or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › *Official* Popcorn Hour PCH-C200 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*Official* Popcorn Hour PCH-C200 Owners Thread - Page 18

post #511 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

next step is supposed to be 200/300 firmware become one.

No they will not become one they will backport NMJv2 the 300 series UI to the 200 series,
post #512 of 554
you say potatoe.
post #513 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

you say potatoe.

Just had to state as they are still on different sdk's chipsets, so its not like when the 300 series gets a new firmware 200 series will as thats what some people will think.
post #514 of 554
I want to thank Syabas for the new flash GUI and additional support for more video codecs.

I loaded the new C-200 software last night and was pleased with the improved responsiveness of the menu. I also found that I can play a video file that wasn't supported by the previous software. So now, this weekend, I can watch "Delamu", which is a beautiful and fascinating documentary film about the Tea-Horse Road in China.

Randy
post #515 of 554
Anyone know when they will bring the new GUI over to the A200 series?
post #516 of 554
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavikk View Post

Anyone know when they will bring the new GUI over to the A200 series?

They probably won't. If they go in that direction it will render all the HTML skins, etc... useless on the 200 series which I imagine won't be popular among current owners
post #517 of 554
Hmmm, I remember there was a poll on the NMT forums and the majority of the people wanted the new GUI a while back. I thought it was also mentioned they would be porting it over to the A200 series. Ill go through the NMT forums and see what I can dig up.
post #518 of 554
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavikk View Post

Hmmm, I remember there was a poll on the NMT forums and the majority of the people wanted the new GUI a while back. I thought it was also mentioned they would be porting it over to the A200 series. Ill go through the NMT forums and see what I can dig up.

Yeah, that is the last I heard was the poll. Still not sure they would be willing to do and f some of their 200 series customers who have no clue about the poll
post #519 of 554
Almost all the html stuff now works on the 300 series flash UI. oversight running eversion as the front end works also. Put it this way people that use html skins were on the forums how else would they have known about yamj, so they voted for it, the people not on the forums are normal users I figure they would welcome the better NMJ
post #520 of 554
Anyone use PCH with Harmony one remote? How do I prevent harmony from completely shutting off the PCH when I press the main power button on remote? I just want it to sleep.
post #521 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeyayo50 View Post

Anyone use PCH with Harmony one remote? How do I prevent harmony from completely shutting off the PCH when I press the main power button on remote? I just want it to sleep.

I do in the harmony software set it to single button power on/off, and it should not shutdown.
post #522 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

I do in the harmony software set it to single button power on/off, and it should not shutdown.

Thanks!! That worked.
post #523 of 554
Is sayabassss still supporting C200?
Which one is better buy c200 or A400 or A 300?
post #524 of 554
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

Is sayabassss still supporting C200?
Which one is better buy c200 or A400 or A 300?

C200 is the most stable. I doubt you will see much support going forward for the C200 considering it is old hardware, especially since with the A400 out the 300 series support seems to have been kicked to the side
post #525 of 554
When I went to turn on my C-200 the Popcorn hour loading screen comes on for about 2 seconds then the unit turns off again. So the power button turns white then back to orange over and over again. It will not load. I have tried unplugging and restarting. The until just will not load. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
post #526 of 554
Take a look at the power supply board for bad capacitors.
post #527 of 554
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Take a look at the power supply board for bad capacitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim1231 View Post

When I went to turn on my C-200 the Popcorn hour loading screen comes on for about 2 seconds then the unit turns off again. So the power button turns white then back to orange over and over again. It will not load. I have tried unplugging and restarting. The until just will not load. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Sounds like a PSU issue like Gary mentioned. I had to get mine swapped out on the C200 as well
post #528 of 554
guys with dead dying c200 power supplies. GIVE UP on the PCH one and buy a Pico PSU and power brick from amazon. Been running this combo for quite awhile and ZERO issues.
The PCH power supply SUCKS.
post #529 of 554
How do I know if there is a bad power capacitor? What should it took like?
post #530 of 554
Puffed up and maybe oozing foam like stuff.
post #531 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post

guys with dead dying c200 power supplies. GIVE UP on the PCH one and buy a Pico PSU and power brick from amazon. Been running this combo for quite awhile and ZERO issues.
The PCH power supply SUCKS.

I've been running with my original power supply in my C200 since December 2009. So far I've had no issues.
post #532 of 554
Whatever. This is about the many of us that have had PS issues.
post #533 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Whatever. This is about the many of us that have had PS issues.

I do have a new extra Power Supply from PCH, but it's been sitting here for a couple of years. I never needed to use it.
post #534 of 554
aaron,
then you have been very lucky. there are NUMEROUS threads about the POS power supply in this thing. I LOVE my PCH almost as much as my Dune but the power supply is a complete piece of crap. Here is what I have replaced mine with and it has run flawlessly. Have also done this replacement on about 10 other pch-200's for people.
http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Box-picoPSU-80-Output-Input-Supply/dp/B005TWE5E6/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361025861&sr=1-4&keywords=picopsu
http://www.amazon.com/Kinamax-AD-LCD12-Monitors-Adapter-Supply/dp/B000VE7GQQ/ref=pd_bxgy_pc_img_y
post #535 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I do have a new extra Power Supply from PCH, but it's been sitting here for a couple of years. I never needed to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Whatever. This is about the many of us that have had PS issues.
post #536 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post

aaron,
then you have been very lucky. there are NUMEROUS threads about the POS power supply in this thing. I LOVE my PCH almost as much as my Dune but the power supply is a complete piece of crap. Here is what I have replaced mine with and it has run flawlessly. Have also done this replacement on about 10 other pch-200's for people.
http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Box-picoPSU-80-Output-Input-Supply/dp/B005TWE5E6/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361025861&sr=1-4&keywords=picopsu
http://www.amazon.com/Kinamax-AD-LCD12-Monitors-Adapter-Supply/dp/B000VE7GQQ/ref=pd_bxgy_pc_img_y

That seems like a great alternative since you make the transformer external.
post #537 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post


I thought this thread was about the PCH-C200 in general, not just the Power supply in the C-200?smile.gif
post #538 of 554
Yes the 200 series psu, will explode some caps, Quick fix if you know how to solder is replace all the caps yourself, The dollar amount is about 5$ in parts. If you dont want to do it yourself a local repair shop will charge about 30 bucks for the job so same as buying a new psu from pch, Or as was suggested use a pico power supply.
post #539 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

Yes the 200 series psu, will explode some caps, Quick fix if you know how to solder is replace all the caps yourself, The dollar amount is about 5$ in parts. If you dont want to do it yourself a local repair shop will charge about 30 bucks for the job so same as buying a new psu from pch, Or as was suggested use a pico power supply.

The new PS from PCH is a bit different than the old one though - hopefully better.
post #540 of 554
Speaking from experience, the new power supply sucks only slightly less than the old one. Once again, numerous threads on it. Our favorite mod from the PCH forum, Halfelite, is correct in that it is only a "couple of caps". HOWEVER, many people who have done the cap mod have had to do it more than once.
The combo I use is nice because you can use the power brick outside of the c200 or there is plenty or room INSIDE it and it does not get hot at all. I don't know of anyone currently who has had a problem with the pico's...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › *Official* Popcorn Hour PCH-C200 Owners Thread