or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Anthem MRX Receivers - 300, 500, 700 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anthem MRX Receivers - 300, 500, 700 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 486

post #14551 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartype View Post

Hello,

i have the MRX 700, and it's great. For me there is one big question. I want to use zone 2 for music. I have a digital source (sonos ZP90) connected with toslink. Is there a way to get this playing in zone 2? This is because i want to check out if the DAC of the Anthem is better then the one build in the ZP90...

Thanks in advance!
No, zone 2 only works in the analog domain
post #14552 of 16451
@ LVS

Yeh mate.. Spoke to the dealer, they are sending me a third set to try out.. If that doesent do it, it's off for repairs.... Again..
post #14553 of 16451
^ Good luck, hope 3rd time is the charm!
post #14554 of 16451
VTGOLFER,
You should be cooking by now. If not, work harder, work quicker
TJG
post #14555 of 16451
Thanks for the reply. That's a pity...
post #14556 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJG55 View Post

VTGOLFER,
You should be cooking by now. If not, work harder, work quicker
TJG

Thanks Tom,

Everything is set up and running smoothly. Had a small hick up in getting the calculations to upload but once I changed the USB port on my son's computer it uploaded without any hitches.

The sound quality with ARC vs. my Marantz AV7005 with Audyssey is a big improvement in my theater. I still have a ton of tweaking to get it better but I'm pretty satisfied with the initial set up with ARC. I was surprised how much better it sounded over the Marantz for two channel listening as well.

Thank you Tom and Mr. Toads. It was great meeting with you and Ron and appreciate all the time you spent going over the operations. You have a customer for life now. smile.gif
post #14557 of 16451
One more thing and I hope...how do you run manual test tones for the MRX-300? I know it has to be in one of the menu's but I didn't have a ton of time to look.
post #14558 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTGOLFER View Post

One more thing and I hope...how do you run manual test tones for the MRX-300? I know it has to be in one of the menu's but I didn't have a ton of time to look.
Select manual for test tone then scroll down to each channel with remote.
post #14559 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by coresare View Post

Select manual for test tone then scroll down to each channel with remote.

I take it Manual from the menu's. Is ARC pretty accurate with setting all speakers to the same DB's? If not can you manually set them to 75 without recalibrating ARC? Sorry for the questions but I've been so use to Audyssey and just getting to know ARC.
post #14560 of 16451
VT
Yes,manual in menu. Trust ARC. Remember, it is using the Mic position 1 to set levels. Trust ARC.
TJG55
post #14561 of 16451
ARC definitely averages the listening positions. So the 'best seat in the house' might not have the best settings. From my experience.
post #14562 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by coresare View Post

Select manual for test tone then scroll down to each channel with remote.

Can you please be more specific in how to do this?. I don't see this option....

Thanks
post #14563 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp10 View Post

Can you please be more specific in how to do this?. I don't see this option....

Thanks

OK. go inside your menu where you see the test tone option. select it and then hit the enter button and hit left / right / up down (I forget) so that it changes to Manual. Once it is set to manual then..

Hit the down cursor so the channel is highlighted. The test tone will play to the highlighted channel. Hit down again to move to the next channel.
post #14564 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by coresare View Post

OK. go inside your menu where you see the test tone option. select it and then hit the enter button and hit left / right / up down (I forget) so that it changes to Manual. Once it is set to manual then..

Hit the down cursor so the channel is highlighted. The test tone will play to the highlighted channel. Hit down again to move to the next channel.

I don't see a test tone option. Is this in the set up menu on the remote? Nothing happens when I press menu on my remote or on the front of the unit.
post #14565 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by coresare View Post

OK. go inside your menu where you see the test tone option. select it and then hit the enter button and hit left / right / up down (I forget) so that it changes to Manual. Once it is set to manual then..

Hit the down cursor so the channel is highlighted. The test tone will play to the highlighted channel. Hit down again to move to the next channel.

Got it thanks.....
post #14566 of 16451
Ok i use the manual test tone to try to move my sub around and well the side wall is the place where i was able to get the sub signal the flatier....

So this is take 2 of my measurement. Any comment or tweaking advices are welcome.

Maybe it is just a getting use to but the bass is not as boomy as it was with audyssey and my klipsch sound brighter

FL = +3
Center = -3
FR+ +3
SR = 0
SL = 0
SUB = +4

measuretak2sub.jpg 161k .jpg file measuretake2.jpg 164k .jpg file target.jpg 117k .jpg file
post #14567 of 16451
Your sub graph looks much better! I did not see the
Green calculated line on the measurements you posted.
Make sure you hit the "calculate" and then upload the
New measurements into The receiver.
post #14568 of 16451
Hello there, just got my Anthem MX300 and I'm having a problem. The Anthem is connected to a Rotel RB1080 that drives the 2 front speakers (B&W CM4), there is a weird background noise (like electrical tension noise) coming out of the speakers at all time if the amp is powered on, changing the volume doesn't effect that background noise. I try changing the cables between receiver and amp, the noise stays the same. The Rotel works like a charm with a Benchmark DAC USB 1. I haven't updated the software of the Anthem yet (waiting for the USB->SERIAL adaptor) but couldn't find anything about a similar problem in the change log. Any idead what this could be?
Thank you
post #14569 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierreuno View Post

Hello there, just got my Anthem MX300 and I'm having a problem. The Anthem is connected to a Rotel RB1080 that drives the 2 front speakers (B&W CM4), there is a weird background noise (like electrical tension noise) coming out of the speakers at all time if the amp is powered on, changing the volume doesn't effect that background noise. I try changing the cables between receiver and amp, the noise stays the same. The Rotel works like a charm with a Benchmark DAC USB 1. I haven't updated the software of the Anthem yet (waiting for the USB->SERIAL adaptor) but couldn't find anything about a similar problem in the change log. Any idead what this could be?
Thank you

Are you talking about a 60hz hum, or something different.?
post #14570 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post

Are you talking about a 60hz hum, or something different.?

It sure sounds like a 60hz hum, thanks for pointing this out, I still have a lot to learn.
My understanding is that it could come from the electrical installation in my building, right? The Anthem has a 2 prong power plug and the Rotel 3.
Should I try using the Rotel with a 2 prong power plug only?
post #14571 of 16451
Uh, you sure the Anthem has a 2 prong and not 3?
post #14572 of 16451
It sounds like a ground loop hum. The power cable with 2 prongs is a cheater cable/ earth-lift cable.

Does it hum with everything disconnected from the MRX (TV etc)?

If something connected to the MRX (even with the MRX using a cheater cable) is picking up or creating the hum, or a dodgy cable connected the external device, it'll pass it on to the Rotel.

I had a similar problem a few years ago with some power amps connected to an AV amp and despite using some ground loop isolators I couldn't eliminate the hum.

An interesting article on ground loops here http://www.subwoofer-builder.com/earth-loop.htm

Good luck smile.gif
post #14573 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by coresare View Post

Uh, you sure the Anthem has a 2 prong and not 3?

Yes 100% sure, here is a schema of the back panel of the Anthem: http://cdn.avsforum.com/a/a9/a90d45df_vbattach221302.png (2 prongs only)

My system sounds so good I need to get rid of that hum! Would something like this do the trick: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZRQ3PW/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=11XY34AKJ1Q4BWPRFWVE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846 ?
post #14574 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuk View Post


Does it hum with everything disconnected from the MRX (TV etc)?

This really put me on the right track! I just got rid of the hum!!

It was coming from the TV cable (the one I used to use for Comcast) plugged into my TV! Disconnecting it removed the noise!

Thank you guys! This week end is starting the right way!
post #14575 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierreuno View Post

Yes 100% sure, here is a schema of the back panel of the Anthem: http://cdn.avsforum.com/a/a9/a90d45df_vbattach221302.png (2 prongs only)
The part that connects to the wall is three prongs though right?

My system sounds so good I need to get rid of that hum! Would something like this do the trick: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZRQ3PW/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=11XY34AKJ1Q4BWPRFWVE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846 ?
post #14576 of 16451
More on the 60hz hum via the Anthem. I have always had a very slight 60hz hum in my system, but recently it has become much louder (10-15 db higher). My wiring behind the A/V rack is very messy, so I've naturally blamed myself for not using better cable management to separate power leads and speaker wire/interconnects.

However, today I simply power cycled the MRX 500 and when it came back on the hum was back to the very low, acceptable level it was in the past. This has me wondering what within my Anthem (or my Proceed AMP 5) could be causing this hum. No wires were moved before the power cycle, and no other (source) components were powered off in the process. Pretty sure this is in the Anthem or the Amp 5.
post #14577 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierreuno View Post

This really put me on the right track! I just got rid of the hum!!

It was coming from the TV cable (the one I used to use for Comcast) plugged into my TV! Disconnecting it removed the noise!

Thank you guys! This week end is starting the right way!
You should ground the cable cable properly via a powerbar or conditionner. I had the same problem, easy fix.
post #14578 of 16451
Quote:
Disconnecting it removed the noise!

Great news smile.gif
post #14579 of 16451
Anyone have any idea if Anthem will be coming out with a new receiver line this fall? I'm really interested in an MRX 300 but I would kind of kick myself if a new Anthem receiver comes out only a few months after buying one this summer.

Thanks,

Bill
post #14580 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphinbill View Post

Anyone have any idea if Anthem will be coming out with a new receiver line this fall? I'm really interested in an MRX 300 but I would kind of kick myself if a new Anthem receiver comes out only a few months after buying one this summer.

Thanks,

Bill

I doubt it, seems like Anthem dealers can't keep the mrx in stock.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Anthem MRX Receivers - 300, 500, 700 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide