or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Boxee Box Owner's Thread - Reviews, tips, tricks, bugs and feature requests
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Boxee Box Owner's Thread - Reviews, tips, tricks, bugs and feature requests - Page 320

post #9571 of 9676
I got one on ebay, but i am not able to get netflix to launch. What am i doing wrong? I cleared the netflix data, but still no go, all i see if the message about 7.99 for one month. No issue with youtube app though.
post #9572 of 9676
If you haven't already done so, give your box a full restore. Just off the top of my head I think you hold down the power switch on the box for some 7 or 8 seconds when powering on and that will bring up the menu. After you do a factory restore/reset, whatever it's called, then the box will locate and update to the latest firmware. Netflix should work then. I just watched a Netflix movie on my Boxee so the service is working.
post #9573 of 9676
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post

I got one on ebay, but i am not able to get netflix to launch. What am i doing wrong? I cleared the netflix data, but still no go, all i see if the message about 7.99 for one month. No issue with youtube app though.

Do you actually have a Netflix account?
post #9574 of 9676
Yes the problem is i cannot even get the login screen.
post #9575 of 9676
I'd like to keep my BB in my bedroom and split the HDMI to watch in the living room as well while using my phone as a remote for the living room. I already know the remote signal reaches/works, however I'd like to know exactly the procedure and equipment other's on here have done to make this work. I do have an HDMI three-way switch with one output, and three inputs, however this does not seem to work. I believe it would be due to I would need a switch with a single input and two(3) outputs. But I am not sure. I have noticed that if I unplug the HDMI from the TV in the bedroom and plug it into the TV in the living room that I do not get a signal. I find that quite odd and not sure how that is possible.

Please only suggest and reply only if you have done this yourself while owning a BB. I do not want to go out purchasing parts and trying them out on "This should work for you".

If it makes a difference, the two TV's and AVR are:

- Toshiba 32C100U1
- Vizio VM60PHDTV10A
- Pioneer VSX-821-K

Thanks for any help.
Edited by 1ne2woBe - 6/18/13 at 8:00pm
post #9576 of 9676
To solve the no signal issue power off/on the TV. I have same vm60p TV and due to hdmi hand shake issues I have to power off/on
post #9577 of 9676
finally sold the old boxee box. goodnight sweet prince.
post #9578 of 9676
Myabe i should look into selling mine. I have not turned them on for several weeks now.
post #9579 of 9676
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post

finally sold the old boxee box. goodnight sweet prince.

so you guys moved on to popcorn hour a-400?
post #9580 of 9676
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post

so you guys moved on to popcorn hour a-400?

thats what im trying to figure out so i can dump my two BBoxes and boxee tv. i wish plex would come out with hardware, using apple tv with plexconnect for now.
post #9581 of 9676
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post

so you guys moved on to popcorn hour a-400?

I have. That is what I use for most of my BD ISO playback.
post #9582 of 9676
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post

so you guys moved on to popcorn hour a-400?

Not I.

I tried to move to Dune. Got a Dune 303D but that didn't workout so well. I'm back to the BB. Still waiting for a replacement.
post #9583 of 9676
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I have. That is what I use for most of my BD ISO playback.

Moved to the a400 as well. So far no major complaints. Not as "simple" as Boxee but then nothing really is.
post #9584 of 9676
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post

To solve the no signal issue power off/on the TV. I have same vm60p TV and due to hdmi hand shake issues I have to power off/on
Thank you. It worked great. One step closer to what I am wanting. Thanks again!
post #9585 of 9676
Moved on to Mede8er here, and I don't miss Boxee much, except for ease of having Netflix built it and the TV/movie jukebox (to extent it worked), especially via Boxee+ hack.
post #9586 of 9676
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post

I got one on ebay, but i am not able to get netflix to launch. What am i doing wrong? I cleared the netflix data, but still no go, all i see if the message about 7.99 for one month. No issue with youtube app though.
Did a full factory restore, upgraded again, cleared cache/netfix stuff , still no go, I don't get the login screen for netflix. What am i missing?
post #9587 of 9676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Moved on to Mede8er here, and I don't miss Boxee much, except for ease of having Netflix built it and the TV/movie jukebox (to extent it worked), especially via Boxee+ hack.
Thanks for mentioning BB+! Never heard of it before now, and it had most of the features I always wanted. Was an easy install and it's fun messing around with it. So glad someone picked up where the Boxee team dropped it.
post #9588 of 9676
Contemplating letting my Boxee Box go. I made the switch to a Roku 3 a while ago and love it. The only thing the BB has on the Roku is the ability to play ISO files. I can't remember the last time I had an ISO file to play.
post #9589 of 9676
It aint over till Sam (has) sung !
post #9590 of 9676
So Samsung picked up Boxee? And paid $30 million?eek.gif
post #9591 of 9676
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

So Samsung picked up Boxee? And paid $30 million?eek.gif
Looks like it, yes!!
post #9592 of 9676
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJO1966 View Post

Contemplating letting my Boxee Box go. I made the switch to a Roku 3 a while ago and love it. The only thing the BB has on the Roku is the ability to play ISO files. I can't remember the last time I had an ISO file to play.

Roku cant play high bitrate content, which is a problem for some of us.
post #9593 of 9676
Wow,

Boxee just gave 7 days notice until discontinuation of the cloud DVR service. Unbelievable. I love my Boxee Box (one of the few, I know...no problems with local content aside from HD audio drops), but really, what a total shaft to customers. I was actually thinking of trying the TV/DVR box....I cant' believe they'd just bail on their customers like that.

Even though I didn't get burned, I won't be ever buying anything from Avner again (abandoned Boxee Box, and now a complete shaft on the Cloud DVR Boxee).
post #9594 of 9676
Quote:
Originally Posted by skro View Post

Wow,

Boxee just gave 7 days notice until discontinuation of the cloud DVR service. Unbelievable. I love my Boxee Box (one of the few, I know...no problems with local content aside from HD audio drops), but really, what a total shaft to customers. I was actually thinking of trying the TV/DVR box....I cant' believe they'd just bail on their customers like that.

Even though I didn't get burned, I won't be ever buying anything from Avner again (abandoned Boxee Box, and now a complete shaft on the Cloud DVR Boxee).

I'm not surprised at all!
post #9595 of 9676
Quote:
Originally Posted by skro View Post

Wow,

Boxee just gave 7 days notice until discontinuation of the cloud DVR service. Unbelievable. I love my Boxee Box (one of the few, I know...no problems with local content aside from HD audio drops), but really, what a total shaft to customers. I was actually thinking of trying the TV/DVR box....I cant' believe they'd just bail on their customers like that.

Even though I didn't get burned, I won't be ever buying anything from Avner again (abandoned Boxee Box, and now a complete shaft on the Cloud DVR Boxee).

I have not received anything yet. I just checked my Boxee account and it's not showing anything different with the DVR.

EDIT: I see some info here. But I have not received anything
http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/3/4492160/boxee-cloud-dvr-shutting-down-july-10th-in-wake-of-samsung-acquisition

Well at least the BoxeeTV did not cost me anything so I can't really complain about the DVR service being cancelled
post #9596 of 9676
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I have not received anything yet. I just checked my Boxee account and it's not showing anything different with the DVR.

EDIT: I see some info here. But I have not received anything
http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/3/4492160/boxee-cloud-dvr-shutting-down-july-10th-in-wake-of-samsung-acquisition

Well at least the BoxeeTV did not cost me anything so I can't really complain about the DVR service being cancelled


Here you go. Google is your friend.

http://boxee-v2.herokuapp.com/
post #9597 of 9676
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Here you go. Google is your friend.

http://boxee-v2.herokuapp.com/

That should be on the my.boxee.tv site which is the site for the BoxeeTV recordings.
post #9598 of 9676
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skro View Post

Wow,

Boxee just gave 7 days notice until discontinuation of the cloud DVR service. Unbelievable. I love my Boxee Box (one of the few, I know...no problems with local content aside from HD audio drops), but really, what a total shaft to customers. I was actually thinking of trying the TV/DVR box....I cant' believe they'd just bail on their customers like that.

Even though I didn't get burned, I won't be ever buying anything from Avner again (abandoned Boxee Box, and now a complete shaft on the Cloud DVR Boxee).

In this case the culprit is Samsung. Samsung did the acquisition and they will be busily shuttering Boxee over the next 45-90 days (my guess, but based on past history with these types of acquisitions that's as long as I give it).
post #9599 of 9676
Apparently Samsung are keeping on the staff, I wonder if Boxee will become an app or the actual platform for Samsung smart tv's as Samsung don't want to hop aboard the GoogleTV train.
post #9600 of 9676
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post

Roku cant play high bitrate content, which is a problem for some of us.

I was going to get rid of my Boxee Box because I hadn't used it in a while, but I held off because of your comment. Last night I finally came across a file the Roku couldn't handle. I was about to watch it on my computer, but then I remembered this. The BB handled it like a champ. It still won't be my every day box, but it will still have a home in my media cabinet. Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Boxee Box Owner's Thread - Reviews, tips, tricks, bugs and feature requests