or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › **Official Ascend Acoustics Tower Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Official Ascend Acoustics Tower Thread** - Page 20

post #571 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post

Anyone get their center yet. I think that they should be shipping or very close to shipping now. Curious to see what all you all's first impressions will be.

Oh, and just so you know I am still really enjoying my towers.

Regards,

RTROSE

Your center is being built today and scheduled to ship tomorrow Yours was one of the last ordered so we expect to have all dome "horizon" orders fulfilled by tomorrow, or Wednesday at the latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post

2-3 weeks wait on mine due to the RAAL shipment

Ribbons are due in this week!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariob33 View Post

Yeah, they must be really backed up. I have sent 3 emails looking to get in on the Center and haven't seen a response either. Figured it's Hectic and best to wait out the purchase.

Hmmm... Did you get our email response? I believe we have a HGB Horizon with RAAL on hold for you.
post #572 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascend View Post

Your center is being built today and scheduled to ship tomorrow Yours was one of the last ordered so we expect to have all dome "horizon" orders fulfilled by tomorrow, or Wednesday at the latest.


AWESOME, that is GREAT news. Thanks for the update Dave, I know that all of you are incredibly busy so the update is really appreciated. Looking forward to getting that awesome center in my system.

Regards,

RTROSE

Oh, feel free to give it a test run if you want to, just sign the back so I know that you had some fun with it. May I suggest not only Boom, Boom, Pow but LMFAO's Sexy and I Know It, that song is pretty good demo material too. I'm just sayin'.
post #573 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascend View Post


Your center is being built today and scheduled to ship tomorrow Yours was one of the last ordered so we expect to have all dome "horizon" orders fulfilled by tomorrow, or Wednesday at the latest.

Ribbons are due in this week!!!

Hmmm... Did you get our email response? I believe we have a HGB Horizon with RAAL on hold for you.

Yes I did. I am on the road but will call tomorrow with payment details..
post #574 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascend View Post

Ribbons are due in this week!!!

Does that mean RAAL Towers will be shipping soon?? I'm very anxious to get mine.
post #575 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascend View Post

Your center is being built today and scheduled to ship tomorrow Yours was one of the last ordered so we expect to have all dome "horizon" orders fulfilled by tomorrow, or Wednesday at the latest.

Ribbons are due in this week!!!


And a glimmer of hope appears on the Horizon (pun fully intended) .
post #576 of 1484
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet Motel View Post

And a glimmer of hope appears on the Horizon (pun fully intended) .

^^^^^
Ladies and gentlemen, he will be here all night!



Looks like we shall be getting our STC's in the next 2 weeks, very exciting!
post #577 of 1484
Good news indeed....

I'll be looking to order my STC within the next few weeks...once we return from our FLA vaction.... Again, the other night my wife commented on how difficult a time she has picking up the dialogue...unless I really turn up the volume. I don't have the RAAL towers but I am considering this upgrade seeing how that plays into the RAALs strenghts...

Note: My towers for now are only being used for music and NOT my HT....that will change once I order the STC.
post #578 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy p View Post

...My wife, again the other night, commented on how difficult a time she has picking up the dialogue...unless I really turn up the volume. I don't have the RAAL towers but I am considering this upgrade seeing how that plays into the RAALs strenghts...

I don't think dialogue plays into the strengths of the RAAL. From what I have read, it seems dialogue is not a decision point between the RAAL and NrT tweeters.

BTW...It looks as though myself and another forum member will be making a trip to Ascend on Thursday to check things out. I am going to try and make sure that merrymaid's STC is extra special.
post #579 of 1484
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang View Post

BTW...It looks as though myself and another forum member will be making a trip to Ascend on Thursday to check things out. I am going to try and make sure that merrymaid's STC is extra special.

I expect an autographed STC by you! Maybe it will be a collectors piece in 20-30 years
post #580 of 1484
My thinking here was if the ribbons help provided a smoother transition making vocals appear more natural or lifelike to being my answer...I wouldn't mind the added expense...although down deep..I know what crux of my problem really is.....

As for your visit to the Ascend.... I'll look foward to reading both yours and & your guests impressions. Will you be sharing some of your finding here or at the froum?

I'll have to dig up some of the info available at the forum regarding the to STC before I proceed to bug Dave....

Thanks....
post #581 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post

I expect an autographed STC by you! Maybe it will be a collectors piece in 20-30 years

LOL!! I will make it even more "special".

I'll try to take pictures. If a high gloss black STC cabinet is sitting around waiting for a RAAL, I'll send you a picture.
post #582 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy p View Post

My thinking here was if the ribbons help provided a smoother transition making vocals appear more natural or lifelike to being my answer...I wouldn't mind the added expense...although down deep..I know what crux of my problem really is.....

As for your visit to the Ascend.... I'll look foward to reading both yours and & your guests impressions. Will you be sharing some of your finding here or at the froum?

I'll have to dig up some of the info available at the forum regarding the to STC before I proceed to bug Dave....

Thanks....

I can see how the RAAL will add more detail to vocals when it comes into play, not sure the transitions will be any better, and the ability to "hear" vocals due to volume should not be any different....but I know what you are trying to justify.

For me, the main thing I am hoping for is to be able to hear a Tower setup with the RAAL, and of course, the STC. Seeing on how RAALs are back ordered, I am not sure how realistic that will be. We will at least be able to hear the STC with the NrT. I will at least post something about the experience.
post #583 of 1484
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang View Post

LOL!! I will make it even more "special".

I'll try to take pictures. If a high gloss black STC cabinet is sitting around waiting for a RAAL, I'll send you a picture.

Ha! Thanks! I look forward to your impressions! Tell Dave & crew I say hello. Heading off to Jamaica tomorrow
post #584 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post

Ha! Thanks! I look forward to your impressions! Tell Dave & crew I say hello. Heading off to Jamaica tomorrow

Oh...then I will just take your STC with me for safe keeping.

Have a great vacation!
post #585 of 1484
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang View Post

Oh...then I will just take your STC with me for safe keeping.

Have a great vacation!

I figured you might "watch over" them while I'm gone Somebody has to break that beast in!

Thank you.
post #586 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicology View Post

Does that mean RAAL Towers will be shipping soon?? I'm very anxious to get mine.

Yep -- Shipping by either the end of this week or Monday at the latest!
post #587 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang View Post

I can see how the RAAL will add more detail to vocals when it comes into play, not sure the transitions will be any better, and the ability to "hear" vocals due to volume should not be any different....but I know what you are trying to justify.

I fully agree with this. The ability to hear the dialogue in movies will not change from NrT to Ribbon. The advantage to the ribbon is that vocals are a bit more natural sounding and smoother.

Dialogue intelligibility really comes down to the final soundtrack mix and so many are poorly mastered. In my home, I generally prefer to turn the center up 3dB and I often enable dynamic compression so that overpowering special effects are slightly subdued, thus making dialogue even more intelligible. Then again, as opposed to my son, I prefer movies that are more about plot then special effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post

Ha! Thanks! I look forward to your impressions! Tell Dave & crew I say hello. Heading off to Jamaica tomorrow

Vacation? How dare you
post #588 of 1484
Great news for you guys..

I expect plenty of speaker porn from you new owners, of the towers and STC..

DJoel
post #589 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post

I expect an autographed STC by you! Maybe it will be a collectors piece in 20-30 years

Curtis, if you could manage to get Dave & Dina to personally sign my Horizon I would be eternally grateful, oh yeah you could sign it too! J/K I would seriously appreciate if you could sign it also !

It would be a cool touch at the speaker GTG!

Jay
post #590 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascend View Post

I fully agree with this. The ability to hear the dialogue in movies will not change from NrT to Ribbon. The advantage to the ribbon is that vocals are a bit more natural sounding and smoother.

Dialogue intelligibility really comes down to the final soundtrack mix and so many are poorly mastered. In my home, I generally prefer to turn the center up 3dB and I often enable dynamic compression so that overpowering special effects are slightly subdued, thus making dialogue even more intelligible. Then again, as opposed to my son, I prefer movies that are more about plot then special effects

Okay that makes sense...because most of the movies I like to view are referenced in the subs...sub section under master list of bass intense movies.... Whereas my SO gravitates to more plot intensive movies....so I'll need to adjust my CC accordingly until I receive my STC......
post #591 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet Motel View Post

Curtis, if you could manage to get Dave & Dina to personally sign my Horizon I would be eternally grateful, oh yeah you could sign it too! J/K I would seriously appreciate if you could sign it also !

It would be a cool touch at the speaker GTG!

Jay


Just so you all know I was the first to ask for an autograph, and to "allow" Dave to fine tune my center in his "special" room. Just sayin'

Regards,

RTROSE
post #592 of 1484
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascend View Post

Vacation? How dare you

I know I know. I should be sitting at home listening to my Towers instead
post #593 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post

I know I know. I should be sitting at home listening to my Towers instead

Just so you know I consider listening to my towers a vacation! I would say that doing so is cheaper than a vacation, but that depends entirely on the type of vacation.

Regards,

RTROSE

Edit: Just checked my email and this was waiting for me

Ship To:

RTROSE
South Central Indiana
Good ole USA

Number of Packages:
1 UPS Service:GROUND Weight:42.0 LBS
Reference Number 2:Black Matte STC

Whoo Hoo!
post #594 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet Motel View Post

Curtis, if you could manage to get Dave & Dina to personally sign my Horizon I would be eternally grateful, oh yeah you could sign it too! J/K I would seriously appreciate if you could sign it also !

It would be a cool touch at the speaker GTG!

Jay

Ha...my sig won't do anything for you.
post #595 of 1484
Dave just posted a link to the first pro-review of the Sierra Tower(NrT version):
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...er_speaker.htm
post #596 of 1484
Mentioned earlier that a couple of us are visiting Ascend tomorrow. Anyone in the area is welcome to join us.

I know it's short notice...

We plan on being there around 11am.

We are hoping to hear the Sierra Tower with the RAAL tweeter, and the "Horizon".

The shop is also now setup for full 5.1 sound...so that should be nice too. So bring some good Blu-ray stuff if you can.

The more the merrier!
post #597 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang View Post

Mentioned earlier that a couple of us are visiting Ascend tomorrow. Anyone in the area is welcome to join us.

I know it's short notice...

We plan on being there around 11am.

We are hoping to hear the Sierra Tower with the RAAL tweeter, and the "Horizon".

The shop is also now setup for full 5.1 sound...so that should be nice too. So bring some good Blu-ray stuff if you can.

The more the merrier!

My Dark Espresso RAAL Towers might be sitting over there ready to ship. If you see them (or hear them) give them a good send-off!
post #598 of 1484
With regards to the professional review, that was a really nice writeup and review. For those that are looking to purchase the Sierra Towers this is excellent motivation to get off the fence and get the towers. For those of us lucky enough already to have the towers it just confirms what we already knew. These speakers are well balanced, superb performers that rival speakers at a much higher price point and absolutely outclass other speakers at their price point.

Well done Dave, well done Ascend. Your hard work and dedication is paying off.

Regards,

RTROSE
post #599 of 1484
RTRose do you have a link to the professional review?
post #600 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

RTRose do you have a link to the professional review?


Yup, HERE and a couple of posts above.

Happy reading.

Regards,

RTROSE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › **Official Ascend Acoustics Tower Thread**