or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › The Dark Knight Rises
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Dark Knight Rises - Page 39

post #1141 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

5 bucks says a lot of folks will be watching the BD with the subtitles turned on.wink.gif

*Per director request, The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray does not include any subtitle or caption options.
"I absolutely do not want the audience to know what Bane is saying. That would ruin my artistic vision for the film." -Christopher Nolan

smile.gif
post #1142 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

5 bucks says a lot of folks will be watching the BD with the subtitles turned on.wink.gif

*Per director request, The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray does not include any subtitle or caption options.
"I absolutely do not want the audience to know what Bane is saying. That would ruin my artistic vision for the film." -Christopher Nolan

smile.gif

That sucks for folks who are hearing impaired......  But really, Nolan's "artistic vision" is really whats important here......

 

Guess we'll have to wait till its on cable/dish.

post #1143 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

*Per director request, The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray does not include any subtitle or caption options.
"I absolutely do not want the audience to know what Bane is saying. That would ruin my artistic vision for the film." -Christopher Nolan

smile.gif
Josh, you're kidding me....right?eek.giffrown.gif
post #1144 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Josh, you're kidding me....right?eek.giffrown.gif

I'll leave that to you to figure out on your own.
post #1145 of 1595
I was in DC this week and saw the movie for the 2nd time in Lockheed Imax while the 1st time was just a small Clearview cinema in NJ. This maybe one of the largest screens in the country, but not sure if it's the movie's mostly dark scenes, I never found this as sharp or clear as MI-4 earlier in NJ Imax out in N. Brunswick.

Is that Lockheed Martin's screen or the movie itself? I was lucky to get a 20% discount, otherwise I felt let down.
post #1146 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbud0 View Post

I was in DC this week and saw the movie for the 2nd time in Lockheed Imax while the 1st time was just a small Clearview cinema in NJ. This maybe one of the largest screens in the country, but not sure if it's the movie's mostly dark scenes, I never found this as sharp or clear as MI-4 earlier in NJ Imax out in N. Brunswick.

Actually, that IMAX screen an average size - 5 stories tall. The Sony IMAX in NYC is 8 stories tall.
Quote:
Is that Lockheed Martin's screen or the movie itself? I was lucky to get a 20% discount, otherwise I felt let down.

They show IMAX 3D there so it should be a silver screen - high gain. Could be they haven't changed out the IMAX projector lamps which wear out - loss of light.
post #1147 of 1595
Don't know about the lamp but thanks for the correction on screen size.

One thing I do appreciate was that there was no commercial or trailers in the Smithsonian. No one uses the phone either.
post #1148 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

I'll leave that to you to figure out on your own.
After posting that, I re-read your original post (closely, this time).....DOH!redface.gifredface.gifbiggrin.gif
post #1149 of 1595
The Dark Knight Rises deleted scene explains Bane's backstory
Quote:
Clocking in at a whopping 164 minutes, The Dark Knight Rises is already a mammoth example of storytelling, but even despite its epic running time, there were a still a few key sequences that ended up on the cutting room floor.

Costume designer Lindy Hemming has been talking about one of those scenes, in which Bane's backstory was fleshed out a little, including details surrounding just how Bane came to require that mask.

"The thing that you should have seen during that sequence is [Bane] being injured in his youth," says Hemming. "So one of the fundamental things about his costume is that he has this scar from the back injury. Even if he hasn’t got the bulletproof vest on, he still has to wear the waist belt and the braces."

"In that [deleted] scene in the prison, where he’s learning to fight the same way Batman learned to fight, he’s wearing an early version of his waist belt. There’s a whole early section for Tom Hardy where he’s fighting and being taunted by people. He’s got chains on him, and he’s standing on a wooden thing while people are attacking him. And in that scene, he’s wearing a much more ragged, primitive version of the mask."

And there we were thinking we couldn't wring any more excitement out of The Dark Knight Rises! Hopefully, said scene will be included on the DVD package, giving us even more of an insight into what put Bane on the road to becoming "Gotham's reckoning".

Source: GQ

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/the-dark-knight-rises-deleted-scene-explains-bane-s-backstory
post #1150 of 1595
Just watched it IMAX in NYC and love it, I have to say Micheal Cane's acting was a Tour De Force the amount of pain in Mr Cane's eyes apply in just amazing as every other actor in this film, it was a perfect installation which fit well for me. About the ending I don't know how I feel about it, but I feel it wasn't Nolan's full decision to end this way. rolleyes.gif

Now about Bane's muffled voice, it didn't really bothered me, as I understood most of his dialog, the accent did remind me of James Bond movies, not so much Sean Connery imitation, but the dialect of the era. "James Bond- "Do you expect me to talk ? " Evil villain- No Mr, Bond I expect you to die!!! Wasn't one of the villain in TDKR was in Casino Royal ? smile.gif

Anyway love it, love the story just sad it was the last one.

DJoel
post #1151 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

Just watched it IMAX in NYC and love it, I have to say Micheal Cane's acting was a Tour De Force the amount of pain in Mr Cane's eyes apply in just amazing as every other actor in this film, it was a perfect installation which fit well for me. About the ending I don't know how I feel about it, but I feel it wasn't Nolan's full decision to end this way. rolleyes.gif
Now about Bane's muffled voice, it didn't really bothered me, as I understood most of his dialog, the accent did remind me of James Bond movies, not so much Sean Connery imitation, but the dialect of the era. "James Bond- "Do you expect me to talk ? " Evil villain- No Mr, Bond I expect you to die!!! Wasn't one of the villain in TDKR was in Casino Royal ? smile.gif
Anyway love it, love the story just sad it was the last one.
DJoel

Nice, Dan-glad you enjoyed it.

The James Bond dialog you describe reminds me of Austin Powers and Dr. Evil biggrin.gif.
post #1152 of 1595
FINALLY heading to see DKR tonight! Actually it will be in Oklahoma's only true IMAX theater (in Tulsa)! Gettin' out of town for a one day tri[p before my oldest starts college! HOPEFULLY this theater is as good audiowise as the new Warren IMAX!
post #1153 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by holt7153 View Post

Nice, Dan-glad you enjoyed it.
The James Bond dialog you describe reminds me of Austin Powers and Dr. Evil biggrin.gif.

Thanks Steve,definitely would love to see it a second time non IMAX though, that was a whole lot of cash.. Yes Austin Powers was a wonderful parody to the JB flicks for sure, so the dialog played true in some of the AP movies with a funny twist of course.

Gotta say on the subject of Bane being a SOB of villain,he was up there in merciless, brute, scary of the trilogy eek.gif IMHO

A bit off topic read you did some 2 ch work in one of your written above post, do you have a separate 2ch system now ? Send me PM, if you have some talk going on a thread going..

Dan
post #1154 of 1595
Finally had some spare time and took the Mrs. to this tonight at the IMAX. It's been out for awhile now and you've all read everyone's reviews and thoughts. I'll keep mine short & sweet and to the point. This movie kicked major ass! Anne Hathaway was sssssmokin' hot in her Catwoman outfit. When she was riding the Batcycle all bent over, I leaned to the Mrs and said we're getting one of those.
post #1155 of 1595
Great movie!

But my expectations were pretty much spot on with Hathaway. I only thought she did a "decent" and "passable" job. Nothing to the level of Pfieffer.

I'll say this again, but I really don't find Hathaway very hot at all, and I don't think her costume was that great.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I was really stoked that Batman got in his original suit towards the end. I always hated the "Mecha" Batman look in The Dark Knight
post #1156 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

When she was riding the Batcycle all bent over, I leaned to the Mrs and said we're getting one of those.
LOL, that's just wrong....tongue.gif
post #1157 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by FendersRule View Post

Great movie!
But my expectations were pretty much spot on with Hathaway. I only thought she did a "decent" and "passable" job. Nothing to the level of Pfieffer.
I'll say this again, but I really don't find Hathaway very hot at all, and I don't think her costume was that great. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I was really stoked that Batman got in his original suit towards the end. I always hated the "Mecha" Batman look in The Dark Knight

I agree. I don't see what everyone is raving about with her performance. And what ass? From the side she's flat up and down like a board. Being bent over like that makes any marginal butt look good.
post #1158 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by FendersRule View Post

Great movie!
But my expectations were pretty much spot on with Hathaway. I only thought she did a "decent" and "passable" job. Nothing to the level of Pfieffer.
I'll say this again, but I really don't find Hathaway very hot at all, and I don't think her costume was that great. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I was really stoked that Batman got in his original suit towards the end. I always hated the "Mecha" Batman look in The Dark Knight

You wanted Ann to purrrr ? I thought she did agreat job, and I'm not the biggest Hathaway fan.


DJoel
post #1159 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

LOL, that's just wrong....tongue.gif

To quote the Motor City Madman, I gots the cat scratch fever.biggrin.gif
post #1160 of 1595
I've never been a Pfeiffer fan. Well, except maybe Grease 2. I mean, who didn't want to bowl, lets bowl, lets rock n roll?
post #1161 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I've never been a Pfeiffer fan.
Have you seen Married to the Mob?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095593/
post #1162 of 1595
She did an outstanding job in Scarface, too. Or was it Casino?

Pfieffer IS the Catwoman (all of my friends agree, too). She's still extremely sexy now...I think it would have been better if she was casted over Hathaway. I'm not a fan of her skinny figure and pale complexion. I just don't see the sexiness, but I'm glad others can so I get more choices with women. smile.gif

I really felt that Hathaway didn't "bring" anything. She showed up, said the lines that would have been "cool" for the audience to hear, did her scenes, and went home. It didn't fell like she revitalized anything (like most of the other characters such as Two Face, Bane, The Joker, etc). Not saying she did a "bad" job (I estimated earlier on in this thread that she probably would do "ok," but nothing greater than that).

It really felt like she was there for the glam and pop aspect. I really recommend watching Batman Returns if it's been awhile for anyone. You can really feel like Pfieffer MADE Catwoman her b*iatch! Her personality was spot on and fitted the character so well. Not to mention, a better costume, and a better figure. smile.gif

Great movie in the end. I like how it tied back into the first movie, and not really to the second movie so much.

With that said, I don't think I'm going to rewatch this very much at all. It just feels like a one-time watcher, especially with the very long runtime. A very good one though.
post #1163 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Anne Hathaway was sssssmokin' hot in her Catwoman outfit. When she was riding the Batcycle all bent over, I leaned to the Mrs and said we're getting one of those.

Hmmm. One of what? Anne Hathaway clone, or a Batcycle? wink.gif
post #1164 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by FendersRule View Post

She did an outstanding job in Scarface, too. Or was it Casino?

Blasphemy! wink.gif Yes that was Scarface, Sharon Stone was in Casino...

And may I add Dangerous Liaisons?....

Although I wholeheartedly agree that Michelle Pfeiffer is still one of the sexiest things living on this planet, I think it would have been a giant mistake to cast her as Catwoman. To me Anne Hathaway did an excellent job in TDKR, she was classy, very sexy and kicked some serious ass! tongue.gif
post #1165 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by FendersRule View Post

I'm not a fan of her skinny figure and pale complexion.

MAJOR turn off for me, but I thought she filled out the suit nicely.
post #1166 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by FendersRule View Post

I think it would have been better if she was casted over Hathaway.
Agreed, having a Catwoman that was 20 years older than Batman would have made it clear why she was stealing: to fund her retirement.
post #1167 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by FendersRule View Post

Pfieffer IS the Catwoman (all of my friends agree, too). She's still extremely sexy now...I think it would have been better if she was casted over Hathaway..
I agree MP is THE Catwoman, but she is too old for the role now.
Maybe she could have played Anne's momma?
post #1168 of 1595
Pfieffer is not too old for anything....wink.gif

Age is only a quantitative number that has nothing to do with quality. Have you seen her at age 51? She looks more fit, and more gorgeous than 90% of all females that are in their 20s.

Lots of examples where older folks have revitalized their roles and have done a tremendous job. Rocky Balboa and Escape for LA are just two that come to mind. Even the new Tron made Bridges looks like he was in his late 20s.

Maybe you're right, but she still would have had a better figure and personality as Catwoman. I truely believe that in 20 years when we look back at TDKR, her role will not be remembered. It's going to be Bane and Batman. Michael Cane would be a close third for me. He did a tremendous job as well, and he's really the only character that I would say is a "hands down" victory over the Burton films.

I'm still a Michael Keaton fan too, I admit. I think his Bruce Wayne is much better than Bales. I tend to like a soft, intelligent, deep thought Wayne more than a hot-shot playboy Wayne that reminds me awefully too much of the exact same character found in American Psycho. smile.gif
Edited by FendersRule - 8/16/12 at 1:14pm
post #1169 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I agree MP is THE Catwoman, but she is too old for the role now.
Maybe she could have played Anne's momma?

yep, and the character could be called Catmilf smile.gif
post #1170 of 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by holt7153 View Post

yep, and the character could be called Catmilf smile.gif

Michelle's tone knob goes to "11"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › The Dark Knight Rises