraping hasn't worked with normal imdb ever since imdb changed some access method. That is why you aren't getting plots and such.

Oversight is not a speed demon, that's for sure. But I find it quite reasonable running a large library from several NAS units. The main feature I like is the way it automatically makes sure the library is up to date with no disruption with playback. It also sorts nicely and, ironically, is the most accurate scraper for me.

I used to run it off an internal notebook drive but I replaced that with an inexpensive ssd. Going from poster to video detail takes a second. The thing that takes a bit longer is flipping between pages. I suppose it also depends which skin you use.

My library changes a lot so the scheduling is important. YAMJ seemed complicated from a Mac. I should have a second look at it with Everson.

Philip

Thanks Phillips,

I just tried the stable version, reset all settings, caches, rescanned with over writing enabled and I got Plots finally but all actors etc were IMDB #'s. could not figure out how to blow away the metadata so I reformatted my USB Stick and re-installed NMT apps.

I decided to try the alpha version because I read it would read my XBMC XML NFO files according to the thread.

Its scraping now...

One thing I can say is that its at least 10X faster. clicking on any link in the beta version took 5-10 seconds to load. click on stuff in the alpha version is instantaneous.... I'll reply later when I have a chance to play with oversight alpha some more...

No idea about the actors etc in YAMJ.

YAMJ is not the easiest thing to setup for most but its not impossible. Its a command line oriented tool which does not bother me.

For me XBMC, MCM, and YAMJ are all great quality scrapers. Oversight got lots of my 700 movies wrong. I re-tried plex per your comments and its scraping is still not as good as XBMC in terms of richness of data and accuracy IMO.

I do like that oversight is self contained...

one thing that is nice about YAMJ/Eversion or even regular YAMJ is that your PCH can boot into it as the main menu.

is this possible with oversight?
post #224 of 554
Are there any problems using a 3T external drive on either the C200 or the A110?
post #225 of 554
Is anyone experiencing lip sync issues with playing Dolby TrueHD movies on the A-210?
post #226 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback View Post

Is anyone experiencing lip sync issues with playing Dolby TrueHD movies on the A-210?

I may have. I've definitely had some lip sync issues with some ripped mkvs in the past on my 200 (I think all of the A and C series behave the same in most regards...), but I've attributed this to bad rips, etc. I think there still are some issues that need to be hammered out that are being worked on for the next firmware upgrade. I'm not sure if you searched PCH forums yet, but there may be something there.
post #227 of 554
I'm new at this but just got a C-200 and want to add a Blue-ray drive.What drives work with this unit? Thanks for your help....
post #228 of 554
Their web site has a wiki that has compatible drives.
post #229 of 554
Has most of the bugs been worked out with this player? I read old reviews where the C200 had issues reading blu ray file structure and there was stuttering.

I just purchased a dune and it works very well, I would just like something a bit nicer.

To get album art and movie art i have to use two seperate 3rd party programs the album art is in its beta stages.

My only concern is how well this thing performs, i just need it to play blu ray file structure back without stuttering and with menus.
post #230 of 554
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

Has most of the bugs been worked out with this player? I read old reviews where the C200 had issues reading blu ray file structure and there was stuttering.

I just purchased a dune and it works very well, I would just like something a bit nicer.

To get album art and movie art i have to use two seperate 3rd party programs the album art is in its beta stages.

My only concern is how well this thing performs, i just need it to play blu ray file structure back without stuttering and with menus.

Can you clarify what exactly you want that would be nicer with the c200?
post #231 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Jones View Post

Are there any problems using a 3T external drive on either the C200 or the A110?

Anyone?
post #232 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Jones View Post

Anyone?

search their forums with drive model
post #233 of 554
Well my big issue with the dune is its basic gui popcorn has some nice ones you can use, also i dont like its music playing system at all, just a black screen, im using musicnizer but its very early stages and still defaults to a black screen.

If popcorn hour works as well as the dune playing back blu ray file structure, plus i seen has some excellent music juke boxes, plus a nicer interface i would like to explore my options.

Maybe i will pick one up and test it compred to the dune when i have some time. I also like that they release new firmware very recently they seem to be fixing alot of bugs that originally turned me off.
post #234 of 554
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

Well my big issue with the dune is its basic gui popcorn has some nice ones you can use, also i dont like its music playing system at all, just a black screen, im using musicnizer but its very early stages and still defaults to a black screen.

If popcorn hour works as well as the dune playing back blu ray file structure, plus i seen has some excellent music juke boxes, plus a nicer interface i would like to explore my options.

Maybe i will pick one up and test it compred to the dune when i have some time. I also like that they release new firmware very recently they seem to be fixing alot of bugs that originally turned me off.

Well, I own both and TBH I see no place where the PCH is "nicer" then the Dune. The PCH has an internal jukebox called NMJ, but honestly most people don't use it since it is still rather rough around the edges. As far as the third party jukeboxes I feel it is pretty even. With the PCH most people use YAMJ (via Aeon, Zappiti, or Eversion) or Oversight. With the Dune most people use MyMovies, yaDIS, or Zappiti. I haven't tested the 3rd party music jukeboxes for either of the players yet since I don't use them for music (I use Sonos). They are both fine machines. I do have a slight preference to the Dune over the PCH but you can't go wrong with either.
post #235 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post


Well, I own both and TBH I see no place where the PCH is "nicer" then the Dune. The PCH has an internal jukebox called NMJ, but honestly most people don't use it since it is still rather rough around the edges. As far as the third party jukeboxes I feel it is pretty even. With the PCH most people use YAMJ (via Aeon, Zappiti, or Eversion) or Oversight. With the Dune most people use MyMovies, yaDIS, or Zappiti. I haven't tested the 3rd party music jukeboxes for either of the players yet since I don't use them for music (I use Sonos). They are both fine machines. I do have a slight preference to the Dune over the PCH but you can't go wrong with either.

Just out of curiosity, do notice any difference in picture quality between the two? If so, can you describe?
post #236 of 554
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback View Post

Just out of curiosity, do notice any difference in picture quality between the two? If so, can you describe?

They should technically have the same PQ given they are running the same Sigma chip, unless something funky is going on in the fw of one. I have never noticed any difference and have always been happy with both. However, to be able to say 100% the PQ was equal I cannot, since my Dunes (BD Prime and Smart D1) are hooked up to different tvs then my PCHs (C200 and A200). The TVS themselves may generate a difference in PQ, so really the only way I could say for sure PQ is the same would be hooking both PCH and Dune to the same tv and playing back the same source material.

I have been happy with both players. I use the Dunes more (they are connected to TVs where I am more likely to watch movies). To date I have found the Dunes to be slightly better in reliability when it comes to playing back content. I have yet to have any issues with playback on the Dunes (except for some audio skipping on DVDs that was fixed a while back). Occasionally I will get some stuttering with the PCHs (once again though they are also connected to different parts of my network so that could possibly be a factor)
post #237 of 554
Whats appealing about the C200 to me is that it seems to be a true media player with the nmj plugin, you have easy access to radio (shoutcast), music collection, and movies. However my concern is its execution. Does it work properly.

With dune I really only get the movies which works perfectly, but there is little support for built in radio or music juke box. Musicnizer is ok for now but im a little concerned about the development and fact it will also cost 40 dollars.

So if the popcorn hour operates properly when playing back blu ray structure like the dune, then i see no reason not to switch over.

However dbone does mention stuttering and again that has me concerned. NMJ at least reading posts a few months ago on the popcorn hour website sounded half finished, so this also worries me.

Unless dune has alot of tricks up its sleeve with the new gui and features.
post #238 of 554
I have a C-200 with the latest firmware and installed the latest myiHome with the latest YAMJ and mediainfo. My movie files appeared to have been scanned in OK but when I click on the plugin icon on my PCH I get the
subject error message. I have no problems watching my movies directly through myiHome but would like the YAMJ + media info advantages. Been searching and reading for days, anyone have any ideas???
post #239 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBear View Post

I have a C-200 with the latest firmware and installed the latest myiHome with the latest YAMJ and mediainfo. My movie files appeared to have been scanned in OK but when I click on the plugin icon on my PCH I get the
subject error message. I have no problems watching my movies directly through myiHome but would like the YAMJ + media info advantages. Been searching and reading for days, anyone have any ideas???

delete the jukebox folder and rebuild. saw this the other day after some major changes. PC browser would open the library, same error as you on the PCH. deleting jukebox and re-running yamj did the trick. you can also investigate the YAMJ log and YAMJ error log files...

Sean
post #240 of 554
New Firmware is out for the PCH. has a setting for colorspace now but stilll not auto color space support.

supposedly fixed issue with eversion and ISO files but I can't prove that as loading the eversion skin crashes the whole box and makes it reboot.

maybe new eversion will come out and I can retire AEON with SabishGT mods....

For those running AEON wall stock, you are really missing out. The details screens on the SabishGT skin are much better and have lots more geek info.....

pictures here....

http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/Plex_iOS

Sysabas did indicate they are working on auto color space mode... Finally only 3 years after this was reported.

Sean
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › *Official* Popcorn Hour PCH-C200 Owners Thread