Originally Posted by dr_hsu
That is correct. I have not used a Yamaha, but even if YPAO does not try to boost the low bass, the suggested method works equally well.
Enjoy it! Have fun fine tuning the sub.
dr-hsu/fellow dual H15s owners,
it would really be nice to have a complete and detailed procedure for how to integrate two H15s (or any other HSU subs) into a room with Audyssey equalization. Here is what I understand so far (and what I do not):
1) Place sub at listening position. What setting should the sub have for this first step? Both ports plugged? Eq=1?
2) While playing (which cut from the included CD), take measurements with calibrated microphone in different portions of the room.
3) Place subwoofer in room location where response is the smoothest
4) Place second sbwoofer next to the first one? Or is it recommended to place second sub in the opposite side of the room?When do we test the impact of switching the phase...before or after Audyssey?
5) Now you are ready for Audyssey calibration. Set both subs to Eq=1 Q=0.7, phase =0, volume at 75 db each (using Audyssey microphone). Which ports to be opened if the two subs are next to each other?
6) Save Audyssey file and then tweak away? Is the tweaking done based on listening tests alone? or is it best to use the calibrated microphone in the listening position and use a frequency analyzer to measure the affect of the changes?
Thanks in advance