I chose to cut the speaker recesses and holes in the front baffle before I attach the front baffle. If anything does not come out exactly how I want it I can re-do it.
I cut very small bevels on the front of the box and the back of the baffle. It will be where the two finishes meet. It will also hide any finish thickness differences.
I temporarily attached the front baffles and flush trimmed them. I used a special flush trim cutter. It is much more stable then a router and a standard flush trim bit.
Here are a few photos.
It does a very good job. By the way it also cost $700. It is made by Art Betterly.
Today if I have the time I will cut all the speaker holes and attach the baffles. I am shooting for spraying to begin Saturday.
I also made test holes in some scrap material and sprayed finish on them. As I suspected the woof was to tight to fit with the finish. I am going to go up one size.