Hi, QNAP/Dune/MyMovies "Trio" users.
If you are successfully streaming movies via a Dune/QNAP NAS/MyMovies setup, I need your help.
I'm having issues with my setup. It appears the QNAP NAS is finicky re: structure navigation. Even after reading Binnerup's "Dune" update thread and trying almost everything I thought would help, I'm still having issues.
One problem I ran into involves creating a working Network Folder Icon on the Dune which navigates to the "My Movies" directory path via NFS. The space between the words "My" and "Movies" gave the QNAP/Dune duo a problem. I finally discovered the entire path in the "Folder" section needs to be placed in quotes ("") if you're using NFS.
Yet, even with this corrected, I'm able to view my collection in MyMovies but the system hangs when I try to play a movie. I can play movies flawlessly via the normal Dune interface, but MyMovies gives me problems.
I completely uninstalled everything related to MyMovies/Windows Media Center (I think, but somehow certain settings always remain when I reinstall MyMovies) and I would like your assistance in reinstalling MyMovies and getting it to work.
Can those of you with a working setup of this "Trio" please share your success stories? Specifically, can you share the following:
1. The pertinent/necessary settings on the QNAP (I believe I have both NFS and SMB turned on)?
2. The pertinent/necessary settings on the Dune?
3. The pertinent/necessary settings in MyMovies (Everything you typed if you are using SMB, NFS or Named Share)?
4. Please advise if you're connecting via SMB, NFS or Named Share?
5. Please describe how you created the Network Folder Icon on the main Dune page:
... a. If SMB, please provide what you typed for "Type", "Server", "Folder" & "User" (was "User" "Guest, Admin, Dune," etc).
... b. If NFS, please provide what you typed for "Type", "Server", "Folder" & "Protocol"
Thank you in advance for your help.