or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Tech Talk › Subtitles For 3D movies ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Subtitles For 3D movies ?

post #1 of 34
Thread Starter 
While watching 3D movies on my samsung tv, I was unable to see my .srt extensions subtitles properly.

On 2D movies, there is no problem. Is there a way to modify the subtitles to be viewed correctly?
post #2 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyen View Post

While watching 3D movies on my samsung tv, I was unable to see my .srt extensions subtitles properly.

On 2D movies, there is no problem. Is there a way to modify the subtitles to be viewed correctly?

You have to burn it in, in a movie editor such as Sony's Vegas.
The real time subtitling is not supported properly.


Mathew Orman
post #3 of 34
Thread Starter 
Thank you for yor reply.

I have downloaded sidebyside version 3d movies, with mkv ektensions, not iso files.
I put the subtitle files in the directory, tv shows it correctly. When i turn the Tv to 3D sbs mode, the subtitle is not shown properly, because it mixes two frames to make one 3D frame. Is there any solution for sidebyside movies.
post #4 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyen View Post

Thank you for yor reply.

I have downloaded sidebyside version 3d movies, with mkv ektensions, not iso files.
I put the subtitle files in the directory, tv shows it correctly. When i turn the Tv to 3D sbs mode, the subtitle is not shown properly, because it mixes two frames to make one 3D frame. Is there any solution for sidebyside movies.

Try to doubling the length and text of each subtitle line in subtitle file.
Example:
//----------------------------------- Hello! ------------------------////----------------------------------- Hello! ------------------------//


Mathew Orman
post #5 of 34
Thread Starter 
Its difficuilt to do that. It takes time and boring.

I had used WD Live media player. It had destroyed the subtitle viewing.

Now i turned back to samsung share manager and DLNA properties of TV is sufficient for the time being to watch sbs movies with subtitles properly.
post #6 of 34
I'm actually dealing with the same problem... the big A?

I was playing around with TSMuxer on the weekend and there appears to be options for subtitle placement when you have the accompanying srt file to transcode into the video. It looks like you can choose how many pixels you'd like the sibtitles placed from the left or right (defaults to center). If you place the subtitles on either the left or right side of the SBS MKV, they should appear to be centered when the TV is flipped into SBS mode. Couple problems with this:

1. Since the subtitles will only be displayed on every other frame, they'll be hard to read (only one eye will be able to see the subtitles which will be annoying).

2. If the subtitles are "long enough" they'll cross the center line and we'll have the cross issues.

3. When the image is stretched out to full screen, the subtitle font will be distorted.

I think the only way around the issue will be the manual "double the subtitles" procedures but like you, I'm not thrilled about doing this.
post #7 of 34
Thread Starter 
Code:
1
00:11:08,334 --> 00:11:10,585
                                                                            May the All Mother...

2
00:11:10,670 --> 00:11:12,837
                                                                         ...smile upon our first meeting.

3
00:11:12,838 --> 00:11:16,049
                                                                              Not bad. You sound
                                                                                a little formal.

4
00:11:17,218 --> 00:11:19,511
                                                                           I studied for five years...

5
00:11:19,512 --> 00:11:21,596
                                                                          ...but there is much to learn.

6
00:42:50,359 --> 00:42:53,236
                                                                           Calm people, calm.
For 3D sbs movies , the subtitle will be in a form like above.

Avatar 3D Half-SBS subtitle is in attachment as sample.
Is there a way to convert quickly like this?

While Normal subtitle file
Quote:
1
00:00:03,000 --> 00:00:08,500
Film gerçek olaylara
dayanmaktadır. Karakterler...

2
00:00:08,500 --> 00:00:12,500
...ve olaylar kurgulanıp,
diyaloglar canlandırılmıştır.

3
00:00:16,000 --> 00:00:21,000
Çevirmen: panconur

 

Avatar3DHalf-SBS.zip 2.4541015625k . file
post #8 of 34
What do the numbers after the comma in the time stamp mean?
post #9 of 34
Milliseconds.
post #10 of 34
So we'll have to manually determine spacing for each individual line so that the doubled subtitle has the same starting point when flipped into SBS... well ****.

Does anybody know how many characters a line of subtitle text can be? Hopefully it's the same for the majority of sources... this sucks.

Here's hoping somebody just codes SBS subtitle suport into their muxer. Maybe I'll post this on the TSMuxer and MKV2VOB forums...
post #11 of 34
If you play with ffdshow, then there's an option for stereoscopic placement of subtitles, which displays the subs twice, once on the left and once on the right side, for use with side-by-side playback. Not sure if there's really any solution for other players though.
post #12 of 34
I saw that but couldn't get the subs to show with my SBS MKV movie (with the srt file in the directory, PS3 told me the file was corrupt upon starting playback). Maybe I'll look into this a little more...
post #13 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyen View Post
Thank you for yor reply.

I have downloaded sidebyside version 3d movies, with mkv ektensions, not iso files.
I put the subtitle files in the directory, tv shows it correctly. When i turn the Tv to 3D sbs mode, the subtitle is not shown properly, because it mixes two frames to make one 3D frame. Is there any solution for sidebyside movies.
Where do you downloaded sidebyside version 3d movies with mkv ektensions?
post #14 of 34
Thread Starter 
İ dont know whether it is correct to give another site link. İf so, delete the link

Torrent and web sites for 3D sbs or iso files
***********
post #15 of 34
Just another reason for me to avoid sub titled films ..
post #16 of 34
Thread Starter 
3DSubtitler is the program for subtitle for 3D movies

http://84.27.10.123/3DSubtitler
post #17 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Just another reason for me to avoid sub titled films ..

I would agree... but what about AVATAR .... you need the subtitles for Navi speaking parts
post #18 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark View Post

I would agree... but what about AVATAR .... you need the subtitles for Navi speaking parts

One Avatar viewing was more than enough for me ..
post #19 of 34
FWIW: Boxee Box can display UI elements and soft-subs properly when in side-by-side or top-and-bottom mode.
post #20 of 34
Here is an application made to convert subtitles to SBS

http://84.27.10.123/3DSubtitler
post #21 of 34
Yeah, works great. Subtitler produces an idx and a subfile.
When you add the idx to the mkv - container ( most 3d sbs films are in mkv ), the subs work great on media - player or another player on pc.
But when I play the new mkv with use of a hardware-mediaplayer that displays on my TV, the subs seem to dissapear.
Probably the solution is to burn the idx subs permanently in de videopart of the mkv.
Who knows to do just that?
Greetings from Holland, Jan
post #22 of 34
Converted the srt using 3D subtitler and merged the file to my mkv using mkvmerge. But no subtitles showed up while playing the mkv file using my AC Ryan Media Player. Can someone advise me on this? I tried several vertical positioning as I thought it might have been hidden but still no subs.
post #23 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yif3ng View Post
Converted the srt using 3D subtitler and merged the file to my mkv using mkvmerge. But no subtitles showed up while playing the mkv file using my AC Ryan Media Player. Can someone advise me on this? I tried several vertical positioning as I thought it might have been hidden but still no subs.
Same problem here, so until someone has the solution, I found this working tool:

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/sh....php?tid=47904
post #24 of 34
The ACRyan does not support MKV's with idx/sub or bluray .sup files muxen into it.

What will work for you and will give you the best quality is:
- create a bluray subtitle, .sup
- with txMuxer, mux the MKV + the generated .sup file to a bluray folder (check bluray folder in txMuxer)
- with Imgburn, create an .iso file from the generated folders BDMV and CERTIFICATE

You can copy this .iso to your ACRyan and it will play perfect.
You get bluray .sup quality subtitles, much better that vobsub.
It's nice and clean to only have .iso on your ACRyan's harddisk

(I have a ACRyan myself and I always do it like this)
post #25 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonos View Post

The ACRyan does not support MKV's with idx/sub or bluray .sup files muxen into it.

What will work for you and will give you the best quality is:
- create a bluray subtitle, .sup
- with txMuxer, mux the MKV + the generated .sup file to a bluray folder (check bluray folder in txMuxer)
- with Imgburn, create an .iso file from the generated folders BDMV and CERTIFICATE

You can copy this .iso to your ACRyan and it will play perfect.
You get bluray .sup quality subtitles, much better that vobsub.
It's nice and clean to only have .iso on your ACRyan's harddisk

(I have a ACRyan myself and I always do it like this)



Oh my god, after five months trying to find a solution, I read your tip and everything
work, you deserve a prize! I loved your tip, it worked
wonderfully. I so thank you after this journey of errors.
post #26 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger561 View Post

Oh my god, after five months trying to find a solution, I read your tip and everything
work, you deserve a prize! I loved your tip, it worked
wonderfully. I so thank you after this journey of errors.

Any one knows, if it work at wdtv live plus?
post #27 of 34
Hello, it's work BUT the tsmuxer is not accept my sound file, I add the mkv movie file, the tsmuxer say "some tracks not recognized this tracks was ignored" I made iso file and it's work, the subtitle are at the center and very good, but this is with no sound, please help!!!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonos View Post

The ACRyan does not support MKV's with idx/sub or bluray .sup files muxen into it.

What will work for you and will give you the best quality is:
- create a bluray subtitle, .sup
- with txMuxer, mux the MKV + the generated .sup file to a bluray folder (check bluray folder in txMuxer)
- with Imgburn, create an .iso file from the generated folders BDMV and CERTIFICATE

You can copy this .iso to your ACRyan and it will play perfect.
You get bluray .sup quality subtitles, much better that vobsub.
It's nice and clean to only have .iso on your ACRyan's harddisk

(I have a ACRyan myself and I always do it like this)
post #28 of 34
Hello, it's work BUT the tsmuxer is not accept my sound file, I add the mkv movie file, the tsmuxer say "some tracks not recognized this tracks was ignored" I made iso file and it's work, the subtitle are at the center and very good, but this is with no sound, please help!!!!!
post #29 of 34
Is there any procedure so i can see 3D GREEK SUBTITLES to my samsung ue40d6000 because i have try to make idx/sub from srt with program 3dsubtitler 2.7.1.0 but the 3dtv doesn't regonise it at all.

SO CAN YOU SUGGEST ME SOMETHING????
post #30 of 34
Hello.
Look for "MKVMERGE GUI". after download take the movie and take the sound file out, save it.
After you did the sub file.
Go to "txmuxer" choose the new movie file without sound. Then mux the sub file and the movie together. save it. go back to MkvMerge add the sound file and the new movie with sub you made. It may work.
TxMuxer usually accept all sound fils but some time not.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Tech Talk
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Tech Talk › Subtitles For 3D movies ?