Way too much speculating going on for a compression driver that isn't even here yet and no one has given a penny towards.
There have been no pre-orders allowed on the CD's because pricing isn't known. All these items will be available on an ongoing basis. I've never said all sales are final. Of course you'll have time to return them if you don't like them. Why would that bother me? But why would I put all the 'legal' stuff up on the CD's when they aren't even here yet and none have been sold? And if you find something better that's cheaper, then you should buy it. Why would you not? No one will be forced to buy anything, ever. I will be testing each one before 1 person puts up a dime. If that doesn't ease worries, I honestly have no idea what would.
If anyone that pre-ordered the SEOS-12 thinks I'm 'not going to be around', or might have some tragic landscape accident before the SEOS-12's get here, or doesn't think I've thought about all the what if's, or replacement parts, or whatever.....please tell me so I can refund anything you've sent so far to help with the project. Seriously, I don't want people to worry. The pre-orders were set up so this would be more of a DIY community effort. There will possibly be about 200 SEOS preorders. I'm handling the other 800+. If that doesn't ease worries, again, I honestly have no idea what would.
Anyone that thinks I'd sink this much time and money into something without planning 20 steps ahead and doing everything possible to make sure it works out.....doesn't know me very well. And I'm sorry if I said something that makes you feel otherwise.
Originally Posted by hometheaterdoc
I would like confirmation on this stuff, please
I'm sorry to be a pain in the derriere... but I think this is important info to weigh into my purchase decision, especially since I'm looking at possibly 14 units, and more if I need additional units down the road....
Hometheaterdoc, The reason why I haven't posted every single aspect of these......they aren't here yet.
You're giving a lot of scenarios for things that haven't even started, but have already been thought about. Your purchase decision should be based on what is currently known. Until I have the CD's here, they don't exist, so how can I give all the info? If you're worried about the 14 plastic waveguides, I will refund your pre-order money immediately. Just let me know. No one is under any obligation to buy anything, including the compression drivers.....that aren't here yet.
I probably shouldn't have mentioned them. They're not needed with the SEOS project and no one has to get them.
As stated earlier in the thread: I'm not going to be the one setting the final price for the higher quality CD because it was mainly worked on by someone else. He will talk about them when they are here. I asked for his help many months ago and he helped. I stated earlier that I don't know the shipping prices so I don't know the end price yet, or the price per CD for his help. Once all the info comes in, I assure everyone, this will be the first place I post it. I really hope people stop speculating. It just makes other people worry unnecessarily. I'm not going to let anyone down.