or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Anthem MRX Receivers - 300, 500, 700 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anthem MRX Receivers - 300, 500, 700 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 485

post #14521 of 16451
Appreciated your thoughts Thanks i will go with the mrx300 from a dealer
post #14522 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by apilon View Post

Hello again

is the anthem analog output has a strong enough signal to drive a pro amp like qsc or behringer without having to install a samson s-converter or art box

Alain

I've had an MRX500 and an MRX700 driving a QSC and a Crown pro amp with no problems. I simply used RCA to XLR cables.
post #14523 of 16451
Hey guys.

I got a couple of things i wanna run by you - if you dont mind smile.gif

First off.. I am having a great deal of handshake issues with Panasonic's new line of budget blu ray players - the bdt-330 to be exact. Can you recommend a better option? Im experiencing video drop out, start up issues - as in no picture at all forcing me to restart the system, they don't seem to speak the same language - at all.. Bummer..

Anyway, in the process of trying to getting this to work, i resetted the receiver (mrx 700) to factory defaults and switched ARC off.. By doing this i noticed a dramatic increased in audio quality through the entire frequenzy range, which should be impossible as i only eq to 800 hz.. And the improvements i hear are in the 1-3+ khz range - which isen't corrected by ARC in the first place..

So, how do i wipe all traces of previous ARC's?

Yes i know that that resetting the receiver affects the settings and therefor ARC. But it seems to only be levels(?). Everything else was a match.
post #14524 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therien View Post

Hey guys.

I got a couple of things i wanna run by you - if you dont mind smile.gif

First off.. I am having a great deal of handshake issues with Panasonic's new line of budget blu ray players - the bdt-330 to be exact. Can you recommend a better option? Im experiencing video drop out, start up issues - as in no picture at all forcing me to restart the system, they don't seem to speak the same language - at all.. Bummer..

Anyway, in the process of trying to getting this to work, i resetted the receiver (mrx 700) to factory defaults and switched ARC off.. By doing this i noticed a dramatic increased in audio quality through the entire frequenzy range, which should be impossible as i only eq to 800 hz.. And the improvements i hear are in the 1-3+ khz range - which isen't corrected by ARC in the first place..

So, how do i wipe all traces of previous ARC's?

Yes i know that that resetting the receiver affects the settings and therefor ARC. But it seems to only be levels(?). Everything else was a match.

To fully erase the ARC solution, open the ARC PC application in Manual Mode on the computer - with it connected to the MRX of course - then click the ERASE button on the menu bar. After this you will not be able to select ARC unless you reload a fresh solution.
I would run a new set of measurements, after reading the various setup guides to check mic placement, etc, and then reload a new solution. Then see if you still get the same ON/OFF difference.
Regards, Mike.
post #14525 of 16451
Will do man, tanks! Have a feeling that my world is about to be rocked.

So any advice on the blu ray handshaking thing?
post #14526 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therien View Post

Will do man, tanks! Have a feeling that my world is about to be rocked.

So any advice on the blu ray handshaking thing?
Panasonic has this weird option called Viera link. Try turning that off and see what happens. It's supposed to allow different Panasonic HDMI products to talk to each other.
post #14527 of 16451
Hello,
If i am reading this correctly you stated you noticed a dramatic increase in audio quality when you turned off ARC. Is it possible that you had Dolby volume on when you were using ARC? That would decrease audio quality drastically!
post #14528 of 16451
Thanks for the suggestion Simpletheater, i'll check that later tonight smile.gif

@heffemusic

It was and is off, i am 100% positive. Anyway, im gonna do a clean sweep of the receiver tonight, and rerun ARC from scratch..
post #14529 of 16451
Hello again smile.gif just wanted to report back with my experiences. I ran the software and clicked erase and uploaded. Apparently the erase button is there for a reason smile.gif The AMP is now behaving exactly as it should, sounds perfect smile.gif

Still working on the player though, it's not running very smoothe. Borrowed brand new hdmi cabels, dident change anything. So it is the player..
post #14530 of 16451
My MRX 300 just came in but I will not be able to pick it up until Tuesday. Bummer. The dealer has the keyspan so I should be good to go but nonetheless I'm taking my son's laptop with me and hooking it up at the dealers (the dealer is 3 1/2 hours away). Hope all goes well.

On another note...does anyone know what the price of the Anthem PVA7 amp? Just curious. I'm going to run the Anthem as a pre/pro with my Emotiva XPA amps.
post #14531 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTGOLFER View Post

My MRX 300 just came in but I will not be able to pick it up until Tuesday. Bummer. The dealer has the keyspan so I should be good to go but nonetheless I'm taking my son's laptop with me and hooking it up at the dealers (the dealer is 3 1/2 hours away). Hope all goes well.

On another note...does anyone know what the price of the Anthem PVA7 amp? Just curious. I'm going to run the Anthem as a pre/pro with my Emotiva XPA amps.
PVA-7 has an MSRP of $1499.00
post #14532 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post

PVA-7 has an MSRP of $1499.00

Thanks, I thought I saw it listed somewhere for $2499 which was a little to rich for my blood. I have a Emotiva XPA-3 and UPA-500 that I would like to sell and pick up a single amp. I own the Klipsch KL-650 THX Ultra II's for my right, center and left speaker and the 125 watts will drive them easily.
post #14533 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTGOLFER View Post

Thanks, I thought I saw it listed somewhere for $2499 which was a little to rich for my blood. I have a Emotiva XPA-3 and UPA-500 that I would like to sell and pick up a single amp. I own the Klipsch KL-650 THX Ultra II's for my right, center and left speaker and the 125 watts will drive them easily.
You did, but that's the Canadian price. You're right having speakers with a 97dB sensitivity those 125 watts will easily drive your speakers.
post #14534 of 16451
I installed and caslibrated my mrx300 today

final results were

FL=+3
Center = -3
FR=+3
SR+0
SL=+1
Sub=+1

i am uploading my graph

Any suggestions to improve are welcome

Alain arctarget.jpg 303k .jpg file speakersetup1.jpg 290k .jpg file speakersetup2.jpg 313k .jpg file
post #14535 of 16451
Apilon, your speaker graphs look great. Your sub needs some help
Though. You have a 20db drop from 40hz to 100hz, that is a lot.

Your uncorrected sub graph should, ideally, look as flat as your speakers.

Make sure the dial on the back of your sub (freq ) is set as high as
As it can go. Looking at the graph makes me believe that moving the
Sub around will help.

ARC set the cut-off for your sub at 80hz, ideally we would like to
Have that number at 120hz.

Good luck.
post #14536 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post

Apilon, your speaker graphs look great. Your sub needs some help
Though. You have a 20db drop from 40hz to 100hz, that is a lot.

Your uncorrected sub graph should, ideally, look as flat as your speakers.

Make sure the dial on the back of your sub (freq ) is set as high as
As it can go. Looking at the graph makes me believe that moving the
Sub around will help.

ARC set the cut-off for your sub at 80hz, ideally we would like to
Have that number at 120hz.

Good luck.

Thank for your comments

my sub is a DIY power by a behringer EP4000

can i change the sub cut-off to 120 or by doing so i will have to rerun ARC ??

I do not have a lot of option to move the sub around a few inches to the right (currently it is next to my front left ) a few inches front

If i want to start all over again do i just restart ARV or do i need to erease everything first??
post #14537 of 16451
If you change the sub cut-off in the target window to 120hz
You do not need to re run ARC, just upload it.
However, this is not addressing/correcting the issue with
The sub!!

So I take It that the Behringer does not have standard sub controls
On it. Could be the issue.

As I posted before, the 20 db drop from 40hz to 100z is
Way too much for ARC to correct.

This is the caveat with ARC, when you have issues with
Speakers/subs/room/placement it is right there staring
You in the face!

Maybe time to consider a new sub??
post #14538 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post

If you change the sub cut-off in the target window to 120hz
You do not need to re run ARC, just upload it.
However, this is not addressing/correcting the issue with
The sub!!

So I take It that the Behringer does not have standard sub controls
On it. Could be the issue.

As I posted before, the 20 db drop from 40hz to 100z is
Way too much for ARC to correct.

This is the caveat with ARC, when you have issues with
Speakers/subs/room/placement it is right there staring
You in the face!

Maybe time to consider a new sub??

Tell me how do you determine how to move the sub meaning either sideways or forward base on the result??
post #14539 of 16451
In the manual mode of ARC use the "quick measure" feature.
Just measure the sub. Start by moving the sub away from any
Walls. I'm think forward. This may eliminate the peak that precedes
The large dip.

After running quick measure you must start over with a new ARC
Sweep.

Check as many different positions as you can. I actually had to turn
My sub toward my entertainment rack to remove my dip.
Luckily my dip was only 10db,yours is double that!
post #14540 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post

In the manual mode of ARC use the "quick measure" feature.
Just measure the sub. Start by moving the sub away from any
Walls. I'm think forward. This may eliminate the peak that precedes
The large dip.

After running quick measure you must start over with a new ARC
Sweep.

Check as many different positions as you can. I actually had to turn
My sub toward my entertainment rack to remove my dip.
Luckily my dip was only 10db,yours is double that![/quote

Thanks will do that

do i need to disengage arc prior to do a quick mesure??
post #14541 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post

In the manual mode of ARC use the "quick measure" feature.
Just measure the sub. Start by moving the sub away from any
Walls. I'm think forward. This may eliminate the peak that precedes
The large dip.

After running quick measure you must start over with a new ARC
Sweep.

Check as many different positions as you can. I actually had to turn
My sub toward my entertainment rack to remove my dip.
Luckily my dip was only 10db,yours is double that![/quote

Thanks will do that

do i need to disengage arc prior to do a quick mesure??
post #14542 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by apilon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post

In the manual mode of ARC use the "quick measure" feature.
Just measure the sub. Start by moving the sub away from any
Walls. I'm think forward. This may eliminate the peak that precedes
The large dip.

After running quick measure you must start over with a new ARC
Sweep.

Check as many different positions as you can. I actually had to turn
My sub toward my entertainment rack to remove my dip.
Luckily my dip was only 10db,yours is double that![/quote

Thanks will do that

do i need to disengage arc prior to do a quick mesure??

Not quite sure what you mean?

Quick measure is part of the ARC software on your computer.
post #14543 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post

Not quite sure what you mean?

Quick measure is part of the ARC software on your computer.[/quote

I meant turn off arc on the receiver
post #14544 of 16451
^^^not necessary to turn off ARC in the receiver
post #14545 of 16451
Are we still on 50.25? Long time since any update?
post #14546 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by philb37 View Post

Are we still on 50.25? Long time since any update?
According to the Anthem website, 50.25 is the latest. Not sure that another firmware is required as there don't seem to be any owners experiencing problems. There are some features I would like them to add such as the bitrate and sampling frequency for incoming signals, etc.
post #14547 of 16451
Yup 50.25 is the latest
post #14548 of 16451
Hello again smile.gif last time i wrote i was experiencing a scratching sound from my left surround. It ended up with i returned it to the dealer.. And after 5 long weeks they replaced it with a new unit - Nice.

But that opened up for a whole new set of problems.. Hdmi instabillity.. Now i get pink flashes, and all kinds of jitter when loading discs.. Have tried 3 different players. A cheap Samsung, a brand spanking new panasonic and a ps3, all showing symptoms of some sort.. The most stable seems to be the cheap Samsung and the panasonic is the worst by far. With the pana im allso blessed with sound issues.. Im reaching the end of my patience..

How are your mrx's behaving in this department?
post #14549 of 16451
^ I know I am stating the obvious but have you tried a different HDMI cable? I have a motorola time warner cable box, sony bdp-s590, and a Mede8er 600x3d media player and have no HDMI issues.
post #14550 of 16451
Hello,

i have the MRX 700, and it's great. For me there is one big question. I want to use zone 2 for music. I have a digital source (sonos ZP90) connected with toslink. Is there a way to get this playing in zone 2? This is because i want to check out if the DAC of the Anthem is better then the one build in the ZP90...

Thanks in advance!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Anthem MRX Receivers - 300, 500, 700 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide