To get this thread back on track.. here are some quick unorganized notes that I will expand on later. When I type the full review, i'll break it out to pros/cons/final opinion & also use a ranking system of 1-10 for sound, convenience, comfort, controls and price.
1) The A40's sound better than the A50s imo. The important sounds for MW3 are just much more apparent with the A40s. The A50's are too overwhelming, feels like the bass boost is on.
2) The original mixamp Pro & 5.8 controls are WAY easier to use than the built in ones to the A50s.
3) The A50 is the clunkiest and most wired "wireless" solution I've ever seen. Combined with the akward controls, its definitely not going to make the cut.
4) The TB XP400's have been the surprise headset. Truly wireless, rechargeable & also the lowest price of the bunch ($189 on Amazon)!
5) The XP400's dont feel nearly as dollar store chinese made crappy as past Turtle Beach products.
6) The buttons & controls on the XP400's are clunky and unintuitive to use. I have to take the headset off to make any real adjustments. The battery life is about 6 hours. The mic sucks on the XP400, XBL teammates say that I sound like I talking thru a can or from far away. The soundstage is also the smallest of the group and the DH implentation is not as accurate as it is with the Astro products. All that said, its still decent enough to know that some guy is sneaking up on you and about to stab you in the back.
7) The XP400's are very simple to transports. Headset/BTpuck/DHreciever. Thats it! 3 items (and the DH reciever is USB powered by the 360).
8) The A40's I use are almost 4 years old and are showing their age. For the first time ever, they are no longer my favourites.
9) The PC360 doesnt sound as great as its hyped to be on this forum.
10) Before you guys start shooting because of #9, understand I've only used them to listen to movies & music. I have to go to my storage unit today and get the Y adapter from my mixamp box, to use them with the Mixamp 5.8. They have a twin male plug termination.. meaning you have one male plug for headphone sound and another plug for mic output.
11) Nobody cares about them, but I do have the A30's. Bought them 2 years ago when they selling the combo deal with the mixamp5.8 with promotional pricing. I'll also grab those from storage.
12) I pretty much hate cables, wires, whatever you want to call them. Any headset with a wire going into the controller is probably not going to make it.
13) At this point, I'd be satisfied with 2 sets of XP400s. They dont sound the best, but they are ridiculously convenient to use & transport. Of course Im hoping the Warheads will change that opinion atleast 50%.. and hopefully 100%. Hopefully they will have better sound, a better mic and the headset controls will be a little easier to adjust.
These phone pics give a quick idea of how many wires are needed to setup. The toshlink cable isnt present in some, but it does give you an idea of what you need to setup the headset.Edited by Daekwan - 8/18/12 at 7:25am