or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › TotalMedia Theatre 5
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TotalMedia Theatre 5 - Page 107

post #3181 of 3674
I'm having trouble playing a Blu-Ray from a folder rip in Windows Media Center. I ripped the physical disk to a folder using AnyDVD HD. Using the Total Media player interface, I can open the folder and play the movie with no problems.

The folder is in the WMC Movies library path and the title shows up fine in the Movies section of WMC. When I select it to play it, the TMT play is launched, but it only shows the the optical drive and says there is no disk inserted (which there isnt since I am playing from a folder).

I tried installing MyMovies but the same issue occurs. Whether I launch it from Movies or My Movies in WMC it still launces the TMT player and says No Video Disc in Drive.

I'm using Windows 7 x64 Media Center and TME 5.2.1.120.

Can anyone explain how to correct this?



Thanks!
post #3182 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnjvh View Post

I'm having trouble playing a Blu-Ray from a folder rip in Windows Media Center. I ripped the physical disk to a folder using AnyDVD HD. Using the Total Media player interface, I can open the folder and play the movie with no problems.

The folder is in the WMC Movies library path and the title shows up fine in the Movies section of WMC. When I select it to play it, the TMT play is launched, but it only shows the the optical drive and says there is no disk inserted (which there isnt since I am playing from a folder).

I tried installing MyMovies but the same issue occurs. Whether I launch it from Movies or My Movies in WMC it still launces the TMT player and says No Video Disc in Drive.

I'm using Windows 7 x64 Media Center and TME 5.2.1.120.

Can anyone explain how to correct this?



Thanks!

Can you tell us which movie and the name of the folder?
post #3183 of 3674
Sure. It's The Spiderwick Chronicles and the folder name is SPIDERWICK_CHRONICLES

Thanks for the help
post #3184 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall12 View Post

hi guy,

how to resolved on the totalmedia 5 crash on startup which after i uninstalled and reinstalled the issue is still remain which i cannot get totalmedia 5 to start without crashing.

Thanks

got the same problem here, it locks up my pc and I'm having to hard reboot it.
post #3185 of 3674
So how do u guys like Totalmedia Theater 5 ? is it pretty much the top choice for blu ray playback ?.

Im currently running Windvd pro 11, it plays pretty good, but seems to lacking in the fine tunning and extras area.
post #3186 of 3674
Grab the trial and give it a spin. It's what I use for disc playback.
post #3187 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnjvh View Post

I'm having trouble playing a Blu-Ray from a folder rip in Windows Media Center. I ripped the physical disk to a folder using AnyDVD HD. Using the Total Media player interface, I can open the folder and play the movie with no problems.

The folder is in the WMC Movies library path and the title shows up fine in the Movies section of WMC. When I select it to play it, the TMT play is launched, but it only shows the the optical drive and says there is no disk inserted (which there isnt since I am playing from a folder).

I tried installing MyMovies but the same issue occurs. Whether I launch it from Movies or My Movies in WMC it still launces the TMT player and says No Video Disc in Drive.

I'm using Windows 7 x64 Media Center and TME 5.2.1.120.

Can anyone explain how to correct this?



Thanks!

If you are using MyMovies to launch from within WMC (as I do), you need to make sure that MyMovies collection manager is pointed to the correct folder/subfolder for playback. For example, I have my ripped folders from AnyDVD setup on a server with collection manager pointed to online folders with the following path /server/BDMovies/Harry Potter 7/HARRY_POTTER7(the disc volume label created by AnyDVD)

I have no issues with folder playback.
post #3188 of 3674
I have figured out the problem and a workaround. The issue is that MyMovies is set to launch TMT as the external player. However, there are several executables you can use. Essentially, one is the WMC plug in, and the other is the stand alone player. The stand alone player can play the folders, the plugin will not. It only looks at the optical drive. The version that MyMovies uses is defined by the externalplayes.xml file located in the MyMovies program files folder. While I'm sure that file can be edited to launch the stand alone player, I was unable to get that to work.

The solution for me was to use MediaBrowser and not MyMovies. media browser lets you choose the exact player executable right in the user interface. All I had to do was choose the TMT player file that did not have MCE in the file name and everything works great.

I still use MyMovies to get cover art, etc.

Hope this helps someone else
post #3189 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnjvh View Post

I have figured out the problem and a workaround. The issue is that MyMovies is set to launch TMT as the external player. However, there are several executables you can use. Essentially, one is the WMC plug in, and the other is the stand alone player. The stand alone player can play the folders, the plugin will not. It only looks at the optical drive. The version that MyMovies uses is defined by the externalplayes.xml file located in the MyMovies program files folder. While I'm sure that file can be edited to launch the stand alone player, I was unable to get that to work.

The solution for me was to use MediaBrowser and not MyMovies. media browser lets you choose the exact player executable right in the user interface. All I had to do was choose the TMT player file that did not have MCE in the file name and everything works great.

I still use MyMovies to get cover art, etc.

Hope this helps someone else

That's odd. I use MyMovies to rip and create my meta-data, but I've never had problems getting things to launch. I have two HTPCs, both with TMT5, and neither actually use the MyMovies plugin - I just browse the MCE movies section and click on the BD rip I want to play, the TMT5 plugin launches and plays the BDMV folder structure rip (I have MyMovies on my WHS machine, ripping and populating the meta-data). I read in your earlier post that you couldn't get that working, so I'm curious if something else is going on behind the scenes.
post #3190 of 3674
No doubt there is something up as many people are doing just what you are doing. In fact, the reason I selected TMT and MyMovies is because of the success stories I read about. So I'm sure it can be done. But not by me for some reason

My work around is perfectly acceptable for me. The mediabrowser interface is quite nice and plays well with MC. Think now that its working I'm not going to poke it too much
post #3191 of 3674
I'm switching over to a full MCE setup, and downloaded the trial of TMT5 over the weekend, are there any limitations with the trial version? The video and audio was very glitchy (Blu Ray), come to find out its not offloading any thing to my GPU, and my CPU is running around 20-35%, which is normal for this type of content. Using GPUz, utilization hangs around 0-5% it will spike up to say 50%, and drop right back down, Very strange,

I then down loaded Powerdvd and winddvd, and they play with out a hitch, GPU hangs around 40-70% utilization which is normal for my setup.I've never had issues playing Remuxed MKV's in Media center or XBMC, so I'm scratching my head on this one.

I'm running an Asus GT430 with driver 280, the driver released before the one that killed Media Center play back, it could be 284, I don' remember exactly. I'd really like to use TMT because of its MC integration, but I'm not having any luck.

There's one thing that I need to try, saw it this morning, I need to turn off the auto display refresh, and see what that does, but the feature worked fine in Powerdvd, so I'm not expecting it to resolve my issue.

Is there a setting that I'm not seeing?

Thanks in Advance.
post #3192 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnjvh View Post

I have figured out the problem and a workaround. The issue is that MyMovies is set to launch TMT as the external player. However, there are several executables you can use. Essentially, one is the WMC plug in, and the other is the stand alone player. The stand alone player can play the folders, the plugin will not. It only looks at the optical drive. The version that MyMovies uses is defined by the externalplayes.xml file located in the MyMovies program files folder. While I'm sure that file can be edited to launch the stand alone player, I was unable to get that to work.

The solution for me was to use MediaBrowser and not MyMovies. media browser lets you choose the exact player executable right in the user interface. All I had to do was choose the TMT player file that did not have MCE in the file name and everything works great.

I still use MyMovies to get cover art, etc.

Hope this helps someone else

Something doesn't sound right. I use the MCE exacutable with Media Browser or My Movies with no problems. I also store every thing as folders.
post #3193 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

I'm switching over to a full MCE setup, and downloaded the trial of TMT5 over the weekend, are there any limitations with the trial version? The video and audio was very glitchy (Blu Ray), come to find out its not offloading any thing to my GPU, and my CPU is running around 20-35%, which is normal for this type of content. Using GPUz, utilization hangs around 0-5% it will spike up to say 50%, and drop right back down, Very strange,

I then down loaded Powerdvd and winddvd, and they play with out a hitch, GPU hangs around 40-70% utilization which is normal for my setup.I've never had issues playing Remuxed MKV's in Media center or XBMC, so I'm scratching my head on this one.

I'm running an Asus GT430 with driver 280, the driver released before the one that killed Media Center play back, it could be 284, I don' remember exactly. I'd really like to use TMT because of its MC integration, but I'm not having any luck.

There's one thing that I need to try, saw it this morning, I need to turn off the auto display refresh, and see what that does, but the feature worked fine in Powerdvd, so I'm not expecting it to resolve my issue.

Is there a setting that I'm not seeing?

Thanks in Advance.

I have a Galaxy GT430, and normally see ~20-25% CPU usage on BRs (win 7/64, Core 2 E6600). I'm assuming this is using HA. Am I wrong?

Is auto-refresh even available with your NV card? It isn't with mine and I thought Arcsoft doesn't have it working with any nVidia product.

Also, I don't generally use MCE for playback, but I curious to know what was broken by the drivers >280.
post #3194 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

I have a Galaxy GT430, and normally see ~20-25% CPU usage on BRs (win 7/64, Core 2 E6600). I'm assuming this is using HA. Am I wrong?

Is auto-refresh even available with your NV card? It isn't with mine and I thought Arcsoft doesn't have it working with any nVidia product.

Also, I don't generally use MCE for playback, but I curious to know what was broken by the drivers >280.

Just looked it up the drivers, I'm running drivers 280.26, 285.62 broke live TV playback in Media Center (but they are no longer available for download), I'm running a ceton tuner card, so haven't upgraded in a while, everything has been working fine.

I have not seen the frame rate option on TMT, as mentioned just saw something on it this morning, but with Power dvd it provides an option to play the content in it's native frame rate, 23.997 or what ever it is for BD, or you can keep it at 59.9 (close enough), you get a pop up window to select the refresh rate each time you start to play the BD,kind of annoying actually, I tried both options with Powerdvd, didn't notice any difference between the two.

There's just something in the setup that's not allowing the GPU to process the video with TMT.
post #3195 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

Just looked it up the drivers, I'm running drivers 280.26, 285.62 broke live TV playback in Media Center (but they are no longer available for download), I'm running a ceton tuner card, so haven't upgraded in a while, everything has been working fine.

I have not seen the frame rate option on TMT, as mentioned just saw something on it this morning, but with Power dvd it provides an option to play the content in it's native frame rate, 23.997 or what ever it is for BD, or you can keep it at 59.9 (close enough), you get a pop up window to select the refresh rate each time you start to play the BD,kind of annoying actually, I tried both options with Powerdvd, didn't notice any difference between the two.

There's just something in the setup that's not allowing the GPU to process the video with TMT.

I'm just going to do a fresh install of windows 7 on my HTPC with the GT430, TMT 5 works fine on my other HTPC running an I3-550 using the intel graphics, as well as on my older desktop running Vista with a radeon 5450, my test movie, U2 360 BD pushes that darn 5450 to 90% utilization, seems a little high to me, but plays with out hitch.
post #3196 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post


I'm just going to do a fresh install of windows 7 on my HTPC with the GT430, TMT 5 works fine on my other HTPC running an I3-550 using the intel graphics, as well as on my older desktop running Vista with a radeon 5450, my test movie, U2 360 BD pushes that darn 5450 to 90% utilization, seems a little high to me, but plays with out hitch.

I had a 5450 before the 430, which I got for 3D playback, as the 5450 would get maxed out and stutter like crazy. I don't recall how it performed with regular BRs. You might check on Arcsoft's forum. I think I remember some discussion about playback and HA with the 5450.
post #3197 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnjvh View Post

I have figured out the problem and a workaround. The issue is that MyMovies is set to launch TMT as the external player. However, there are several executables you can use. Essentially, one is the WMC plug in, and the other is the stand alone player. The stand alone player can play the folders, the plugin will not. It only looks at the optical drive. The version that MyMovies uses is defined by the externalplayes.xml file located in the MyMovies program files folder. While I'm sure that file can be edited to launch the stand alone player, I was unable to get that to work.

The solution for me was to use MediaBrowser and not MyMovies. media browser lets you choose the exact player executable right in the user interface. All I had to do was choose the TMT player file that did not have MCE in the file name and everything works great.

I still use MyMovies to get cover art, etc.

Hope this helps someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Mudder View Post

Something doesn't sound right. I use the MCE exacutable with Media Browser or My Movies with no problems. I also store every thing as folders.

And here's the final answer. The problem was that I was still using the trial. After selecting a movie to play, the program halts to ask you to accept the trial. After selecting accept trial, the program halts at the icon of the optical disk. At this point you are stuck.

After purchasing a key, I no longer get prompted to accept the trial and the folders play seemlessly with the plug-in player.
post #3198 of 3674
I have a follow up question regarding audio. I have a Core i3 based system. Intel HD audio is set as the default audio device. The HDMI output goes in to the TV and an optical cable runs from the TV to the AVR.

This set will only pass Dolby Digital over it's optical connection so I'm not expecting any HD audio or DTS to work. And in fact Dolby Digital 5.1 is working just fine. The issue is with Blu-Rays that only have Dolby TrueHD tracks. When playing those tracks I'm only getting PCM at the recevier. Now as mentioned above I didn't expect to get HD audio but I did expect to get the 5.1 core.

Any way to make this work?

Thanks all!!
post #3199 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnjvh View Post

I have a follow up question regarding audio. I have a Core i3 based system. Intel HD audio is set as the default audio device. The HDMI output goes in to the TV and an optical cable runs from the TV to the AVR.

This set will only pass Dolby Digital over it's optical connection so I'm not expecting any HD audio or DTS to work. And in fact Dolby Digital 5.1 is working just fine. The issue is with Blu-Rays that only have Dolby TrueHD tracks. When playing those tracks I'm only getting PCM at the recevier. Now as mentioned above I didn't expect to get HD audio but I did expect to get the 5.1 core.

Any way to make this work?

Thanks all!!

It's my understanding that TrueHD does not have a DD5.1 core the way DTS-MA has a core DTS one. DD 5.1 would be on a separate track. So your system is doing the decoding and sending it out as PCM.
post #3200 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnjvh View Post

And here's the final answer. The problem was that I was still using the trial. After selecting a movie to play, the program halts to ask you to accept the trial. After selecting accept trial, the program halts at the icon of the optical disk. At this point you are stuck.

After purchasing a key, I no longer get prompted to accept the trial and the folders play seemlessly with the plug-in player.

Excellent that you found the problem! Thanks for posting the solution.
post #3201 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnjvh View Post

This set will only pass Dolby Digital over it's optical connection so I'm not expecting any HD audio or DTS to work. And in fact Dolby Digital 5.1 is working just fine. The issue is with Blu-Rays that only have Dolby TrueHD tracks. When playing those tracks I'm only getting PCM at the recevier. Now as mentioned above I didn't expect to get HD audio but I did expect to get the 5.1 core.

On Blu-Rays DTS-HD tracks have DTS core and TrueHD tracks have embedded Dolby Digital tracks. So people with optical are fine here. Note that Blu-Rays with TrueHD being muxed to .mkv have no embedded Dolby Digital anymore (according to .mkv specs). They (optical folks) have to mux DD only or 1)TrueHD + 2)DD. Is it your case?
post #3202 of 3674
Nope not using Mkv. Playing from bluray folders. Did dome testing. Using the optical out of the pc I get just what you are describing. Dolby digital and Dolby truehd gives me DD digital 5.1. DTS/DTS MA gives me DTS. When I run the audio through HDMI I get pcm with everthing except straight Dolby digital tracks even with TMT set to remix to Dolby digital.

I'm going to abandon the idea of running the audio through the tv. It only passes Dolby digital and its just too hard to get RVERYTHING into that format. Using the optical out is working perfectly so ill just do that. It'd not that hard to just change inputs when I want to use the grove.

Sorry for spelling. Typing one handed on the phone...
post #3203 of 3674
That's HTPC, not grove. Stupid auto correct
post #3204 of 3674
Another interesting thing to note is that the TMT Mix to Dolby Digital function works correctly when playing movies using the external player. Using HDMI audio through the TV and to the AVR, I get Dolby Digital at the receiver with any format when the remix option is selected.

If I then launch the same movie through WMC using the TMT plugin, I get PCM at the receiver. So its almost like WMC is ingnoring the Mix to Dolby Digital setting in the TMT AV center and just looking at what is set on the Control Panel Sound options.
post #3205 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnjvh View Post

Another interesting thing to note is that the TMT Mix to Dolby Digital function works correctly when playing movies using the external player. Using HDMI audio through the TV and to the AVR, I get Dolby Digital at the receiver with any format when the remix option is selected.

If I then launch the same movie through WMC using the TMT plugin, I get PCM at the receiver. So its almost like WMC is ingnoring the Mix to Dolby Digital setting in the TMT AV center and just looking at what is set on the Control Panel Sound options.

Did you go into the settings of the TMT plugin and change to mix to dolby digital as well, because the two players have seperate settings.
post #3206 of 3674
Ah did not know that...thx! I'll check it out.
post #3207 of 3674
Totallly fixed it : - ) Thanks again everyone for all the help!
post #3208 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

I have a Galaxy GT430, and normally see ~20-25% CPU usage on BRs (win 7/64, Core 2 E6600). I'm assuming this is using HA. Am I wrong?

Is auto-refresh even available with your NV card? It isn't with mine and I thought Arcsoft doesn't have it working with any nVidia product.

Also, I don't generally use MCE for playback, but I curious to know what was broken by the drivers >280.

The auto refresh does appear to be working, before I re-imaged my PC, I gave it another go, and yes, when the BD starts to play, the display changes to 24p, while it may not be the correct 23.XXX or what ever the exact number is, I can can firm, that its usually running at 60p, or 59.XXX with media center. Doesn't work with my clarkdale with integrated graphics, just starts playing at 60p, but I believe I read some were thats a limitation of the Clarkdale graphics, but the BD's do play nicely, I've not noticed of issues like on my other system with the Gt430, E5200.

You respond to my post on the TMT forum, confusedtwo, thanks for the info, which nvidia driver are your running? I went ahead and purchased a license last week but have not had time to reinstall after re-imaging my PC, will give it another go tonight.

I really think there is something going on with TMT, that's just not playing nice with my GPU, Sadly, I'm just not techy enough to know where to look.
post #3209 of 3674
I uninstalled TMT5; however, I still get the option to choose TMT after inserting a DVD and launching in WMC. How do I remove that option so the disk will play in WMC by default?
post #3210 of 3674
@dbailey75: I'm on 295.73.

@scopeyus: Control Panel > Autoplay and change the default. That should do it, I would think.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › TotalMedia Theatre 5