Some of the posts seem to be referring to models other that the 554sv.
That's a bit confusing when nothing is mentioned to that effect.
As for me and my tale/situation, I stopped by my "Club outlet" today and laid out my situation to the Store manager.
- 1. Bought 554sv on Jan 4th, 2011
- 2. Gloriously happy so far.
- 3. Found out Saturday while on Maui that the "Club outlet" had dropped the price of the 554sv
- $200.00 during the lead up week before the Super Bowl.
- 4. My 30 Day "Return to get the $$ Difference" expired on Feb 4th while I was "on Island".
- 5. In any event, my receipt was at home so the "Club outlet" on Maui wasn't going to help out no matter what.
- 6. Stated my satisfaction with the unit "as it is" and stated I was not interested in availing myself of the return policy. Just "Gimme da cash!"
- 7. Turned on my absolute best "Puppy Dog in the Window look".
After admonishing me about the fact they have contracts with the Mfg. about NOT
making exceptions, and that there was no chance to change that stipulation, the Mgr. said, "How sad you look. OK...the Club will eat the difference...and not hold the fact you were lazin' in Paradise for 2 weeks against you."
$200.00 cash in hand...feeling even more glorious, I preceded to go over to TVs and "Hold my junk!"....there was a Visio 65" 3Dsv . And Guys.....that set is "Polarized Passive 3D". That's right. The 65" has Dual Light Engines and uses Passive Polarized 3D Glasses!!!!(...comes with 4 pair no less...) And it also uses Active Shutter Glasses.
I have 60 days left on my "No Questions asked" return Policy, and if that 65"er even budges a bit from the $2999.00 asking price, it will be "so mine" so fast.
Now there are differences..
- The 554 is 480 Hz .... the 65" 3Dsv is 120 Hz.
- The 554 has 10,000,000:1 Dynamic CR ... the 65" 3Dsv only 1,000,000:1 D-CR
- The 65" 3Dsv is BIG! 3D BIG is always gonna be "Mo Bedder".
I'll tell ya sumpthin' though. With the effective Side Lit feature and the shared improvements in PQ it does have with the 554sv, it still had the best image of any other set on display other than the 554sv, which was brighter and appeared to have slightly warmer flesh tones and better pastel color rendition.
I viewed the Passive 3D with a Ice Age 3D BluRay on both the Visio 65"er and the 47" Panny "Top of the Line" Active 3D set and basically, the Visio ate the Panny for dinner...with Flava Beans and a nice Chanti. Sup-sup sup-sup.
Stay tuned Brethren. Sumpthin's a'stirring in Mississippi, and it ain't the Possum Stew.