Ok so not too much actual construction has taken place recently, but I have actually made quite a bit of progress.
First and most importantly, iRule is now WORKING with ALL of my devices!
I finally had a few hours to sit down and really pay attention it. iRule is actually really intuitive and simple to use once you get the hang of connecting the devices through the gateways. I am really happy with the remote and the automation possibilities are extremely cool.
I have been trying to clean up the basement and finish up some loose ends in the theater and I have a lot of leftover scrap materials...
I made some boxes to serve as L/R speaker stands so that I can get the tweeters at the midline of the screen and level with the center speaker. I haven't filled them with sand yet but they're beefy (my speakers have a big footprint and need to be raised 12"). I think they're going to weigh in at about 175lbs. each and I'm enlisting Andreas to help get them positioned this weekend.
Sorry - I guess I forgot to take pics of them...but I SWEAR it happened.
Then I started cleaning. I had very few tools when I started this project. I'm sure my inventory is still really meager compared to most everyone else here, but I needed a place to store some stuff other than the basement floor and an old coffee table. So I found my favorite type of plans on familyhandyman.com (aka the free kind of plans), gathered my leftover materials, and built my first ever workbench. I had enough 2x4 scraps to make the entire frame. Here's what I had to buy:
Plywood top: $15
Fluorescent Shop Light: $20
Bulbs for Light: $8
Handy Dandy Pegboard Organizer Kit: $11Materials total: $54
So I cut a bunch of sticks to size (some of them are black from being used in the screen wall in my temp theater):
Put the frame together, added plywood, pegboard and tools, and voila! Workbench and tool storage:
Unfortunately, one of my upcoming weekend projects is to tape and paint the wall in the pic above. I'm sooooo over taping.