With the exception of the equipment room door, the panels are DONE and the punch list is now very short to "finish" the theater! I know I know - there is no such thing as really finished...I'm already getting materials together for my next project.
Items still to complete:
- Finish up baseboard trim near steps
- Acoustic panel on equipment room door
- Set and fill approximately one bazillion nail holes.
I will be doing some other major projects in my house next year, but there are still a few theater items on my list for 2013:
- Equipment room floor. I'm considering epoxy (don't know if that will work) or some laminate flooring a friend had leftover from a project. It will need to be suitable for a rack with wheels.
- Build a projector hushbox.
- Build a ticket booth.
Jimmy - The frames are about 2.25" deep and are filled with 2" of fiberglass (OC705)...some DIY absorbers and diffusers in there based on the plans I received with the pro theater layout service.
Here are the completed panels...the room needs a good cleaning but is basically ready for action!