as much as you've spent defending Dune, so far. *runs*
- Bane wants to bankrupt Wayne Enterprises by placing fraudulent trades in Bruce Wayne's name. Rather than discretely hack into the computer network, he stages a big public assault on the stock exchange, drawing tons of attention onto himself and what he's doing, steals a computer right in front of a thousand people watching, and then later uses it to place the fake trades. Yet no one in Gotham finds this suspicious. The stock market's trading was not suspended when a terrorist attacked the place, and everyone believes that Bruce Wayne placed the trades after the attack. This is STUPID.
okay I don't want to create another heated debate or anything, just give you my view on these stupid plot points...
So about the stock exchange attack, Bane likes the theatrics, and even if he's not as insane as the Joker (which is another debatable dossier altogether imo...), he doesn't strike me as a well balanced guy either...
- Bane and Talia want to blow up the city. Rather than blow up the city when they have a bomb, they take it hostage for months for no reason whatsoever. When Batman tries to stop them, Bane breaks his back. Rather than kill him, they ship him off to a prison and give him plenty of time to heal up so that he can come back and foil their plans. This is STUPID.
Bane and Talia want Bruce to suffer first.
- Bruce Wayne has a broken back. Another inmate fixes it by punching his spine. This is STUPID.
How many movie characters recover from injuries in a very loose medical way? As Bane was the villain, they had to use that part of the story (Batman getting "broken" by Bane) to make a direct reference to the comics and to contrast with the duality of Batman vs. Joker in TDK. Bane is the only one who is a physical threat to Batman/Bruce. So, the way Bane crushes Batman's back was unrealistic? Well, I can live with it really...
- Batman races back to Gotham. He knows that the nuclear bomb is scheduled to go off and he has very limited time to stop it. So, when he gets back to Gotham, what's the first thing he does? He wastes a couple hours drawing a big bat symbol on a bridge that he can light on fire, which serves no purpose except to notify the villains that he's back in town and that they might want to try to stop him. This is STUPID.
No. the other purpose is to show Gotham that there's still hope. Motivate the people so they'll fight.
- The movie tells us that the ice under the bridge is so thin that every single person who tries to walk on it falls through and drowns. Later, Batman trudges out on that same ice wearing 100 pounds of body armor, and even SETS A DAMN FIRE on the ice, and nothing happens. This is STUPID.
Well...he's the frickkin' Batman! I bet there are many many stupid things to find in Iron Man 3 or Man Of Steel while we're at it. It's a goddamn superhero movie, it's one thing to "ground things in reality" but I wouldn't expect a John Cassavetes flick either... Batman is still Batman - a guy who dresses in a funny bat costume to fight crime. This is STUPID. Ha!
I could go on and on like this, but I have better things to do with my time right now, and you're probably just going to say "Nuh uh" to whatever I write anyway.
I do have better things to do with my time as well, but I did take a bit of this time to reply, and I'm proud of it, huhuh..