or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Onkyo HT R667 - please help me
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Onkyo HT R667 - please help me

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I am getting really frustrated trying to get this working so I would appreciate any help you can give me.

My whole setup was working fine until I went out of town for awhile and left it with a friend. They messed with different settings and since then I haven't been able to get it to work.

I reset the Onkyo system back to factory settings but I still can seem to get it working.

This is how I have it set up:
DVD (HDMI) to DVD-IN on the Onkyo and then HDMI-OUT to HDMI1-IN on my Panasonic TV.

I set the TV to HDMI1 and I just get a black screen with grey bars on each side of the TV... no picture.

Can someone please help me get this working?

Thanks,
X
post #2 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrylicAce View Post

I am getting really frustrated trying to get this working so I would appreciate any help you can give me.

My whole setup was working fine until I went out of town for awhile and left it with a friend. They messed with different settings and since then I haven't been able to get it to work.



Can someone please help me get this working?

Thanks,
X

Hi AcrylicAce, to help you - more detail are needed.

Whats not working? Is it just the DVD player not showing video?

What about audio (from DVD player or tuner)?

Are there other components connected to the receiver? If so, are you able to get video and audio from them?

Some suggestion for DVD Player issue:

- check HDMI cables for loose connection (disconnect and reconnect)
- check HDMI cables are plugged into correct ports
- check DVD Player for video by connecting directly to Tv
- check DVD Player settings (HDMI output, resolution, audio, etc...)
- power ON in a certain order: Tv first, then Receiver and last DVD Player (allow a few second in btw to fully power up)
- try other HDMI ports on the receiver
- try other HDMI ports on the Tv
- repalce HDMI cables
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the help...

There isn't any audio. I just tried the tuner and can't seem to get the audio to come on and there is no sound coming out of the DVD player either.

I have a media player hooked up as well as the DVD player but can not get any audio or video to show up from that either... can't see the media menus or anything.

When I plug the DVD player directly into the HDMI1 port on the back of the TV everything works fine.

I plug the DVD player back into the DVD-IN1 on the back of my receiver. Power everything on in the order you suggested. The TV starts black w/ gray strips on each side, then turns blue w/ gray strips when I turn the receiver on, then back to black w/ gray when I turn the DVD player on.

I try other HDMI ports on the receiver and the same thing happens.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me. Let me know if you need any other information.

-AcrylicAce
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrylicAce View Post

Thanks for the help...

There isn't any audio. I just tried the tuner and can't seem to get the audio to come on and there is no sound coming out of the DVD player either.

-AcrylicAce

If you reset the receiver back to factory default and still can't get any sound from tuner then its possible an internal problem with the receiver.

Don't hurt to double check all speaker connections also.

Maybe unplug the power cord from wall outlet and plug it back up after about a hour (or next morning).
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Well I unplugged it for a few hours and tried again and it is still the same.

When I turn the receiver to the tuner and adjust the sound on the receiver the sound bar shows up on the TV.... I don't know if this is useful information or not.

So you think it is something internal on the receiver? Do you think this is something that could be easily fixed?

Thanks again,
AcrylicAce
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrylicAce View Post

Well I unplugged it for a few hours and tried again and it is still the same.

When I turn the receiver to the tuner and adjust the sound on the receiver the sound bar shows up on the TV.... I don't know if this is useful information or not.

So you think it is something internal on the receiver? Do you think this is something that could be easily fixed?

Thanks again,
AcrylicAce

Another suggestion to you is try blowing compress air into Headphone jack or plug and unplug a set headphone into the the jack a few time.

Otherwise this could be related like the TX-SR606 HDMI daughterboard problem (see here).
post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Another suggestion to you is try blowing compress air into Headphone jack or plug and unplug a set headphone into the the jack a few time.

Otherwise this could be related like the TX-SR606 HDMI daughterboard problem (see here).
Thanks, I'll give that a try. Just out of curiosity what would the headphone jack have to do with anything?
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
Naw, still doesn't work. On that other page it is talking the 606... can I get the same parts that they recommend or does my receiver use something different?

Thanks again for helping.
post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 
Just one other question really quick.

Could it be the same problem as the 606 if the ipod doc working and sound comes out of the speakers?

Thanks again,
AcrylicAce
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrylicAce View Post

Naw, still doesn't work. On that other page it is talking the 606... can I get the same parts that they recommend or does my receiver use something different?

Thanks again for helping.

Look further up the page, post #61 has the same receiver (HT-R667). Suggest posting some questions there for more info to your problem.
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrylicAce View Post

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Just out of curiosity what would the headphone jack have to do with anything?

Well when plugging a set of headphone into the jack, speakers gets muted. Small Dirt may trick the receiver into thinking that the jack is being use.
post #12 of 14
When you press setup button on the reveiver are you getting on screen display?
post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spastic_ View Post

When you press setup button on the reveiver are you getting on screen display?

Yes
post #14 of 14
Might look at whether or not zone 2 is on. If it is, click it to off. Button on the front.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Onkyo HT R667 - please help me