or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Anthem MRX Receivers - 300, 500, 700 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anthem MRX Receivers - 300, 500, 700 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 527

post #15781 of 16451
Anyone have compared an Anthem Mrx to one of the Onkyo 1010 - 3010 -5010 line?.
Got a nice price on onkyo 1010 for 1500$, discounted from 2070$.
Onkyo got all the whistles and xt32 + sub EQ vs Anthem Room correction.

Only got the deal today, hope some can give me an answer smile.gif
post #15782 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by grymok View Post

Anyone have compared an Anthem Mrx to one of the Onkyo 1010 - 3010 -5010 line?.
Got a nice price on onkyo 1010 for 1500$, discounted from 2070$.
Onkyo got all the whistles and xt32 + sub EQ vs Anthem Room correction.

Only got the deal today, hope some can give me an answer smile.gif

Onkyo is Walmart Junk - my two cent opinion.
post #15783 of 16451
I SOLD MY 1009 ONKYO AND OWN A DEFECTIVE MRX300. . . THERES NO COMPARISON IN SOUND QUALITY. . ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE. THE ANTHEM IS LEAP AND BOUNDS AHEAD
post #15784 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by grymok View Post

Anyone have compared an Anthem Mrx to one of the Onkyo 1010 - 3010 -5010 line?.
Got a nice price on onkyo 1010 for 1500$, discounted from 2070$.
Onkyo got all the whistles and xt32 + sub EQ vs Anthem Room correction.

Only got the deal today, hope some can give me an answer smile.gif
Oink Oink Onkyo. A discount on something that does not sound good is a really bad decision. And what did you expect Anthem owners to say. All the bells and whistles in the world will not enhance the basic SQ of the Onkyo. wink.gif
post #15785 of 16451
HAS ANYBODY HERE SENT THEIR UNIT TO ANTHEM FOR REPAIRS UNDER WARRANTY? WHATS THE PROCESS LIKE? WHo PAYS FOR RETURN SHIPPING?HOW LONG DO THeY TAKE? DO THEY CALL TO TElL YOU THEY FOUND THE PROBLEM?
post #15786 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by gostan View Post

Oink Oink Onkyo. A discount on something that does not sound good is a really bad decision. And what did you expect Anthem owners to say. All the bells and whistles in the world will not enhance the basic SQ of the Onkyo. wink.gif

Did expect you guys to agree with me, that i should get a used Anthem Mrx 300 biggrin.gif.
Speaking with someone, who maybe will sell a 'like new' mrx 300 for 865$. New price en EU is 1637$. So i cross my fingers biggrin.gif
post #15787 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecamaross View Post

HAS ANYBODY HERE SENT THEIR UNIT TO ANTHEM FOR REPAIRS UNDER WARRANTY? WHATS THE PROCESS LIKE? WHo PAYS FOR RETURN SHIPPING?HOW LONG DO THeY TAKE? DO THEY CALL TO TElL YOU THEY FOUND THE PROBLEM?
Mine needed the MCU board replaced and mine was gone for 4 weeks. I shipped mine on a Tuesday and it arrived at Anthem's US shipping facility in Buffalo NY on Thursday. It took another 10 days before it arrived at Anthem in Canada. Then it was another week for them to work on it and fix it, though the work order says the fix was 1 hour, so they must have had several units in front of mine. Then another week to ship it back to me in Connecticut. All in all it took a month from the time it left me to the time I got it back and all that time was really wasted in shipping and clearing customs for something that was a 1 hour fix.

I sent an email to the contact info below and he always responded quickly and was excellent about giving me updates every few days.

To get warranty service you'll have to send Piero an email and he'll request your serial number for warranty verification. After that he will issue you an RMA number and instructions for returning it. I paid for shipping to Anthem but they paid the return shipping.


Piero Ferrari
Customer Service Supervisor

Paradigm Electronics Inc
205 Annagem Blvd, Mississauga , L5T 2V1
T (905) 696-2868

E pferrari@paradigm.com
Edited by Legairre - 10/24/13 at 10:41am
post #15788 of 16451
I JUST GOT THE RMA SO ILL SHIP IT TOMORROW. DID YOU USE INSURANCE OR SIGNSTURE ON DELIVERY. ?
post #15789 of 16451
Oh yeah the insurance and signature delivery were cheap and I used FedEx. Mine cost $33 to ship FedEx from CT, while UPS wanted $44.
post #15790 of 16451
JUST SHIPPED IT. HOPE IT ARRIVES BEFORE THANKSGIVING
post #15791 of 16451
Just in the process of acquiring used MRX300 through authorized dealer but the seller misplaced the original CD therefore had to call Anthem to get calibration file for the mic. Downloaded the attachment to my computer but I am unable to open the file. I am running Windows 7. Does the file only open when the laptop is connected to the receiver only or do I need a particular program to open the file. Do I need to download ARC software to the laptop & if so where can I find the latest version to download. Also is there a way to print individual posts from the thread as there are some good tips for using ARC that I want to print as a resourse during calibration.
post #15792 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodk View Post

Just in the process of acquiring used MRX300 through authorized dealer but the seller misplaced the original CD therefore had to call Anthem to get calibration file for the mic. Downloaded the attachment to my computer but I am unable to open the file. I am running Windows 7. Does the file only open when the laptop is connected to the receiver only or do I need a particular program to open the file. Do I need to download ARC software to the laptop & if so where can I find the latest version to download. Also is there a way to print individual posts from the thread as there are some good tips for using ARC that I want to print as a resourse during calibration.

Downlaod the ARC software, then copy the .cal file you were sent into the Anthem folder for example - C:\Program Files (x86)\Anthem\AnthemRoomCorrection
post #15793 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodk View Post

Just in the process of acquiring used MRX300 through authorized dealer but the seller misplaced the original CD therefore had to call Anthem to get calibration file for the mic. Downloaded the attachment to my computer but I am unable to open the file. I am running Windows 7. Does the file only open when the laptop is connected to the receiver only or do I need a particular program to open the file. Do I need to download ARC software to the laptop & if so where can I find the latest version to download. Also is there a way to print individual posts from the thread as there are some good tips for using ARC that I want to print as a resourse during calibration.
You need the arc software for the file to work. You don't manually open the .cal file. As long as it's in the ARC folder the ARC software will load it for you. When you run ARC it will load the .cal file and ask you to select it for your mic. I can't find the MRX gen 1 ARC software on Anthem's new site but if you like I can pm it to you.
post #15794 of 16451
Thanks to Legairre I was able to download the ARC file to ProgramFiles(x86)AnthemRoomCorrection. I also downloaded the mic cal file I got from Anthem to the same location. Hopefully ARC will automatically request for the mic cal file during setup process. Now the wait for the unit is killing me. I have tried Audyssey XT32, SMS-1 & AM8033 in my room but have not been completely satisfied with the results. Hopefully ARC is the missing piece.
post #15795 of 16451
Can ARC be tweaked especially for the sub channel? The reason I ask is my subs are sealed & they may need a bit of EQ'ing at the lower end so that they don't roll off too early. Another solution will be to use SMS-1 between MRX & the subs to do EQ at the bottom end but I am afraid that SMS-1 might muck up the ARC.
post #15796 of 16451
Would love to hear from Anthem on this...

Why don't you make ARC an app? With how powerful iPads are getting I'm sure they should have more than enough power to setup ARC, it's really ****** that its windows only and my windows computer is a old ass big heavy desktop computer with those fat screens that weigh a ton, with tablets killing laptop sales you guys should be considering developing an app based ARC over computer based.
post #15797 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder125 View Post

Would love to hear from Anthem on this...

Why don't you make ARC an app? With how powerful iPads are getting I'm sure they should have more than enough power to setup ARC, it's really ****** that its windows only and my windows computer is a old ass big heavy desktop computer with those fat screens that weigh a ton, with tablets killing laptop sales you guys should be considering developing an app based ARC over computer based.

You should try contacting Anthem directly if you are expecting to hear from them.
post #15798 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodk View Post

Thanks to Legairre I was able to download the ARC file to ProgramFiles(x86)AnthemRoomCorrection. I also downloaded the mic cal file I got from Anthem to the same location. Hopefully ARC will automatically request for the mic cal file during setup process. Now the wait for the unit is killing me. I have tried Audyssey XT32, SMS-1 & AM8033 in my room but have not been completely satisfied with the results. Hopefully ARC is the missing piece.

Vinod, just to be sure there's no misunderstanding, you can't simply copy the ARC application file to Windows > Program Files. ARC needs to be "installed" in Windows.

So you need to get the installation package and run its Setup.exe program (the installer).

For the original MRX models, you can download the ARC v3.0.2 install package from Anthem's web page. It's the same for all ARC capable Anthem units (except for the new, Generation 2 MRX models just now coming out), so you can download it from any of the lines on Anthem's download page where they've listed it -- e.g., the line under the D2v downloads.

It's OK to just copy the ARC mic calibration file to the correct location. Or instead, copy the Mic calibration file into the downloads package (UnZip the download and look in the folder that results). Put it in the same location as the Setup.exe program -- the installer itself. When you run the installer it will then also copy that Mic calibration file into the correct location.
--Bob
post #15799 of 16451
I do have the shortcut desktop icon for ARC on my laptop so I am assuming that its already installed on the laptop. When I open it, it does give me option for auto or manual setup.
post #15800 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

Vinod, just to be sure there's no misunderstanding, you can't simply copy the ARC application file to Windows > Program Files. ARC needs to be "installed" in Windows.

So you need to get the installation package and run its Setup.exe program (the installer).

For the original MRX models, you can download the ARC v3.0.2 install package from Anthem's web page. It's the same for all ARC capable Anthem units (except for the new, Generation 2 MRX models just now coming out), so you can download it from any of the lines on Anthem's download page where they've listed it -- e.g., the line under the D2v downloads.

It's OK to just copy the ARC mic calibration file to the correct location. Or instead, copy the Mic calibration file into the downloads package (UnZip the download and look in the folder that results). Put it in the same location as the Setup.exe program -- the installer itself. When you run the installer it will then also copy that Mic calibration file into the correct location.
--Bob
I gave him the 3.02 zip from Anthem's site so I'm assuming he ran the setup.exe installer and then just copied the .cal file to the install directory.
post #15801 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodk View Post

I do have the shortcut desktop icon for ARC on my laptop so I am assuming that its already installed on the laptop. When I open it, it does give me option for auto or manual setup.
If you ended up with the shortcut icon being created on the desktop, then you ran the ARC installer.

So you are good to go.
--Bob
post #15802 of 16451
Thanks guys! Should I copy & paste the cal file in the setup.exe file or should I just leave it in the main ARC file in the program files as it is now?
post #15803 of 16451
The .cal file should be in the same directory as the "AnthemRoomCorrection.exe" file. Just make sure you put the .cal file in this location: C:\Program Files\Anthem\AnthemRoomCorrection and you'll be fine.
post #15804 of 16451
Is it correct to set the front speakers to "large" with the Anthem MRX 700 when I have a sub and listening to music? I recently noticed that the guy who installed and ran the ARC set the fronts to "large" when I believe they should be set to "small" when I use the subwoofer to listen to music. I tried to set ithem to "small" but the system won't let me as if the setting is locked and I can't unlock it. How do I set it to "small" from the menu setting, if my assumption is correct. Thanks for all your help.
post #15805 of 16451
D-Nice came out to the S.F. bay area this weekend. I had asked him to do a follow up calibration on my Kuro 111. It's been three years since he first had done my display. At that time I had a B&K receiver. He noticed immediately that there was something off in the gamma. All of my sources are routed through the Anthem 700 in "through" mode now. He bypassed the Anthem and this corrected the gamma problem. I can confirm from this, as others have suggested, that Anthem through mode has an adverse effect on the video signal.
post #15806 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamptons View Post

Is it correct to set the front speakers to "large" with the Anthem MRX 700 when I have a sub and listening to music? I recently noticed that the guy who installed and ran the ARC set the fronts to "large" when I believe they should be set to "small" when I use the subwoofer to listen to music. I tried to set ithem to "small" but the system won't let me as if the setting is locked and I can't unlock it. How do I set it to "small" from the menu setting, if my assumption is correct. Thanks for all your help.
Go into the menu, speaker configuration, and change it to small 60 or small 80.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post

D-Nice came out to the S.F. bay area this weekend. I had asked him to do a follow up calibration on my Kuro 111. It's been three years since he first had done my display. At that time I had a B&K receiver. He noticed immediately that there was something off in the gamma. All of my sources are routed through the Anthem 700 in "through" mode now. He bypassed the Anthem and this corrected the gamma problem. I can confirm from this, as others have suggested, that Anthem through mode has an adverse effect on the video signal.

Thanks for the information. I wonder if this is the case for all video modes? I assume it would be as "through" is suppose to leave the video untouched.

Unfortunately, I use a small media player for video playback and it only has 1 hdmi output. Maybe it's time for me to invest in a good hdmi splitter.
post #15807 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post

Go into the menu, speaker configuration, and change it to small 60 or small 80.

Do I have to re-run the ARC if changed to "small"? Thanks.
post #15808 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamptons View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post

Go into the menu, speaker configuration, and change it to small 60 or small 80.

Do I have to re-run the ARC if changed to "small"? Thanks.
It's been a while since I ran ARC on my system. Changing them after ARC adjustments have been uploaded would alter the frequency curves and may result in a disconnect between when the fronts level off and the sub kicks in.

Edit: No, you cannot set speaker size when running ARC. Sorry about any confusion my reply may have caused.

Edited by audit13 - 10/28/13 at 7:06pm
post #15809 of 16451
No you don't have to re-run ARC. Just switch to small and you're good to go.
post #15810 of 16451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post

D-Nice came out to the S.F. bay area this weekend. I had asked him to do a follow up calibration on my Kuro 111. It's been three years since he first had done my display. At that time I had a B&K receiver. He noticed immediately that there was something off in the gamma. All of my sources are routed through the Anthem 700 in "through" mode now. He bypassed the Anthem and this corrected the gamma problem. I can confirm from this, as others have suggested, that Anthem through mode has an adverse effect on the video signal.

Good to know

This has been stated before but can you see it on moving images. I compared this before and unable to see it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Anthem MRX Receivers - 300, 500, 700 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide