Wow it has been quite a while without a post - I have been using the theater non-stop over the holidays and it has been great! What an amazing project this has been...I really am so glad that I decided to take this on.
So here's the latest. First I will start with the best way to counteract a post-Christmas winter storm:
1) Authentic Utica, NY chicken riggies
3) One awesome AVS-inspired home theater
4) A pile of new Xmas blu-rays
I have been pretty lazy construction-wise lately. (I have been watching too many movies to make any progress!) I did, however, fix the poster frame issue I had with the different-colored LED light strips. That 3M tape backer really sticks well - I was having an impossible time pulling the lights off and it was ruining the markerboard they were stuck to, so I ended up using a knife to score the markerboard on each side of the light strip. This eliminated tearing the markerboard and worked much better.
Pulling off the black lights...
White lights in place...
I also got a few new posters for Chrstmast...the Black Swan poster is really cool - lots of light from this one:
Everyone needs a Hangover poster:
I also have one of the 40-Year Old Virgin around somewhere. Wow Steve Carell's grin in that one is so ridiculous it makes me laugh every time I look at it!
I also had an unfortunate incident that luckily didn't end up being catastrophic. I was taking some suitcases down to the basement at about midnight on Dec. 30. Walking back to my utility area, I stepped into water. UGH NOOOOO. I walked back to the hot water heater and it was not pretty. The heater was gushing water onto the ground. I am so lucky that I caught it when it did. The water got within about 10 feet of the theater but never actually got there. I spent about 5 hours moving stuff and vacuuming up water. (That shop-vac is a LIFE SAVER!!!) I have an 8 gallon shop vac and I emptied it at least 6 times after vacuuming up water from the floor!
I have some carpet & pad outside the theater that got very wet and I am considering having a restoration company come in to dry everything out. I have dehumidifiers running down there now but I am really afraid of mold etc. and the carpet is still wet after 48 hours. Time to call in the pros methinks. Unfortunately, a bunch of OC703 bit the dust with this one...
Here is a pic of the situation in my utility area after I moved a bunch of stuff and vacuumed about 25 gallons off the floor.
My alarm company is coming ASAP to install water sensors around the sump pump and water heater!